Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Continental Hold times 10x worse than United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental Hold times 10x worse than United

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
I have been on hold for > 1 hour as a plat many times and answers to email inquiries usually take 3-8 weeks for me. Contrast this to Delta where I never wait more than a minute for an agent and Emails get answered within 24 hours. United has to step up their game here.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
If you have access to a 2nd phone, might be worth trying from that one as well, just in the rare case you might have mis-dialed/spoken your elite #.

May just be another one of CO's infamous "we're not answering our phone" spells though, who knows.
I'm holding on two phones (Google Voice and Skype since I'm overseas right now). Sadly I don't have status with CO, not that it seems to help avoid lengthy wait times.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 2:03 pm

I can't even get on hold. It just says that they have too many calls and says "goodbye".
Old Feb 12, 2012, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Imagine how bad it will be post merger....
Old Feb 12, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Originally Posted by travfar
I can't even get on hold. It just says that they have too many calls and says "goodbye".
I was in the queue for 97 minutes today before I finally hung up. I'm going to try again in a week or so when I make Silver and see if it makes any difference.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Continental hold times are 10 times worse. I'm a Plat on CO and it's always about a 15 minute wait. I'm only 1P on UA and I get someone in 1-2 minutes.

Moreover, while UA's offshore call center reps are pretty bad, CO's are totally useless.

Compare this to AA where I almost never have to wait more than a couple minutes to get a domestic rep that can actually answer a question and - god forbid - resolve an issue on the spot!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1K, AA Gold, SPG PP, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by drod
I was in the queue for 97 minutes today before I finally hung up. I'm going to try again in a week or so when I make Silver and see if it makes any difference.
54 minutes on hold today (Yes, I used the number from the CO web site) before the call dropped. Not sure if it was my iPhone or CO, but you can be sure I blame CO for the long hold time...
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
CO Elite Phone DESPERATE

I have been on hold for over 2.5 hrs for the third time this weekend. Have a courtesy hold expires in 15 min.

Be grateful if someone can email me the Elite phone Line.

[email protected]

Grateful for the assist.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Go to the co.com site, log-in, "View Account Details" and "Print Duplicate OnePass Card" -- the phone number will be displayed.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 9:52 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by beaubo
I have been on hold for over 2.5 hrs for the third time this weekend. Have a courtesy hold expires in 15 min.

Be grateful if someone can email me the Elite phone Line.

[email protected]

Grateful for the assist.
Please realize that the elite line may NOT be much better, but probably better than 2.5 hrs!

LAX
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:27 am

This is so ridiculous! There are valid reasons to speak to a person and I've been making multiple calls only to be on hold, cut off, and on hold again. This is amazingly poor service.

I purchased an award that I had difficulty finding and really NEED, but I only got an email that it was still being processed. Never got the eticket and now I'm worried that I may have lost the seat. The instructions say to "contact us" if I don't receive the final eticket. What a joke.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 9:58 am

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by napilimom
This is so ridiculous! There are valid reasons to speak to a person and I've been making multiple calls only to be on hold, cut off, and on hold again. This is amazingly poor service.

I purchased an award that I had difficulty finding and really NEED, but I only got an email that it was still being processed. Never got the eticket and now I'm worried that I may have lost the seat. The instructions say to "contact us" if I don't receive the final eticket. What a joke.
Welcome to life on the New United. Don't worry, there's some esoteric work around where if you call a certain number and then ask to be transferred to a different number and then spin in circles counter-clockwise three times that your hold time will only be three minutes.

This is a merger after all -- growing pains are to be expected. You just have unrealistic expectations for service.

Or something like that.

Last edited by ORD-LIH; Feb 17, 2012 at 11:23 am
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
Called Platinum Desk today to try and do an upgrade, 25-30m wait at 12:55 Eastern time today... ridiculous
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ORD-LIH
Welcome to life on the New United. Don't worry, there's some esoteric work around where if you call a certain number and then ask to be transferred to a different number and then spin in circles counter-clockwise three times that your hold time will only be three minutes.

This is a merger after all -- growing pains are to be expected. You just have unrealistic expectations for service.

Or something like that.
You forgot that when you call the certain number, you have to verify with the agent that they're the normal staffing for that certain number and not some other number handling overflow calls.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Spent two hours on hold yesterday in order to speak to a useless agent. It took me another three hours today to make a change to a reward ticket (the agent was good). Never had to wait longer than 15 mins. with AA.

I'm afraid that things are going downhill quickly.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 7:48 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
PPlat desk has had ~15 minute waits regularly lately. I'm guessing they're understaffed and are waiting until 3/3+ call center combining instead of hiring more agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.