Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:18 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Wow. C123 is a nice United Club, but kind of amazed that anyone would prefer it over the Polaris Lounge. Care to elaborate as to why?
Can also depend on time of day/whether the restaurant is open & available/whether you're drinking alcohol. Last time I flew EWR-SFO-SIN early morning, the Polaris lounge had no hot food when I got there at 4:30am but the UC at least had hot oatmeal. This was before the new C123 Club opened, so presumably the hot egg dishes would also be available there at that time. The Polaris restaurant wasn't open until after I would have to leave for my 6:30am EWR-SFO flight.
SPN Lifer and goodeats21 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Can also depend on time of day/whether the restaurant is open & available/whether you're drinking alcohol. Last time I flew EWR-SFO-SIN early morning, the Polaris lounge had no hot food when I got there at 4:30am but the UC at least had hot oatmeal. This was before the new C123 Club opened, so presumably the hot egg dishes would also be available there at that time. The Polaris restaurant wasn't open until after I would have to leave for my 6:30am EWR-SFO flight.
Sure, that makes sense. And I recall having to relocate to a United Club when a delayed Intl departure meant the Polaris Lounge was closing.

During full service hours though, would think the Polaris Lounge would be universally preferred to UC.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Overnight “intruder”

Enjoying my usual overnight oats and bit into this. No edible. I think it is star anise? There was not just one. Beware.

Who left this in?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
New Terminal A

Will there be a new United Club in the new Terminal A?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sannmann
Yes.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Fully discussed here:
EWR Terminal One now New Terminal A
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by 8MiHi
Do you have a specific post you would recommend I look at?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:23 am

It's asked about every 10 posts there...
Old Jan 18, 2023, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by jonu
It's asked about every 10 posts there...
What date will the club open?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
What date will the club open?
No date announced. Some speculation (and much cynicism) about a "summer" opening.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Target opening for Terminal A club is the summer. From the looks of it, there is some interior framing going on but I did not see active construction when I was there yesterday afternoon.

There are plans for a United Club Fly at EWR, which I think could go in the former customer service area in C-2. C-2 will mostly be UAX going forward, plus widebodies on the west side of the concourse during international pushes.

By the end of the year, according to the earning call today, EWR will have about 70% more square footage in United Clubs than 2019.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764
Target opening for Terminal A club is the summer. From the looks of it, there is some interior framing going on but I did not see active construction when I was there yesterday afternoon.

There are plans for a United Club Fly at EWR, which I think could go in the former customer service area in C-2. C-2 will mostly be UAX going forward, plus widebodies on the west side of the concourse during international pushes.

By the end of the year, according to the earning call today, EWR will have about 70% more square footage in United Clubs than 2019.
That sounds great. Would that mean two clubs in C (C123 + C74), one Fly in C, and one club in A?
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
That sounds great. Would that mean two clubs in C (C123 + C74), one Fly in C, and one club in A?
Would be the plan, I would think. Wish there was some timeline for C74 to be done, because if you are flying out of C1, it's quite onerous to make the long trek back from the C3 club.

Part of me also wonders if they are going to decorate the hallway below where the new club in C3 goes. Right now, it still has a sterile, 'under construction' feel to it.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
UC in Terminal A
This is the first post-opening post.
The reality is we are flying blind on this. We have an official "Maybe this summer"
Old Feb 13, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
united club terminal A

Have a flight upcoming in the new T-A, am I reading right that there's no UC there? Are there any published plans to open one?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.