Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

TSA PreCheck Program - Questions/Experiences for United Airlines Travellers

Old Nov 7, 12, 7:27 am

Just had my GE app approved and went to enter my ID on United. I noticed that it says a Known Traveler ID is not requried to signup for TSA Prescrening -- I initially did not check the box to enroll -- and only listed my Known Travler ID. It gave me a message saying that it sent a request to not enroll in the program, which I quickly went back to the previous screen and checked the box -- then the message says a request was submitted to enroll. Has anyone had any experience like this with United's enrolling system, and why does it not require a Known Traveler ID - I'd guess people who don't submit one will just be denied?
Old Nov 7, 12, 8:31 am

Programs: ExPlAAt; United 1K
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23 View Post
Just had my GE app approved and went to enter my ID on United. I noticed that it says a Known Traveler ID is not requried to signup for TSA Prescrening -- I initially did not check the box to enroll -- and only listed my Known Travler ID. It gave me a message saying that it sent a request to not enroll in the program, which I quickly went back to the previous screen and checked the box -- then the message says a request was submitted to enroll. Has anyone had any experience like this with United's enrolling system, and why does it not require a Known Traveler ID - I'd guess people who don't submit one will just be denied?
It's an airline-administered program, so you can enroll on UA using just your MP number. GE should give you better odds at getting PreCheck more frequently and consistently.
Old Nov 7, 12, 8:45 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by fireworksboy View Post
That info would've been helpful - I'm traveling TPA-DEN-SEA tomorrown early a.m. Anyone know if pre-check is available in TPA yet? UAL.com doesn't have it on their list yet so I'm guessing no. Hope I'm wrong. Pre-check is awesome.^
I didn't see a Pre lane, but it was my first time flying out of TPA so it's possible that if there were one there, that I missed it.
Old Nov 7, 12, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by jackonferry View Post
It's an airline-administered program, so you can enroll on UA using just your MP number. GE should give you better odds at getting PreCheck more frequently and consistently.
Thanks for the clarification, I just hope I didnt screw anything up by first not checking the box to enroll, and then going back and resubmitting w/the box checked.
Old Nov 7, 12, 9:12 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
Went through the new TSA Pre-check at Gates 1 - 59 security MCO yesterday morning with Mrs. OrlandoFlyer and we both cleared, no problem. The TDC told us that it have only started that morning. It will make a big difference to us given the number of non-TSA Pre-check PAXs (i.e.tourists) that go through security.
Old Nov 7, 12, 9:38 am

How can you tell if you were approved when using a mobile BP? I've seen reports of apps telling you for printed ones but wasn't sure how to find out if using mobile.
Old Nov 7, 12, 9:42 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
Originally Posted by gobluetwo View Post
This morning was the first time since September I didn't get precheck at ORD.
Domestic only.
Got Global Entry?
Old Nov 7, 12, 11:22 am

Programs: UA silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by glx View Post
Got Global Entry?
Yup. In fact, I consistently started getting PreCheck after signing up for GE. Oh well, they do state that GE only gives you a higher likelihood. Also, PreCheck line at ORD this morning around 5:30am was more packed than I've ever seen it. There were about 10 people in the "holding pen".
Old Nov 7, 12, 11:35 am

At mco

It is open at mco gates 1-59 now (UA). I have the 3 and am about to try it....
Old Nov 7, 12, 1:04 pm

Programs: ua Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Gold, National Executive, Avis First
2 for 2 so far post Global Entry. IAD and DEN.

I did a SDC at DEN about 3 hours prior to my flight, same end destination but different routing and figured I might not get selected due to (relatively) last minute change, but, I did. I was the only one using it in DEN (early morning) and was 1 of about 5 in line at IAD on a Monday morning.

Good stuff.
Old Nov 7, 12, 10:10 pm

MCO 1-59 now open (agent said as of yesterday). Ahhhh.... Like a dream, I am treated as a human again.
Old Nov 7, 12, 11:41 pm

Programs: Delta, United, Virgin America, British Airways, JetBlue, Alaska
PreCheck at SFO Nov 14

Here's the latest re: two new PreCheck lanes (UA in T3 and AA in T2) at SFO from The BAT.

http://thebat-sf.com/2012/11/07/prec...-lanes-at-sfo/
Old Nov 8, 12, 4:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Just came thru PHX and TSA agent said pre check wasn't working "because united has a computer problem" and then they scanned my BP and 3 beeps.

Interesting huh
Old Nov 8, 12, 4:53 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Mileage Plus Plat, Global Entry
PreCheck at BWI

Saw an article that says Pre will stand up at BWI on 14 Nov, too. Anyone headed there on the 14th?
Old Nov 8, 12, 6:23 am

Programs: CO PPlus, Amex Platinum, DL Silver Medallion, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23 View Post
How can you tell if you were approved when using a mobile BP? I've seen reports of apps telling you for printed ones but wasn't sure how to find out if using mobile.
You're not supposd to know if you got it or not. Someone just figured out how to have the paper BP barcode read.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: