Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Newest Travel Bank program
New UA "Travel Bank" option -- deposit funds and get a bonus

{UA} we’ve decided to discontinue the program as of April 23, 2019.
In particular, the united.com Club
united.com Club

As we keep evolving the digital experience for our travelers, we’ve decided to discontinue the united.com Club. If you’re a current member, there are a few things we hope you keep in mind.

Although you’ll no longer be able to renew your membership, you’ll continue to receive the benefits of the united.com Club until your current membership period expires. If you booked any trips before the end of your current membership, we’ll credit any united.com Club benefits to your TravelBank after you’ve completed your trip.

For more questions about the program, call us at 1-800-UNITED-1.

Check your TravelBank balance

See full united.com Club terms and conditions
For those wondering when their united,com membership expires

Go to your account details and where you see
Travel Bank
$xx.xx
Exp. mm/dd/yyyy followed by a "?" in a circle

The visible Expiration is the Balance expiration date

Click on the "?" in a circle and you get a pop-up that includes a different date
"The united.com Club Membership
Exp: MM/DD/YYYY"

Recent activity, including subscription renewals, can be found in the same location by "View details"

United.com club

T&Cs

TravelBank Terms and Conditions

Key limitation -- only for UA/UX operated flights. Tickets with partner flights are not eligible for the use of Travel Bank funds.

Customer Support / missing credits contact: [email protected]
Also [email protected] which is web support.
Direct dial to web/.com support: (800) 396-1751
Note -- you will never get an email response but the credit, if deemed valid, should show-up in a week.
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
In your email, include:
  • MP account number and name
  • Traveler(s) name, number of traveler if applicable
  • Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
  • Reservation confirmation number (PNR locator)
  • Flight number, origin/destination, and travel date
5 April 2018 -- UA started posting an "expiration date", appears to be at least 18 months after most recent activity (some are longer for unknown reasons)
also states
Some of your United®TravelBank Cash may expire on a different date than what’s displayed here. Please check your balance details for a complete history of your United®TravelBank Cash transactions and the expiration date for each amount.
Expiration had previously been in the T&Cs for some time (2 years of inactivity? but now is 18 months) and had stated an ETC would be issued if the funds did timeout. Unclear if that still applies.

The Gift Registry has been disabled since Fall 2017 (Sept?) (appears this may be related to a tax issue?)
As of 5 May 2018, it still states
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details. We expect the page to be up and running again in early 2018.
Around Sept 2018, wording changed to
We're sorry, our gift registry page is currently unavailable for maintenance. You can still use the funds from your gift registry to book travel during this time, but you will not be able to receive contributions or update your registry details.
To add funds: https://www.united.com/offers/travelcash

Print Wikipost

"TravelBank"- United.com Club & Gift Registry Q&A - No new/renewals as of 23 Apr 2019

Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:31 am

Found my answer: Only valid for air travel purchases on United- and United Express®-operated flights, including ticket, taxes and surcharges.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Is there a phone number to contact someone abou missing Travel Bank Credits? I actually started with reservations and spoke to four different people in four different departments and nobody knew the procedure to get missing TB credits.

It's only $10.00 but it's the principle. Also, don't want it to become 15.00 or 20.00 or whatever. Rather get it fixed and credited now,

I'm thinking email to customer care is the only way?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Plat, IHG Spire, Hilton,Miles&More
Originally Posted by cruisr
Is there a phone number to contact someone abou missing Travel Bank Credits? I actually started with reservations and spoke to four different people in four different departments and nobody knew the procedure to get missing TB credits.

It's only $10.00 but it's the principle. Also, don't want it to become 15.00 or 20.00 or whatever. Rather get it fixed and credited now,

I'm thinking email to customer care is the only way?
Send request to:
[email protected]
They don't send a reply, but check your account in 2-3 days.
I agree, it's only $5, but it's the principle, they promote the program,but don't follow through.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 23, 2016 at 1:24 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by SilverElite
Send request to:
[email protected]
In your email, include:

• Member's united.com Club enrollment date; since XX/XX/XXXX valid through XX/XX/XXXX
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by SilverElite
Send request to:
[email protected]
They don't send a reply, but check your account in 2-3 days.
I agree, it's only $5, but it's the principle, they promote the program,but don't follow through.
Yes, this is the magic email address. I too was bumped around from person to person several times. Someone gave me this email and to my amazement it worked. I have to use it most trips. If you split your ticket at all it rarely calculates correctly.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dogloverjb
Yes, this is the magic email address. I too was bumped around from person to person several times. Someone gave me this email and to my amazement it worked. I have to use it most trips. If you split your ticket at all it rarely calculates correctly.
I've heard this, but hasn't been true in my case.

I've had itineraries booked from my account split from the system (at check in) and an agent beforehand, and have been credited for both properly. YMMV, I guess
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by emcampbe
I've heard this, but hasn't been true in my case.

I've had itineraries booked from my account split from the system (at check in) and an agent beforehand, and have been credited for both properly. YMMV, I guess
Yes, I have had it work correctly, but not always. It is just another thing, like PQDs and PQMs, that you have to track for every flight and follow-up if not posted. I always feel petty because it is such a small amount, but then they shouldn't offer it if they can't get it to work.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:43 am

Yes, I have had it work correctly, but not always. It is just another thing, like PQDs and PQMs, that you have to track for every flight and follow-up if not posted. I always feel petty because it is such a small amount, but then they shouldn't offer it if they can't get it to work.
You also get credit for award travel. I try to book two one ways instead of a round trip. You receive $10 for two one ways instead of $5 for a round trip. $5 here and $10 there sure add up quickly.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You also get credit for award travel. I try to book two one ways instead of a round trip. You receive $10 for two one ways instead of $5 for a round trip. $5 here and $10 there sure add up quickly.
Are you sure you are supposed to get credit vs. award travel, vs. this being a bug?

I have been credited for split tickets no problem, per above, but didn't get credit for my two award tickets this year. Others above seem to have tried and been told they don't get credit for it, no? I didn't bother trying because I figured it wasn't supposed to work for those.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by emcampbe
Are you sure you are supposed to get credit vs. award travel, vs. this being a bug?

I have been credited for split tickets no problem, per above, but didn't get credit for my two award tickets this year. Others above seem to have tried and been told they don't get credit for it, no? I didn't bother trying because I figured it wasn't supposed to work for those.
I have always received a $5 credit for each of my award ticket. When you submit via email to [email protected]: make sure you include the following:

Good luck. Please report back with your result.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Plat
I have always received a $5 credit for each of my award ticket. When you submit via email to [email protected]: make sure you include the following:

Good luck. Please report back with your result.
Per my comments above, I think this is an exercise in futility. But as they say, "Don't knock it til you try it!" Will report back here. Thx for providing contact info

Edit: It worked! I am shocked! Emailed 6/27. Got the credit 7/8. Thanks again!

Last edited by sexykitten7; Jul 17, 2016 at 10:11 pm Reason: Follow up
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Discovered something today: if your reservation splits the PNR due to waitlisting the CPU, you do NOT get the TravelBank credit for the one that gets split away from your account. I got credit for our EWR-BOS flight, but I did not get the credit for my wife...should a quick call in to the hotline resolve this quickly?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
I can attest that this email address typically also does the trick. I've had issues where I emailed this address & also 1kvoice and 1kvoice basically was unhelpful.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Discovered something today: if your reservation splits the PNR due to waitlisting the CPU, you do NOT get the TravelBank credit for the one that gets split away from your account. I got credit for our EWR-BOS flight, but I did not get the credit for my wife...should a quick call in to the hotline resolve this quickly?
Email to the address listed here, supposedly works.

However, this has never been the case for me - even with Split reservations, I've always had the credit for both. YMMV, I guess.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Same thing happened to me several times also. An email did the trick. It was fast and easy. Do not waste your time with a phone call.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.