Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Old Sep 28, 12, 10:17 am

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Interesting. I flew through SFO yesterday and asked 4 different TSA officers when it was coming on board (was waiting for the groping / pat down search so had to wait some time while they found someone to do it) - all of them said that they'd been told early October. In any case, good news!
Old Sep 28, 12, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by ticketatl View Post
SFO (and DEN) are the two remaining United hubs without the popular PreCheck program. An airport spokesperson tells The BAT that SFO will get it in November.

http://thebat-sf.com/2012/09/27/why-...echeck-at-sfo/
Don't forget about CLE....
(really pleasantly surprised when I prechecked in CLT, too bad useless in CLE)
Old Sep 28, 12, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA-1k, AA-EP, HH-D, Marriott-G,HPass-PL, Avis-Pres, Hertz-Pres
Just went through Denver south checkpoint Clear line and TSA was setting up Precheck line next door! They mentioned a combined type operation not sure what that meant!
Old Sep 28, 12, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dpdapper View Post
Posts re effect on getting through Pre-Check of an international leg on an itinerary aren't clear whether this only affects inbound legs (e.g., ORD-LAX on a MUC-ORD-LAX itinerary) or also outbound domestic legs to an international destination. Anyone who can clarify?

Went through LAX this week with Mrs. dpdapper (both of us are registered Trusted Travelers) on an LAX-IAD-MUC itinerary and neither got the coveted LLL.
If you have an international destination in your PNR, you are not supposed to get Pre-Check access. Doesn't matter if it's at the front-end or tail-end of a trip. There is, however, the occasional glitch where you'll get access, though I wouldn't bet on it.
Old Sep 28, 12, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by born sleepy View Post
I mentioned this about 47 pages up, but it might bear repeating: if you book travel on UA via a corporate travel service like Concur (aka The World's Worst Travel Agency Website in the History of Ever™), and you have already put your Global Entry PASS ID into your UA profile, the PASS ID does NOT get tied to your itinerary. You must go in and manually add it once it has ticketed.

Also, is there a way to put my PASS ID into a US reservation? I'm not a member of their FF program. Should I set that up and continue to direct the miles to MP or will it require me to credit the miles to the US Dividend thing?
We use Carlson-Wagonlit and I've never had that issue. Since my first triple-beep, I'm 5/5 flying out of ORD on UA. Unfortunately, I'm also 0/3 on AA. Hopefully will work on my next AA trip (destination served only by AA), as I've fixed my middle name, per the thread in their forum.
Old Sep 28, 12, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by US_Usually View Post
...IIRC, I'll have to re-clear security on my return to the USA, after Customs at EWR. Hoping for a "3" on that last BP....
As suspected, no "3", and Pre-Check did not work at EWR C-3 for my final, domestic segment.

First time using Global Entry, though; sweet!
Old Sep 29, 12, 6:26 am

Programs: UA Million Miler Premier Gold, Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
If you have an international destination in your PNR, you are not supposed to get Pre-Check access. Doesn't matter if it's at the front-end or tail-end of a trip. There is, however, the occasional glitch where you'll get access, though I wouldn't bet on it.
Wow, kind of defeats the purpose for me and Mrs. dpdapper since most of our trips are to international destinations via connections through UA's US gateways . . .
Old Sep 29, 12, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Splat, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Explodist, IHG Splat
Originally Posted by gobluetwo View Post
We use Carlson-Wagonlit and I've never had that issue. Since my first triple-beep, I'm 5/5 flying out of ORD on UA. Unfortunately, I'm also 0/3 on AA. Hopefully will work on my next AA trip (destination served only by AA), as I've fixed my middle name, per the thread in their forum.
Just noticed yesterday that Concur/CWT has a field now to enter your PASS ID in the traveler's prefs. I don't remember seeing that the last time I looked. But after I entered my PASS ID I booked a new trip, and it's not in my reservation on ua.com frown... copy>paste>save
Old Sep 29, 12, 9:27 am

Programs: UA-Gold, BA-Gold
I flew out of IAD yesterday, and used the on-line barcode-decoder to confirm the '3' character indicating a PreCheck boarding pass. I'm not sure why this isn't just shown on the boarding pass with a big icon: is it supposed to be secret?

I went to the dedicated PreCheck checkpoint, and was the only passenger there at the time (mid-morning). Mobile-boarding-pass was scanned, got the 3 beeps, and I got through the checkpoint in a few seconds.

Note: I do not have any other trusted-traveler enrollment, just the 'checkbox' in the MP profile.
Old Sep 29, 12, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Is there precheck at JFK yet for UA? If o, where.
Old Sep 29, 12, 10:28 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by plj496 View Post
Note: I do not have any other trusted-traveler enrollment, just the 'checkbox' in the MP profile.
And for the data gatherers, that is my situation as well.
Old Sep 29, 12, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by hughw View Post
Is there precheck at JFK yet for UA? If o, where.
No. Given UA flies out of T7 with CX and BA (...and US), I suspect that it might be a lower priority for them?
Old Sep 29, 12, 12:45 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by plj496 View Post
I flew out of IAD yesterday, and used the on-line barcode-decoder to confirm the '3' character indicating a PreCheck boarding pass. I'm not sure why this isn't just shown on the boarding pass with a big icon: is it supposed to be secret?

I went to the dedicated PreCheck checkpoint, and was the only passenger there at the time (mid-morning). Mobile-boarding-pass was scanned, got the 3 beeps, and I got through the checkpoint in a few seconds.

In the TSA's mind, it is supposed to be a secret, so you can't anticipate that you will receive expedited screening.

Did you notice how many screening lanes were operating at the IAD checkpoint?
Old Sep 29, 12, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Got the three beeps for the first time at IAH yesterday. It was amazing. Reminded me of the good ole days. I have global entry as well.
Old Sep 29, 12, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
I am 3/4 out of LAX on pre-check and 3/3 out of Ohare. Here is the cool thing... I never ever signed up for it (1MM flyer, 145K this year). One day I just got three beeps and was directed to the pre-check line... pure heaven. Flew out of IAD (Dulles) two weeks ago and they didn't have it yet. Wouldn't have made my flight yesterday without it at Ohare.... probably the single biggest thing to improve my flying experience.^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: