Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Valid Star Award Routing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: nobody
Originally Posted by encierro98
So after a long booking process time I was able to book a variation of my Option 2. They did have trouble booking it at first but got another Star at CS who persisted and was able to get it done. Anyway the routing is

1) JNB to HKG (12:25) on SAA biz
2) Overnight stop in HKG
3) HKG (10:30) to NRT (15:40) on UA biz
4) NRT (17:05) to LAX (9:45) on NH biz 773 ( I believe the new seats correct me if I am wrong)
5) LAX to IAH on CO first

So any recommendations on the specific carriers I should be taking. I know I will have to make some edits to it, but after about an hour on the phone, I decided I better hold that reservation. I wasn't expecting for it to be able to book, I was actually just calling up to verify it couldn't be done. They proved me wrong.

So does this itinerary look decent enough. I believe I know the answer to the question but is there any way I might be able to get First on NH from NRT to LAX.

Ok might have jumped the gun a little too quick. still not ticketed, but hoping that it should be updated soon enough
Only suggestion is if you could switch hkg-nrt on NH. Otherwise your trip looks good. New NH F if you can find it then go for it but don't get your hopes up.

The other one is nrt-iah direct. I know it means giving up new NH C seat. But I just don't like clearing custom and going through TSA especially in LAX. It is a personal choice but I always try to avoid any US domestic segment if I can.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by mobilebucky
Only suggestion is if you could switch hkg-nrt on NH. Otherwise your trip looks good. New NH F if you can find it then go for it but don't get your hopes up.

The other one is nrt-iah direct. I know it means giving up new NH C seat. But I just don't like clearing custom and going through TSA especially in LAX. It is a personal choice but I always try to avoid any US domestic segment if I can.
I like the suggestion am going to try to get on that short NH flight, but currently have had trouble editing the flight segments. And I thought about the direct to IAH as I agree, but want to try out the new NH.

Originally Posted by Mountainman
[I][I][I][B]

I'm amazed and pleased for you. Question: How many miles did this award ticket require?
Short answer 60,000 miles. But...

It turns out my routing wasn’t valid, hence why it didn’t get ticketed right away. After long hold times I finally got a hold of someone who told me this but then said they would honor my original booking but couldn’t change it up. Which was a bit of a bummer since I was actually calling up to change my departure city from PLZ to ELS. Anyway that didn’t fly. They also had to break the two tickets up into two different reservations and debit my account for that (120k miles). But I was assured that the 60k would be deposited back into my account in 3 days time. Hopefully I will be able to modify these tickets as normal award tickets, because I did want to move the dates back a few days and if for the chance NH F opens up want to upgrade to that. Also hoping maybe now the reservations are broke into two possibly getting another day in Hong Kong.

Oh the trouble I go through, having a bit of buyer’s remorse and thinking I should have gone the normal route home through Europe.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by encierro98
3) HKG (10:30) to NRT (15:40) on UA biz
It's a domestic first sized seat, like the LCCs operate in Asia. Switch to ANA/Air Japan if you can for a better regional business product.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:00 am

So now I am in Reservation nightmare. Friday I was told that I would be able to change the dates of the flights with no issues, just not the cities since they were making this big exception. Well they marked it on my ticket now that I can’t change it at all. Also any change will not only incur the additional miles but a reward redeposit fee. WTH. Even if I keep the same origin and destination. Doesn’t seem right. Have a call into corporate now as the local supervisor was not helpful and a bit rude to tell the truth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.