Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage transfer with Asiana and ICN?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
Luggage transfer with Asiana and ICN?

I tried to find an answer to this but was unsuccessful. Maybe some here can help?

I am traveling from OKC to SGN (Ho Chi Minh) in march in business on a reward ticket. The itinerary is UAL from OKC to SFO, and then on Asiana from SFO via ICN to SGN. My questions are:

1) Will United check baggage through to SGN?

2) Will I have to pick up and recheck baggage in transit at ICN? My connection time is only 1.5 hours.
I've heard ICN is very efficient with tranfer passengers but this is my first time in transit there. I suppose I will find out regardless but I have a touch of OCD.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bevotex
I tried to find an answer to this but was unsuccessful. Maybe some here can help?

I am traveling from OKC to SGN (Ho Chi Minh) in march in business on a reward ticket. The itinerary is UAL from OKC to SFO, and then on Asiana from SFO via ICN to SGN. My questions are:

1) Will United check baggage through to SGN?

2) Will I have to pick up and recheck baggage in transit at ICN? My connection time is only 1.5 hours.
I've heard ICN is very efficient with tranfer passengers but this is my first time in transit there. I suppose I will find out regardless but I have a touch of OCD.
1) Yes.
2) No.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by bevotex
I have a touch of OCD.
You've come to the right place.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec, Delta Gold
Smile

They'll checked it through
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
If for some reason all the flights are on separate bookings UA will require an itin printout to tag the bag to SGN via ICN, and vice versa OZ/Asiana will require a printout of the UA booking when you leave SGN.

If the above is true I also HIGHLY suggest when you connect wherever you switch carriers that the new carrier does see a bag checked and has the tag number. Just playing safe if you have multiple itins... Normally on a single itin NONE of the above ever needs to be done

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.