Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by goodeats21
So, looks like United is back to using their "A" gates for UAX operations. And of course, did not open the United Club in A.

I was told there are plans to reopen it this month, but no firm date.
goodeats21 and 8MiHi like this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Dirigible
Hi FlyerTalk. I've got an important work call I'll likely have to take from the airport tomorrow (unless I change my flight). Wondering if anyone has recently visited either of the United clubs at EWR, and can provide any insight into how busy they are lately / how strong the WiFi is. Curious how covid closures may be affecting things. This would be around midday on a weekday. Thanks for any thoughts!
Go to the C-2 Club, not the pop-up club. The pop-up club walls don't extend to the ceiling, so you hear all the nearby announcements. It can be very noisy.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 6:30 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by EWR764
I asked yesterday at the C74 club when the "A" club would reopen...radio silence
Old Aug 10, 2021, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Another flight in Terminal A. United Club there still closed.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Another flight in Terminal A. United Club there still closed.
Yeah, stuck in A now do to crew issues, would have been nice to be able to go into the lounge as genpop in A is sweltering right now.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, SW A List Preferred
Due to current limited connections, I have a 5 hour 40 minute connection in EWR on 8/21 (BCN-EWR-STL), with connecting flight likely to leave from Terminal A. The only potential to shorten it would add an extra leg, with a 40 minute connection in ORD, and only get me to the destination about 40 minutes earlier, so not really worth it.

Given the current lounge situation, even if the UC in A reopens, would it make more sense to inquire about a day room at the Marriott, rather than finding a place in any of the terminals to kill time?

Terminal A does have Precheck, correct?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Chalmers3716
Due to current limited connections, I have a 5 hour 40 minute connection in EWR on 8/21 (BCN-EWR-STL), with connecting flight likely to leave from Terminal A. The only potential to shorten it would add an extra leg, with a 40 minute connection in ORD, and only get me to the destination about 40 minutes earlier, so not really worth it.

Given the current lounge situation, even if the UC in A reopens, would it make more sense to inquire about a day room at the Marriott, rather than finding a place in any of the terminals to kill time?

Clearing security at EWR (particularly with Clear and/or Precheck) is always a better experience at terminal C than it is at terminal A. I'd enter at C and camp out at the C-74 United Club. When it comes time to go to the gate, the inter-terminal bus is nt too far from that club.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Clearing security at EWR (particularly with Clear and/or Precheck) is always a better experience at terminal C than it is at terminal A. I'd enter at C and camp out at the C-74 United Club. When it comes time to go to the gate, the inter-terminal bus is nt too far from that club.
Couldn't OP hit the AC MLL, or is that closed in A also?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by AugustusM
Yeah, stuck in A now do to crew issues, would have been nice to be able to go into the lounge as genpop in A is sweltering right now.
My last several UAX flights to/from EWR have been delayed with crew issues. I think mine were all Go Jet.
Gen pop () in A is a crappy experience.

Terminal A - United wing sometimes has Precheck, sometimes has Precheck "lite", and sometimes doesn't have it at all.
(Based on PreCovid operations).

Not sure ~5 hours is worth a trek to Marriott and back. Kinda of a marginal time frame for the benefit of that.

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Agreed. 2 notes:
The pop up is now open in the later afternoons as well, providing for a possible change of scenery / escape of crowd option.
Based on my 1 post-covid experience, the bus is not running as frequently as before. So allow plenty of time.
AugustusM likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by aacharya
Couldn't OP hit the AC MLL, or is that closed in A also?
It's still temporarily closed -- and it's on a different pier from the one UA uses s one has to reclear security when going from there to the UA gates in terminal A.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott

Can't comment on current state of A-2 security, but it should have Precheck "lite" at minimum. In the heyday (pre-COVID) there was real Precheck at peak hours.

Assuming on-time arrival and leisurely pace of international arrival and security re-clear, that gives you 3-4 hours to kill. A long time for the UA lounges at EWR. On a Saturday with minimal traffic, I'd jump in an Uber/Lyft and grab lunch/hang out on the water in Hoboken or Jersey City for a couple of hours. NYC is a little longer of a trip, but equally doable.

The United Clubs at Terminal C would get awfully boring for such a long layover, and the Marriott is nothing special unless you really need a midday nap.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, SW A List Preferred
Not sure ~5 hours is worth a trek to Marriott and back. Kinda of a marginal time frame for the benefit of that.
I'm somewhat of the same mindset, but the reason I'm considering it is, with the long layover, I'll land in STL at ~9:30, which will be 4:30 am for my body. Having access to a shower would be the main perk of the hotel.

Assuming on-time arrival and leisurely pace of international arrival and security re-clear, that gives you 3-4 hours to kill. A long time for the UA lounges at EWR. On a Saturday with minimal traffic, I'd jump in an Uber/Lyft and grab lunch/hang out on the water in Hoboken or Jersey City for a couple of hours. NYC is a little longer of a trip, but equally doable.

The United Clubs at Terminal C would get awfully boring for such a long layover, and the Marriott is nothing special unless you really need a midday nap.
I thought about that, or taking the train into Newark for lunch, but, knowing myself, I'll spend the entire time counting down the minutes til when we need to be back, and not sure the added (self-induced) stress is worth it.
8MiHi likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 10, 2021 at 1:45 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
EWR C93 pop-up now open 3:30pm-7:30pm daily. Hope they expand those hours as C74 is just a disaster.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, another flight out of Terminal A, and of course, they still haven't opened the Club here.

Terminal is hot...really hot, at 10 AM. Feel really bad for anyone stuck using this pit in the afternoons.
Oh, and it's crowded. And loud.

I hate this place.
chavala, manstein58, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another departure from EWR yesterday. C74 was crowded, as always. Pop up was a much better experience...wish it was open longer hours.

I asked the desk when Terminal A was going to open. They said never.
He said that since United doesn't have sole use of the pier now, that there are not enough members using A to bother to open it.
(Jet Blue has use of some of the gates now).

No idea how reliable this is, but if true, is VERY disappointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.