Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Continental Hold times 10x worse than United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1MM 1K, KLM/AF Plat, BA Gold, Marriott Plat

Hello,

Every time I need to be transferred to the Continental desk I'm on hold at least 10 minutes. Contrast that with United's 1K line were I'm usually talking to an agent right away.

Anybody else having this experience? Since I don't have a Continental Platinum card (am a 1K with status match) don't have a direct dial number to compare the response times.

EndlosLuft
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
While it's not usually 10x longer for me, the difference is noticeable, both in trying to get reservations as well as the mileage service centers.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Feel free to send me a PM if you want the direct number that's on the Plat elite card you don't yet have Generally am connected in a few seconds on that number. I've rarely had to call the 1K line so I can't comment on how noticeable the difference is but it can't be much better than my experience calling CO.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Everyone's elite at Continental! :-)
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K (pmua), Hhonors Gold
You can find the priority elite phone number at http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...emberCard.aspx. I've only had to call once, but the wait time was 2-3 minutes, which is 2-3 minutes longer than I usually have to wait on the 1K line.

I suspect this is something that will matter less after March 3rd.

Last edited by mgaiman; Feb 6, 2012 at 2:41 pm Reason: OP is 1K/Plat
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I have the CO matching Platinum for 1K with UA and I agree, I always have a wait with CO. It is never long, just a minute or so, but it is different after the 1K at UA.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: Platinum
Tried to upgrade a flight purchased on co.com, but the web sited wouldn't work. I called, got an oversea call center, then put on hold for 15-20 minutes. I was then transferred to the star alliance desk (US, I believe) because of a UA metal code share (!). Took about 30 minutes total.

I'll have to remember the elite line, UA automatically gets me the correct desk based on my MP number.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.6 MM, AA EXP, SPG Gold, MARR Plat (Premier) Lifetime, Hertz Pres Circle
I have had to wait over 5 minutes on CO (I am a 1K with CO match and hold the Platinum card).
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
The Pres Plat line works pretty well. As a 1K (Platinum match), I only have that number because of a computer glitch last month. I feel a little funny about using it, but the agents don't seem concerned and I figure that next month they'll give me some new 1K number.

Has anyone heard what the future plans are for the 1K call center? I'd be perfectly happy to stick with the one from PMUA, but that seems too much to hope for.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mgaiman
I've only had to call once, but the wait time was 2-3 minutes, which is 2-3 minutes longer than I usually have to wait on the 1K line.
I waited 4 minutes the other day on the GS line. It happens some times. I've learned not to get so caught up on the little things and my life is much more pleasant. :-:
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by joel67
The Pres Plat line works pretty well. As a 1K (Platinum match), I only have that number because of a computer glitch last month. I feel a little funny about using it, but the agents don't seem concerned and I figure that next month they'll give me some new 1K number.
Are you really getting help rather than a bewildered "how did you get this number"?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
I waited 4 minutes the other day on the GS line. It happens some times. I've learned not to get so caught up on the little things and my life is much more pleasant. :-:
Agreed! (Just waited 4 min myself, actually.)

On the other hand, needed to call the CO refunds number recently and was on hold for an hour before I gave up and disputed it with my credit card company, which seems to be what CO wants you to do.

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Are you really getting help rather than a bewildered "how did you get this number"?
Yes, they've been helpful and quite pleasant. Not one of them even mentioned that I'm not Pres Plat.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 6, 2012 at 5:26 pm Reason: merge
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:10 pm

29 minutes and still holding!

Just checking a future reservation and flight has been changed, so trying to get things settled with Platinum Elite desk.....31 minutes and still no answer! Just lots of invitations to visit the website!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG
The worst is if you call CO and have any need for supervisor and/or integration desk approval...there goes at least 20 minutes.

For years, I have made a habit of calling CO when I know I have at least 30 minutes so at least I can multitask...
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
25 minutes and counting...

I'm on hold right now, calling to arrange an int'l UG w/miles & $, geez

For the last several weeks I've been having issues with the elite line like this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.