Old Sep 15, 17, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of February 2022
Terminal A - A2 concourse, 5:15 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level, 5:15 a.m. 9:45 p.m. daily (under renovation)
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - , 2:00 p.m. 7:30 p.m. daily, no hot food
C3- New club C123

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)








related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}




Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR

Old Sep 22, 22, 8:51 am
  #391  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Posts: 8,842
Originally Posted by econ View Post
They were quite useful for me (even if I had to carry my rollaboard) as a way to get up to the entrance before the line of people waiting for the elevator.
My point exactly. The single elevator was a choke point. Escalators would be much preferable for what will be a high-traffic lounge.
SPN Lifer and 8MiHi like this.
EWR764 is offline  
Old Sep 22, 22, 9:29 am
  #392  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: Alaska 75K, Delta Silver, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Posts: 7,056
Originally Posted by EWR764 View Post
My point exactly. The single elevator was a choke point. Escalators would be much preferable for what will be a high-traffic lounge.
You mean the escalators which often don't work?

To its credit, C3 UC has a stairs alongside the escalators.
Repooc17 is offline  
Old Sep 22, 22, 12:48 pm
  #393  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York, NY
Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Posts: 8,842
Originally Posted by Repooc17 View Post
You mean the escalators which often don't work?

To its credit, C3 UC has a stairs alongside the escalators.
Still preferable to the now-closed C-1 setup.
SPN Lifer and seanp7 like this.
EWR764 is offline  
Old Sep 23, 22, 2:13 pm
  #394  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Posts: 3,722
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
Well, I'll be....HALLELUJAH!
So what's the planned alternative if they get rid of all the iPads?
physioprof is online now  
Old Sep 23, 22, 2:15 pm
  #395  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Honolulu Harbor
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 12,988
Originally Posted by physioprof View Post
So what's the planned alternative if they get rid of all the iPads?
WiFi to your own device and make sure OTG app up-to-date?
IAH-OIL-TRASH is offline  
Old Sep 23, 22, 2:29 pm
  #396  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern California
Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Posts: 919
Isnt it the worst when youre hungry and really want to visit the C-3 clubarrive at C72 , your next flights at C83 and have less than an hour?!
unitedbusiness is offline  
Old Sep 23, 22, 3:27 pm
  #397  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Morris County, NJ
Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Posts: 2,099
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness View Post
Isnt it the worst when youre hungry and really want to visit the C-3 clubarrive at C72 , your next flights at C83 and have less than an hour?!
... just have to wait for C-1 to reopen. Progress takes time - a year from now, EWR is going to be the best-of-the-best in the system - great Polaris lounge, new C-1 club, new C-3 club and new A terminal + club. Absolutely worth the wait.

The only challenge is, of course, C-2. And not much can be done - there's really no practical space in C-2 for a club. Unless, of course, they built a club where the Polaris lounge is .... oh, wait. Think I've seen that movie before.
unitedbusiness and narvik like this.
dmurphynj is online now  
Old Sep 23, 22, 3:54 pm
  #398  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New England
Programs: Delta Platinum, United Gold, American Platinum, Wyndham Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Posts: 5,081
Originally Posted by physioprof View Post
So what's the planned alternative if they get rid of all the iPads?
QR codes, which they've been using up until recently.
diburning is offline  
Old Sep 23, 22, 3:56 pm
  #399  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Southern California
Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Posts: 919
Originally Posted by dmurphynj View Post
... just have to wait for C-1 to reopen. Progress takes time - a year from now, EWR is going to be the best-of-the-best in the system - great Polaris lounge, new C-1 club, new C-3 club and new A terminal + club. Absolutely worth the wait.

The only challenge is, of course, C-2. And not much can be done - there's really no practical space in C-2 for a club. Unless, of course, they built a club where the Polaris lounge is .... oh, wait. Think I've seen that movie before.
indeed, this winter will be very exciting for United flyers! New clubs at EWR, DEN, ORD and PHX!
narvik, dmurphynj and tcdtcd like this.
unitedbusiness is offline  
Old Sep 23, 22, 9:11 pm
  #400  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AVP & PEK
Programs: UA 1K 1.7MM, AVIS PC
Posts: 4,865
Originally Posted by physioprof View Post
So what's the planned alternative if they get rid of all the iPads?
Well, humans have been able to order food and beverages at restaurants for hundreds (thousands?) of years before the advent of iPads: I bet they will think of 'something'! 😎
narvik is offline  
Old Sep 27, 22, 4:02 pm
  #401  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Wayne, NJ USA
Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Posts: 2,100
Terminal A club closing soon

The bartender just told me that the A UC is closing at the end of October. Doesn't seem to coincide with the delayed opening of the new Terminal A. She wasn't told yet what her new assignment is (or if there is an assignment).
elitefreak is offline  
Old Sep 28, 22, 7:54 am
  #402  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: EWR
Programs: UA 1.6MM 1K, UC Lifetime , HHonors Diamond, Presidential Plus card holder
Posts: 553
Originally Posted by elitefreak View Post
The bartender just told me that the A UC is closing at the end of October. Doesn't seem to coincide with the delayed opening of the new Terminal A. She wasn't told yet what her new assignment is (or if there is an assignment).
Last Thursday I talked to the terminal A UC agents and a bartender. They were all told to be prepared for a November 1 move to the new terminal. They believe that is possible but don't think its likely.
They all toured the new facility and were impressed.
Xyzzy likes this.
8MiHi is offline  
Old Oct 13, 22, 8:12 pm
  #403  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 1,095
Does anyone know of the pop up Club around C92 has a TV (or TVs)? Actually, do any of the Clubs have TVs? Looking for a place to watch a big sporting event
jonu is offline  
Old Oct 13, 22, 8:20 pm
  #404  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 9,448
Originally Posted by jonu View Post
Does anyone know of the pop up Club around C92 has a TV (or TVs)? Actually, do any of the Clubs have TVs? Looking for a place to watch a big sporting event
No, none at C92. There are televisions behind the bar at C123, and one behind the bar at A.
jonu and 8MiHi like this.
fumje is offline  
Old Oct 14, 22, 8:20 am
  #405  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Wayne, NJ USA
Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Posts: 2,100
Originally Posted by jonu View Post
Does anyone know of the pop up Club around C92 has a TV (or TVs)? Actually, do any of the Clubs have TVs? Looking for a place to watch a big sporting event
Go Yankees!
elitefreak is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread