Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Warning to UA flyers: possible delays at SFO due to runway closures Jan-Jun 2013

Warning to UA flyers: possible delays at SFO due to runway closures Jan-Jun 2013

Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)

Searched all through the UA forum and didn't see this--fortunately, a friend alerted me via Facebook:

http://www.mercurynews.com/san-mateo...-delays-at-sfo

Runway 28L is slated to be closed Jan. 11-14, Jan. 18-21, Jan. 25-28 and June 25-26. Runway 28R is scheduled to close April 5-8, April 12-15, April 19-22, April 26-29 and June 27-28
Great...I have flights (involving always-delayed CR2s ) through SFO on 1/12 and 1/22 with carefully chosen routings. Hope they don't screw things up for me. Although if UA wants to pay for my overnights due to misconnects, I may not complain all that much.

Will UA waive change fees for these periods or adjust the MCT during these periods? It's not like a weather thing where it springs on you at the last minute--UA has plenty of advance notice here...
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:19 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Please see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/san-f...uary-june.html

l'etoile
UA moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.