Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lax2010
Why can't she also be PRE-checked and be happy as you are?
She's not an elite - flies once a year at most. Not really worth buying into GE either.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
1. C3 at EWR is the security line at the far left, is that correct?
2. Is there a PreCheck at SFO yet for UA?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:38 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hughw
No PreCheck at any terminals at SFO yet. One of the TSA folks said they thought it would be in October, but no firm time has been established that I know of.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:09 am

What is this going to do to CLEAR at SFO (and elsewhere)?

I don't know what CLEAR will be able to offer to differentiate themselves from PreCheck... And CLEAR is $179 / year...

http://clearme.com/index

With CLEAR, don't you get funneled in to (the front) of a normal security line? So still have to remove shoes, liquids, laptop, etc? And be examined by the NOS?

At ORD anyway, PreCheck took me to an 'old fashioned' metal detector, not the NOS. Which may be the biggest benefit of PreCheck...

Last edited by LarkSFO; Sep 23, 2012 at 9:16 am
Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
I don't know what CLEAR will be able to offer to differentiate themselves from PreCheck...
CLEAR's only distinguishing benefit is its consistency. Regardless of destination or BP encoding, you are guaranteed a cut to the front of the line, and prompt security processing. This consistency is useful when you are arriving at the airport pressed for time.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by hughw
Can't speak for SFO, but yes, C-3 is to the left at EWR.

Good morning so far - precheck, got a CPU as a Gold on EWR-IAH ... That one is like hitting the lottery! Even had my choice of breakfast ... Awesome.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Can't speak for SFO, but yes, C-3 is to the left at EWR.
That's the EWR Premier Access line, right?

I'm flying there over the weekend, and am glad to have it now at CVG (where I flew out of last on Aug 31, about 5 days before the lane opened) and at EWR for the way back.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by emcampbe
That's the EWR Premier Access line, right?
As you're facing the ticket counters, it's the one on the left. Once there, from left to right it's Pre-Check, GS, Elite, then others.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA-1k, AA-EP, HH-D, Marriott-G,HPass-PL, Avis-Pres, Hertz-Pres
IAH precheck today both myself and wife are GE. As we walked up expected only one of us to hit as we were traveling with an infant and associated with my ticket ticket.

All three bp's got 3 chirps and LLL. So it looks as though INF tickets inherit precheck of the associated ticket.

I thought precheck was nice traveling by myself it was outstanding with an 11month old and schlepping of her items!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Flying out of ORD E gates today and had mobile boarding pass so went directly to Terminal 2. Got my three beeps and walked right through an old fashioned metal detector. Very happy camper!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 2:46 pm

Printed Boarding Passes today for tomorrow's flights (domestic segment connecting to an international segment). Got the "0" instead of the "3" on each of 2 BPs. Not surprised (international destination), but oh well.

IIRC, I'll have to re-clear security on my return to the USA, after Customs at EWR. Hoping for a "3" on that last BP....
Old Sep 23, 2012, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist,
0 for 3 here. Most recently was today. I took the advice in this thread and checked the bar code using an app on my phone. I was please to see the rumored "3". Walked up to scanner at DCA. Smiled as I heard 3 beeps, and was then promptly directly to the regular line. I asked the TSA person why, since I thought 3 beeps meant I was in, but she insisted these were 3 beeps that meant I had to "see a supervisor" but she would let me instead proceed to the regular line. The guy behind me got the same story. As I stood in line I heard her say to another TSA person that she hated pre checked because it was causing the passengers to complain more.

Is there a such thing as three "good" beeps versus three "bad" beeps?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
She's not an elite - flies once a year at most. Not really worth buying into GE either.
I thought PreCheck is free and available to all MP members if she chooses to opt-in. Is it not true?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I thought PreCheck is free and available to all MP members if she chooses to opt-in. Is it not true?
PreCheck is free but Global Entry and other trusted traveller program have a fee.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 5:25 pm

I thought it was Elite-only but I could be wrong ...?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.