Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Flying in the wrong part of the plane today to Germany and I was almost not going to bother trying the C74 club at 5pm but what a pleasant surprise. It’s busy but there are tables and there is an active effort at cleaning. The food includes sandwiches that are actual good.

It’s a shame I just miss the new club and am about to visit a circle of hell Dante couldn’t imagine (787 economy) but that was a bit of a positive surprise.
Old May 11, 2022, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by rather_be_on_a_griffin
Flying in the wrong part of the plane today to Germany and I was almost not going to bother trying the C74 club at 5pm but what a pleasant surprise. It’s busy but there are tables and there is an active effort at cleaning. The food includes sandwiches that are actual good.

It’s a shame I just miss the new club and am about to visit a circle of hell Dante couldn’t imagine (787 economy) but that was a bit of a positive surprise.
Well, the circle that you visit certainly won't be the third (gluttony)...

David
gretchendz likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Quick EWR Lounge Question: Is the current C74 UA Lounge accepting one-day passes? I'm flying out of EWR tomorrow and my Amtrak train arrives 4.5 hours before departure. If not, would I have any luck at the C93 location or over at Terminal A?

(I'm saddened that I'm one day too early for the new lounge).

Wine: - I can't find the General EWR UC Thread - feel free to relocate appropriately
Old May 18, 2022, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by phkc070408
Quick EWR Lounge Question: Is the current C74 UA Lounge accepting one-day passes? I'm flying out of EWR tomorrow and my Amtrak train arrives 4.5 hours before departure. If not, would I have any luck at the C93 location or over at Terminal A?

Wine: - I can't find the General EWR UC Thread - feel free to relocate appropriately
Terminal A should accept them, and I would probably opt to use it there anyway. Much more relaxed vibe. Easily worth the bus ride to avoid the chaos of C74 Club
SPN Lifer and phkc070408 like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Today is last day for EWR C74 Uncle Charlie. Opened August 8, 1988 andit looks and feels older than that. Addio!
SPN Lifer, Xyzzy, EWR764 and 1 others like this.
Old May 18, 2022, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by manstein58
Today is last day for EWR C74 Uncle Charlie. Opened August 8, 1988 andit looks and feels older than that. Addio!
What is the future plan for the C74 space?
Old May 18, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by UAFAM
What is the future plan for the C74 space?
Gut, full remodel, reopen as a smaller new concept UC.

Originally Posted by manstein58
It was remodeled in the late 90’s early ‘00’s but way past its useful life.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 18, 2022 at 12:32 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old May 18, 2022, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
Gut, full remodel, reopen as a smaller new concept UC.
If they really wanted to make a statement, blow off the atrium roof at C74 and go tall with outdoor areas and views out past Manhattan.

David
Old May 22, 2022, 7:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by phkc070408

Just a note that EWR C74 was the least likely club to take one day passes due to the other C clubs being closed and now that the new club is open and C74 is closed I think that trend will only continue. I'm already reading reports here and on FB groups about severe crowding in the new lounge.
Old May 22, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Terminal A should accept them, and I would probably opt to use it there anyway. Much more relaxed vibe. Easily worth the bus ride to avoid the chaos of C74 Club
I took your advice and I think it was a good move. There wasn't much as far as snacks, but it was very calm and quiet in there. I had a few incoming phone calls and was afraid to take them. The two Phone Rooms were already occupied.
Old May 29, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
New United Club - Gate C123

Wanted to share my experience at the brand new United Club in EWR at gate C123

Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I thought there was a thread for Terminal A United Club specifically, but I couldn't seem to locate it.

First visit here in a while. They have a scaled down version of the Taco Bar here now, in addition to some pre-made sandwiches, soup, and some other usual items.

The beer taps have never been repaired, so only bottles available. Coors, Miller Light, and Angry Orchard cider available for free. Others for a charge.

Back to pouring Beefeaters as the house gin, so that's good. Not quite as snazzy as the new C club, but still a much more relaxed and quiet experience.

(Interestingly, Terminal A doesn't seem to be GoJet only. My Republic UAX flight is using it.)
elitefreak, narvik and 8MiHi like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:24 pm

I thought there was a thread for Terminal A United Club specifically, but I couldn't seem to locate it.

First visit here in a while. They have a scaled down version of the Taco Bar here now, in addition to some pre-made sandwiches, soup, and some other usual items.

The beer taps have never been repaired, so only bottles available. Coors, Miller Light, and Angry Orchard cider available for free. Others for a charge.

Back to pouring Beefeaters as the house gin, so that's good. Not quite as snazzy as the new C club, but still a much more relaxed and quiet experience.

(Interestingly, Terminal A doesn't seem to be GoJet only. My Republic UAX flight is using it.)
Generally concur with this assessment as I sit here this evening. A couple of curious things. The window tables at the bar level are full, but not full on the lower level. I asked the attendant if the shades could be raised so that I had a view. The staff person, very nicely, told me that those shades had to be closed at 4 PM. She even offered to watch for a window seat for me at the bar level. Interesting.

Also, there is a Port Authority police officer standing by near the entrance (inside the Club). I saw him eating something, so I thought maybe UA allowed snacks for the officers, but he is still here standing near the inside entrance. Something unique to this Club?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lamphs
Generally concur with this assessment as I sit here this evening. A couple of curious things. The window tables at the bar level are full, but not full on the lower level. I asked the attendant if the shades could be raised so that I had a view. The staff person, very nicely, told me that those shades had to be closed at 4 PM. She even offered to watch for a window seat for me at the bar level. Interesting.

Also, there is a Port Authority police officer standing by near the entrance (inside the Club). I saw him eating something, so I thought maybe UA allowed snacks for the officers, but he is still here standing near the inside entrance. Something unique to this Club?
Interesting. Never seen any law enforcement in the club.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Interesting. Never seen any law enforcement in the club.
Them cheese cubes need protecting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.