Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Buy tickets on United's website before site merger?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Switched from UA 1K to AA so I could earn EQD's on partners. Mid-tier on most major hotel programs.

Of course I only look for award tickets on co.com and generally detest .bomb, but at times I find better tickets for purchase at united.com. Sometimes much better. For example, looking for biz tickets from BKK to ORD, I am finding options that are $600 cheaper on united.com vs. co.com. I have already booked two such RT tickets this year, and I'm considering buying a third, flying over November & December. I would prefer to wait, as there is a small chance my plans could change, but I also don't want to pass up what is currently a much cheaper fare on ua.com. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether the cheaper routes on ua.com will go away once the system/site merger is complete?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
I also never understood why pricing from the same airline/same flights are differently priced between UA and CO. You'd think for such a large airline, they'd be able to at least sync pricing.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 12:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.2 MM
Originally Posted by Landice
I also never understood why pricing from the same airline/same flights are differently priced between UA and CO. You'd think for such a large airline, they'd be able to at least sync pricing.
Exactly, for me it is always more expensive at united.com, so I do all my booking at co.com.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:36 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Landice
For now they're operating as two different subsidiaries and operating two separate inventory systems and (most important) two sets of fare bases. Seems like the work to sync those is a lot higher than the work to retire one.

The fare prices being offered are similar but the routings and valid flights are not identical! I've seen a bunch of scenarios where CO.com seems to miss some regional jet flights.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by mherdeg
The fare prices being offered are similar but the routings and valid flights are not identical! I've seen a bunch of scenarios where CO.com seems to miss some regional jet flights.
Wait, are you saying the routing rules are different between the UA/CO fares, or are you saying that CO.com occasionally doesn't show you all flights (and all possible connections) between two city pairs?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: 1K on UA, Platinum on CO
I always book on UA.com when I can - hate CO.com - but will use when I'm booking CO heavy route - I guess on March 3 we will all be forced to use the clunky chunky CO.com - but till then I use UA.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.