Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
If you’re based in NYC or LI, flying to a hub or don’t mind a connection, fly out of the new LGA terminal and enjoy a beautiful, uncrowded lounge with decent food selections.
elitefreak and Xyzzy like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
If you’re based in NYC or LI, flying to a hub or don’t mind a connection, fly out of the new LGA terminal and enjoy a beautiful, uncrowded lounge with decent food selections.
doing just that in October!
Old Aug 29, 2021, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
The EWR C74 lounge had a large section curtained off. It’s the area to the left and in front of the bar. See picture from the opposite side. Anybody know what’s up?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 29, 2021 at 4:08 pm Reason: picture removed due to lack of blurring faces
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by st530
The EWR C74 lounge had a large section curtained off. It’s the area to the left and in front of the bar. See picture from the opposite side. Anybody know what’s up?
There was a report of some flooding (ceiling leak) due to heavy rain a week or so ago, with a curtained off section when they re-opened. Probably still that.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
Best kept lounge secret in the network.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by st530
Lounge leaked because of Henri:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33513242-post600.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33513242-post605.html

David
st530 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 6:31 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Flew out of Terminal A on Friday. Same experience others have had upthread. Seating area crowded, in part with full JetBlue flights. Looked like pre-pandemic crowds except for the masks. Can the decision to keep this Club closed really just be "wait for Terminal 1"? I was thinking about that as I stood in a 20 minute line for a coffee, paying for it with my United Club card. After going through "Pre-Check Lite" (including having to empty my pockets and put my shoes on the belt), it was even more frustrating. I know - I could clear through Terminal C and take the bus in 95 degree heat, but that's not an attractive option either.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Just hoping terminal A club opens up before mid-October. Otherwise, would we be running from Terminal B (INTL arrival) to terminal C (club) to terminal A (reclear security and no waiting space)? It's a 4:15 layover.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by iplaybass
Just hoping terminal A club opens up before mid-October. Otherwise, would we be running from Terminal B (INTL arrival) to terminal C (club) to terminal A (reclear security and no waiting space)? It's a 4:15 layover.
There's a secure-side bus between C and A. Land at B, reclear security at C, spend some time in the lounge, and ~20 min before boarding out of A, get on the bus.

Keep in mind that lots of UAX flights are still using Terminal C. UA gave up a few gates at A-2 which are now being used by JetBlue.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by newyorktola
Thank you! And thank you WineCountryUA for confirming!
Couple of additional data points.

Arrived from BCN on 20 July, showed my Apple Wallet BP, check-in agent proactively told me to wait a moment as she printed a paper BP with the * punch stamp for premium drinks.

Arrived from ATH on 29 August, showed my Apple Wallet BP, check-in agent thanked me and that was it. (I didn't ask as I only had about 20 minutes and just wanted a prosecco and EWR Club offers no premium bubbly.)
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wonder how bad C74 UC is now after Ida rolled through...

David
Old Sep 2, 2021, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by DELee
Hopefully the leaks from last week were plugged ... I took a peek behind the curtains the other day and saw quite a few ceiling tiles were missing frm the closed area...
8MiHi likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT

David
i saw a crazy video of the c terminal first level with like 6 inches of standing water so who knows.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by njxbean
i saw a crazy video of the c terminal first level with like 6 inches of standing water so who knows.

Let's see if Henri and Ida could do to C74 that no amount of complaints from UC members have done - force UA to fix the place.

David
uanj, kirkwoodj and chavala like this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC

David
At the risk of making light ... could it be that much worse that it was?
seanp7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.