Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
I’m flying out of C138 tomorrow - but will have some time to kill at the airport. How far roughly is the walk from the C74 club to the gate? It’s tough to tell from the airport maps.
It's about as far a walk as you can make in Newark C terminal. haha.

As always, depends on walking speed. 15 minutes is average, I would think.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
I’m flying out of C138 tomorrow - but will have some time to kill at the airport. How far roughly is the walk from the C74 club to the gate? It’s tough to tell from the airport maps.

Edit to add: I do have access to the Terminal B International clubs w/ my Amex Platinum - is it worth just going over there instead?
The value of walking to the C74 club depends on what you want to do. Lots of time to kill and want comp drinks? Sure, worth the walk. Want edible food and don't care to spend a little for it? Just go to one of the restaurants. EWR has free wifi throughout the terminal, so you don't need the club for it.

No, it's absolutely not worth leaving security to go to Term B.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold

Edit to add: I do have access to the Terminal B International clubs w/ my Amex Platinum - is it worth just going over there instead?
Distance from C74 to/from C138? Depends on your walking pace? 5-10 minutes, or less, or more.

What lounge in Terminal B is affiliated with AMEX? Do you mean Priority Pass?

Art & Lounge? Closed. Also terrible lounge anyway, not only was it located pre-security, actually worse than UC at C74, a difficult task to accomplish.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Distance from C74 to/from C138? Depends on your walking pace? 5-10 minutes, or less, or more. ....
At roughly 1/2 miles (2,400+ feet per google maps), 5 mins is not ready walking and 10 minutes is closer to a light jogging pace. 15+ minutes would be would be more realistic for most adults. And generally I find the corridors of EWR congested, slowing the pace. Especially around where TSA exits and around some of the OTG flow restricting facilities
8MiHi likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
At roughly 1/2 miles (2,400+ feet per google maps), 5 mins is not ready walking and 10 minutes is closer to a light jogging pace. 15+ minutes would be would be more realistic for most adults. And generally I find the corridors of EWR congested, slowing the pace. Especially around where TSA exits and around some of the OTG flow restricting facilities
Some of us walk fast, okay? I have done C74 to C130s in 5 minutes multiple times, and that includes getting down the stairs from UC. I'll amend to 5-15 minutes, with the usual disclaimer more, or less.

I have gone from Pre Security to C120 in less than 1 minute and half - I remember after getting through security, there was a little over a minute left from door closure...GA scanned my BP, followed me, and closed the door.
Xyzzy and threecap like this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Some of us walk fast, okay? I have done C74 to C130s in 5 minutes multiple times, and that includes getting down the stairs from UC. I'll amend to 5-15 minutes, with the usual disclaimer more, or less.

I have gone from Pre Security to C120 in less than 1 minute and half - I remember after getting through security, there was a little over a minute left from door closure...GA scanned my BP, followed me, and closed the door.
You is nuts.

David
dogloverjb likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:40 am

Look, I don't want to get in the weeds here, but I'm confused by your math. Average walking speed is 3mph. That equates to a 20minute walking mile. I walk slightly faster (4mph) and pretty much hit a 15min mile/walk. So if we're at a half mile - average walker would do it in around 10minutes and a slightly faster walker would be in the 7-8minute range.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:04 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Look, I don't want to get in the weeds here, but I'm confused by your math. Average walking speed is 3mph. That equates to a 20minute walking mile. I walk slightly faster (4mph) and pretty much hit a 15min mile/walk. So if we're at a half mile - average walker would do it in around 10minutes and a slightly faster walker would be in the 7-8minute range.
While those speeds are possible for a fit, active individual, that would be in an unobstructed environment. As mentioned, the hallways of EWR are many times very congested, hence the suggestion that walking from the C74 UC to the high 130 gates (138 in the posted case), 10-15 minutes is a more realistic as advice to provide to another poster (of unknown capabilities).
SPN Lifer, m.y and 8MiHi like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I was at the Terminal A club yesterday afternoon. As always, an oasis of calm compared to Terminal C nuttiness.

But kind of amazed they had absolutely no beer of any kind. No draft, no bottles. Free or for a charge. Just nothing.
Their draft system is totally down (leak of some kind?), but to not have any bottles is just laziness.
Also no Bloody Mary mix, but the Frat House gin is still there.

Their new contractor is needs to get their crap together.

I haven't formally complained at all during the COVID era, but fired off a complaint to 1K voice last night. Tired of Newark not even trying...
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by goodeats21

I haven't formally complained at all during the COVID era, but fired off a complaint to 1K voice last night. Tired of Newark not even trying...
It is EWR!!! United Club needs to borrow some workers from the inter-terminal shuttle service. 😂
I also fired off a complaint to 1K Voices about flight delay about two weeks ago. No reply so far.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
While those speeds are possible for a fit, active individual, that would be in an unobstructed environment. As mentioned, the hallways of EWR are many times very congested, hence the suggestion that walking from the C74 UC to the high 130 gates (138 in the posted case), 10-15 minutes is a more realistic as advice to provide to another poster (of unknown capabilities).
I would never assume a quick walk past the TSA checkpoints.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried it again today: left UC at 402pm and got to C128 at 408pm

Getting old...
manstein58 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: *
15+ minutes would be would be more realistic for most adults.
15+ minutes I think would be a rather leisurely stroll for most adults...I would imagine most healthy adults, who do not stop enroute, would get to the gate in below 15 mins.
SPN Lifer and Xyzzy like this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Sad state off affairs when I use the public restroom before going into C74 club. Can’t wait for the new megaclub to open so they can steamroll C74.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
C74 will still be needed. If they were to open up the walls and use space currently used for offices (the old PC TV room) and storage (the old PC meeting rooms) and take some of the secondary entry and turn it into the kind of bathroom configuration we see at the SFO F concourse UC, then there would be a nice increase in seating as demand would actually go down when the C124 club opens.
The primary issues with C74 are over-utilization, food service in a crowded spot and poor bathroom space. I hope they deal with these once the new club opens but history suggests I should not count on it.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.