Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
I'm having the same issue while making a one-way booking (on UA metal). The option just doesn't show like @wineCountryCA's screenshot. I hope the fix it soon.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 3:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by arshi007
I'm having the same issue while making a one-way booking (on UA metal). The option just doesn't show like @wineCountryCA's screenshot. I hope the fix it soon.
It has been almost 2 months, so I would not hold my breadth -- but calling seems to work find.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Wonder if gift registry might come back, or at least gift certificates?!
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I had $65 left in my TravelBank and had similar issues with not being able to redeem. I also had leftovers from an ETC I got for an oversell to LGA. Phone agent was able to zero out the ETC and contact ticketing support who were able to apply the remaining funds from the TravelBank. Not a huge amount, but always nice to save some $$ on a $600 ticket.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
My membership expires 11/3/20. My travelbank says expires 1/3/21. I just want to confirm that this means that I have til 1/3/21 to spend the bank and not 11/3/20.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eng3
My membership expires 11/3/20. My travelbank says expires 1/3/21. I just want to confirm that this means that I have til 1/3/21 to spend the bank and not 11/3/20.
The United.com Club membership what puts $5 per ticket into the TravelBank. There are (mostly were) other ways to get money into the TB - the Club was just one. I still have TB funds go in every month from spend on the UA TB Visa, for example.

So you wont earn any $ from tickets to the TravelBank after the membership expiry date (I believe purchase date, not travel date is used) . You will be able to use the TB funds until the $ in the TB expire (note: different TB deposits may have different expiry dates, so says the website somewhere, but I don’t think mine do personally, as Incant see different expiry dates in the details).
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:01 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Just took my first set of flights that didn't qualify for TB funds in many years. RIP.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:03 pm
Suspended

I have $1,000 balance in my UA club Travel Bank. My expiration to the membership is 2/2020. What happens to the remaining funds after that?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
I have $1,000 balance in my UA club Travel Bank. My expiration to the membership is 2/2020. What happens to the remaining funds after that?
There are two different items here
Your UA.com club subscription expires 2/2020. After that point, the $5 per booking on united.com will cease occurring. That subscription can not be extended. The $5 bonus has been placed in the TravelBank which is a separate feature and there have been multiple ways to place funds into the TB.

The TB is not going away and funds in the TB are governed by TravelBank Terms and Conditions
which states
TravelBank Cash expiration

* TravelBank Cash accrued in a Member's TravelBank account shall be maintained in the account until they are redeemed or until they expire, whichever occurs first.

* As a general rule (and unless stated otherwise by United under the terms of a particular offer or the terms of certain qualifying activity as determined by United from time to time) all accrued TravelBank Cash in an Account is subject to expiration and/or forfeiture for any Member who fails at any time to engage in Account Activity (as defined above) for a period of eighteen (18) consecutive months. United may, but shall have no obligation to, send a Member a notification of TravelBank Cash nearing or subject to expiration.
So far UA has not expired a travel Bank account and any activity (such as withdrawing $1) will reset the clock.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I was able to use my funds for a ticket purchase today!
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I was able to use my funds for a ticket purchase today!
Yep, that was returned -- was successful earlier in the week, also.
Drained my account but will still be earning more.
Not really a good idea to leave a balance if you have a chance to use the funds.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by emcampbe
...So you wont earn any $ from tickets to the TravelBank after the membership expiry date (I believe purchase date, not travel date is used) ....
Can anyone confirm if it is by purchase date or travel date?
Mine expires 11/4. So if I make a book on 11/3 for travel after 11/4, will I still earn?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
Can anyone confirm if it is by purchase date or travel date?
Mine expires 11/4. So if I make a book on 11/3 for travel after 11/4, will I still earn?
This is what UA states
If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.
Was captured in the wiki at the beginning, in case UA drops the web site message
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
I swear that I am not making this up - In the past any United award reservations (on UA marketed and operated flights) qualified for United.com club benefits ($5 pp). I took 3 award flights (a couple of weeks ago) and these credits still have not shown up in my account. I still have my United.com club membership valid until April 2020. Advice on whether award bookings still qualify?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
I swear that I am not making this up - In the past any United award reservations (on UA marketed and operated flights) qualified for United.com club benefits ($5 pp). I took 3 award flights (a couple of weeks ago) and these credits still have not shown up in my account. I still have my United.com club membership valid until April 2020. Advice on whether award bookings still qualify?
Award travel should still qualify for $5 credit per ticket.

Have you emailed UA yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.