separate ticket for child?

Old Feb 7, 12, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

separate ticket for child?

Hi all,

On my next business travel, Id like to bring my child with me. He just turned 2. Before this, we were doing lap seats, so it was very simple. This time, however, I realized that I cannot book tickets for him directly online. Does this mean that I have to call in to make reservations? Can I just buy an adult ticket for him as there is no difference between child ticket and adult ticket, and then link both PNRs together?

I have just received confirmation from my travel department. Id really appreciate if you could shed me some lights soon. Thank you!

Frank
Old Feb 7, 12, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AS MVP, HH Gold, MR Gold
There is no way to link PNRs after the fact; they can put notes in them, but they're not officially linked, and benefits of being on the same PNR (status spillover for upgrades or luggage allowance) do not accrue.

That said, I do this all the time with Master and Miss PVDProf. I buy their tickets as if they were adults. The only real issue you could run into is that some manual work on your part might be necessary to stay together in the event of irrops.
Old Feb 7, 12, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDProf View Post
There is no way to link PNRs after the fact; they can put notes in them, but they're not officially linked, and benefits of being on the same PNR (status spillover for upgrades or luggage allowance) do not accrue.

That said, I do this all the time with Master and Miss PVDProf. I buy their tickets as if they were adults. The only real issue you could run into is that some manual work on your part might be necessary to stay together in the event of irrops.
Thank you. I've just done that!

Frank
Old Feb 7, 12, 7:18 pm

I book my kids online in same itinerary but if it's international flight sometimes the fare for kids is 10-15 % than a adult fare.

Good luck

Search this Thread