Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, AC Elite, Global Entry
Have global entry but...

Originally Posted by Jorgen
Let me guess -- dirty foreigners like me will never be eligible?
So lets understand this, US homeland security grants me global entry to enter the country electronically thru a border, but TSA won't let me skip the remove hardware from bag test? Where is the logic in that? Oh - forgot the govt

I signed up anyway, let's see if the citizenship test is enforced.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Thanks for posting this. Great news it's coming to UA and even better news it's coming to SEA!!!!!

-RM
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:28 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Thanks for posting this. Great news it's coming to UA and even better news it's coming to SEA!!!!!

-RM
+1
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:07 am

Programs: United 1K Million Mile flyer, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member, Marriott
I am a UA 1K and part of Global Entry. Does anyone know how to apply to this program or do I have to wait to be invited? I am not quite clear. I am based out of ORD so this would be great.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by David5885
I am a UA 1K and part of Global Entry. Does anyone know how to apply to this program or do I have to wait to be invited? I am not quite clear. I am based out of ORD so this would be great.
Once the new website is launched, you'll be able to input your TT ID # into your MileagePlus profile. ORD is scheduled to start TT for UA at the end of March, so you should be able to use it at that time, assuming that you get the "LLL" when the TSA clerk scans your BP.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:40 am
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
Originally Posted by David5885
Go to:

https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...nTraveler.aspx

You should input your Trusted Traveler Pass ID if you have one. (Global Entry members should have one.)

If you don't know it, go to this page:

http://www.globalentry.gov/pdfs/find_ge_card.pdf

Last edited by uwr; Feb 9, 2012 at 1:48 am Reason: corrected url
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Makes sense. Of course, restricting this to US citizens is a perfect way of separating the terrorists from those who deserve to be spared the indignity of taking their shoes off I hope other countries will retaliate and send non-citizen travellers to the Nude-o-scope.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:08 am

does anyone know who gets included as "certain frequent flyers"?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:37 am

People using TSA pre-check

I'm a travel writer for the Seattle Times and would like to hear from a few people using TSA's pre-check at airports where it is in use. Also any Alaska Airlines frequent flyers who have been contacted. E-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Makes sense. Of course, restricting this to US citizens is a perfect way of separating the terrorists from those who deserve to be spared the indignity of taking their shoes off I hope other countries will retaliate and send non-citizen travellers to the Nude-o-scope.
I don't see it that way. This is still a pilot program, and it makes sense to start with a narrow scope before expanding it out. Even in the long term, I have no problem with them targeting only US citizens for this program. I wouldn't necessarily expect to be eligible for such programs as a non-citizen, were I to travel abroad. Maybe they'll allow non-citizens participating in a TT program to be eligible, but if they do, you can bet it will be a long way down the road and that it will start, again, with a very narrow scope before expanding it out.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
I find it interesting that they can still "unpredictably" harass you with the requirements and actually won't promise you that you won't be harassed again.

Seems like a lot to give for a chance of not getting harassed.

I have a better idea: how about actually having effective security, get rid of the idiocy, and get people thru the line quickly and effectively?

Yeah, I know. It'll never happen.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Superguy
I find it interesting that they can still "unpredictably" harass you with the requirements and actually won't promise you that you won't be harassed again.
That was something that annoyed me, too. I believe the language is something like, "You may be referred to the Pre-Check line..."
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by uwr
Go to:

https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...nTraveler.aspx

You should input your Trusted Traveler Pass ID if you have one. (Global Entry members should have one.)

If you don't know it, go to this page:

http://www.globalentry.gov/pdfs/find_ge_card.pdf
I just did it ... no problems ^

Now lets hope that it survives the merge of OP and MP accounts
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA GS, AC Elite, Global Entry
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I don't see it that way. This is still a pilot program, and it makes sense to start with a narrow scope before expanding it out. Even in the long term, I have no problem with them targeting only US citizens for this program. I wouldn't necessarily expect to be eligible for such programs as a non-citizen, were I to travel abroad. Maybe they'll allow non-citizens participating in a TT program to be eligible, but if they do, you can bet it will be a long way down the road and that it will start, again, with a very narrow scope before expanding it out.
Who do you think uses global entry, nexus etc.,those programs have significant screening requirements, hence the pre-requisite for this. The very foundation of those programs is trusted international travelers, a higher bar than domestic. To exclude a subset makes no logical sense.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by rwsteelers
Who do you think uses global entry, nexus etc.,those programs have significant screening requirements, hence the pre-requisite for this. The very foundation of those programs is trusted international travelers, a higher bar than domestic. To exclude a subset makes no logical sense.
As I said before, it makes sense to start the pilot with a defined group. In this case, they opted to go with US citizens who meet certain criteria. If non-citizens are eventually pulled within the scope of the program, great, but I like the phased approach they are taking.

And they're not excluding just that subset. In fact, I'd argue that - thus far - they've only included a small subset of all potentially qualified travelers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.