Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: UA: 1K
just went through C3 at EWR. No Beeps at all now!! Fortunately I was cleared, and heard the three beeps at the actual credential check. (had decoded the bc and saw the magic 3 anyway)
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Tried to use Precheck at SFO T3 Fri nite @ 2030 ... Was told the Precheck line already closed for the evening.

Any idea what time it's available?
Originally Posted by goalie
Iirc, pre-check closes at either 6pm or 7pm
It's listed in post 1 of this thread as closing at 6pm.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by FortFun
It's listed in post 1 of this thread as closing at 6pm.
Is it UA or TSA who control PC lane hours? Are the hours necessarily tied to those of the Premier checkpoints? 6p closing for EWR and SFO is too early for weekdays.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by kendcc
just went through C3 at EWR. No Beeps at all now!! Fortunately I was cleared, and heard the three beeps at the actual credential check. (had decoded the bc and saw the magic 3 anyway)
True. but you can see LED on the scanner flash 3 times.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: I still call it Onepass every now and then. Platinum.
Originally Posted by wtigerFF
There is definitely an airside shuttle in BOS although I've never taken it. Has anyone actually cleared PreCheck in A for a flight departing from C? I'd hate to have to walk back to C if they don't let me through A.
CONFIRMED

Alright. I made it to the airport early today and can report that it works just fine. No questions asked.

The shuttle leaves from Gate 9 in Terminal A and I had to walk back over to Gate 7 and ask the agent to call the driver, but he eventually showed up after about 10 minutes and drove me over to C without a hitch. I'm now sitting in the UA Club across from Gate 20 writing this up.

My only problem is that I ran into the same surly TSA clerk as my last trip through the Terminal A Pre- lane, but that wasn't really a problem this time like it was last time. And I made it through pretty easily. (full disclosure, I was a jerk to him, too, last time)

I don't know if I saved time - the wait on the shuttle and then the drive over was at least 15 minutes - but not having to get groped or go through the scanner is worth that time for me.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by cottonmather0
CONFIRMED

Alright. I made it to the airport early today and can report that it works just fine. No questions asked.

The shuttle leaves from Gate 9 in Terminal A and I had to walk back over to Gate 7 and ask the agent to call the driver, but he eventually showed up after about 10 minutes and drove me over to C without a hitch. I'm now sitting in the UA Club across from Gate 20 writing this up.
I've thought about doing this as well. Flying tomorrow morning early so getting a shuttle driver might not be so quick. Probably no possible connections that early in the morning.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by jackal
The question is, though--do the scanners know what the current date is? They're not hooked up to anything except a power source, so unless they have a clock that is periodically checked and set and an internal battery to keep it running while they are turned off, the scanner may not have any way to check the BP's date against the real date.
Let me add my 2 cents to this confusion I encountered something new today. Yesterday, my BP had 3 beep at various airports (except one - more on that later). My last leg was canceled so they gave me a standby ticket for this am. Went to scan and got only 1 beep. So is it date or nature of standby pass? So I scanned last night's BP and got 3 beeps.

But I could not use last night's BP but found a way...

One of my legs was on a partner flight (US) and I only got one beep. TSA explained to me that changing carriers during the trip sometimes does that.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by cottonmather0
CONFIRMED

Awesome! Glad to hear someone has successfully done it.

I asked when I was there last week. TSA didn't seem to understand the question and said to ask United which was a strange answer. He's the one who has to let me through. I asked the United Club when the shuttle ran and they thought it was available in A as long as there were flights in A. They did need to call the driver.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Finally got it out of SFO after 3 tries Always nice when these things come to your home airport.

Went through on opening day but my flight was at 10PM and that checkpoint was closed as always.

Went through a few days later but as I was headed to Europe, so Pre-Check did not apply to the SFO-ORD leg either.

Finally got it on Saturday morning, coincidentally there was absolutely no one in the Premier line, but it still felt nice to leave my shoes on and not assume the stance.

But I did not see Pre-Check at the new Terminal in LAS today. Anyone know when that might be coming? They have it at the other Terminal.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Tried to use Precheck at SFO T3 Fri nite @ 2030 ... Was told the Precheck line already closed for the evening.

Any idea what time it's available?
It was open this morning at a little after 5:00 AM.

It does seem poorly situated, even with 10 (or less) people in line, I had to walk through people to access precheck. Not bad really this morning, but if there are 100 people in line it could be slightly less comfortable to do this...

Regular (premier access) line was about 10 people, precheck had nobody and I walked right through. Saved me the hassle of shoes/belt/liquids/computer, but at this time of the morning only probably saved me 5 - 7 minutes.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:46 pm

Mco today at 2 pm. All lines were awful but just one person ahead of me in pre check. Ah, it is so awesome not to have to disrobe and disassemble! My winter UGG boots didn't even set off the scanner.

2/3 at MCO now.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by wtigerFF
I asked the United Club when the shuttle ran and they thought it was available in A as long as there were flights in A. They did need to call the driver.
They needed to call the driver to get your question answered, or they needed to call the driver to get the shuttle to come?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:49 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A525 Safari/8536.25)

Has anyone had experience on here after opting in via UA of getting the 3 beeps when flying another carrier?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:52 am
sjl

Programs: 1K, SPG Gold, HH Gold
My first PreCheck at PDX

On my third time though PDX security for my last MR of the year, I remembered to try the PreCheck line. Kinda far from the UA gates but had to try since it was my very first. Only one passenger ahead of me qualified. When it was my turn, 3 beeps and I was in. yaaay! Had to take off my boots though after it set of the alarm. All in all, pretty painless...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by demkr
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A525 Safari/8536.25)

Has anyone had experience on here after opting in via UA of getting the 3 beeps when flying another carrier?
Have to opt in with carrier you are flying. If you're looking for examples, the wife has gotten pre-check every time since it started when flying UA, but not once on the two round trip trips taken with US, where she didn't opt in.. This includes one which had a UA one way segment and got it leaving SEA, but not into SEA or back from SFO (all on same itin). Take what you will for that, but her experience doesn't seem coincidental to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.