Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've done this before but really the burden should not be on others to enforce basic rules of civilized conduct. Additionally, with the general decline in civilized behavior, the possibility of an aggressively rude reaction has risen considerably.
I gave up completely on trying to police other people's courtesy in public travel-related spaces after someone in the Metro-North New Haven Line quiet car threatened to kill me when I asked him to lower his voice on his cell phone call. It's just not worth it & my current expectations are rock bottom.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Hyatt Something-ist, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
Currently at the C74 Club. Crowded and dirty. Definitely no wipe down of tables between customers.
is there any food here other than the Polaris carb bag?
Ha! We were there at the same time. It was awful.

The hot microwave-style burritos and sauce packets looked like plausible food, but I was still full from my hamburger brioche pocket thing on my incoming. The bar was out of at least half of the premium wines (all the good ones), which is shocking. Everything was super-crowded and dirty.

They can't re-open the PL soon enough! Putting incoming Polaris passengers there is embarrassing; just going though the harassment of EWR TSA ("walk faster people! what the hell you doin'?") is already punishment.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by JeredF

The hot microwave-style burritos and sauce packets looked like plausible food, but I was still full from my hamburger brioche pocket thing on my incoming. The bar was out of at least half of the premium wines (all the good ones), which is shocking. Everything was super-crowded and dirty.

They can't re-open the PL soon enough! Putting incoming Polaris passengers there is embarrassing; just going though the harassment of EWR TSA ("walk faster people! what the hell you doin'?") is already punishment.
Ah - since fewer people are flying, we've been told that UA is justified in offering a worser experience. The je ne sais quoi of EWR's lounges and clubs.

David
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:10 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond

The hot microwave-style burritos and sauce packets looked like plausible food, but I was still full from my hamburger brioche pocket thing on my incoming.
I would save your time and skip the burritos. They are disgusting (gas station quality) and so bad for you. IIRC they are like 500 calories each. I'm sure they're packed with ungodly amounts of sodium too.

just going though the harassment of EWR TSA ("walk faster people! what the hell you doin'?") is already punishment.
Welcome to New Jersey
SPN Lifer and JeredF like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
N. I've seen it at other clubs too. It's just plain rude. Such behaviour is completely unacceptable. I politely ask such people to stop - and to use headphones. I interrupt their conversations if I have to. If they refuse, I tell the staff. Others need to do the same.
Have you been to the lounge lately (particularly EWR)? It's often completely full and completely loud - there is no peace and quiet in this lounge - it's less noisy outside so someone talking on their phone won't make a difference.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere

In the morning, they lay out this inedible microwaved biscuit with cheese?/egg? in a plastic wrapper. It is all melted into this oozy toxic cholesterol bomb that people actually consume. Sadistic.Who thinks that these things are appetizing or even remotely good for you?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by manstein58
In the morning, they lay out this inedible microwaved biscuit with cheese?/egg? in a plastic wrapper. It is all melted into this oozy toxic cholesterol bomb that people actually consume. Sadistic.Who thinks that these things are appetizing or even remotely good for you?
Ever see the line at the McDonald's drive-thru in the morning? There is a huge (literally) market for this stuff.
manstein58 likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
The hot sauce packs they put out with the burritos are surprising. They are really big, and have a much bigger kick then I expected...in a good way.

But agree the burritos are not very good. No desire to try them again.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Just saw this nugget on the Amex forum - Amex might be putting an 18,000 sq ft Centurion lounge at Terminal A in 2022.

Report: Centurion Lounge @ EWR - 2022 - FlyerTalk Forums
Oh no, not 18,000.

50,000 square feet!

https://www.nj.com/news/2021/09/coul...y-airport.html

$121 million dollar investment. WOW.
elitefreak likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Oh no, not 18,000.

50,000 square feet!

Chairman's Centurion Lounge.

David
Old Sep 30, 2021, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Oh no, not 18,000.

50,000 square feet!

The entire structure is 50k square feet, but the Centurion Lounge will be 18k. The rest of it will be leasable by the PANYNJ, so we might see another lounge in the building, too.

Even at 18,000sf, it will be the largest Centurion Lounge in the network. By comparison, the JFK CL is 15k square feet, SFO 8k (increasing to 15k) and DFW 13k. All of which can get pretty crowded, so this additional space will be welcome.
SPN Lifer and wxguy like this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764
Even at 18,000sf, it will be the largest Centurion Lounge in the network. By comparison, the JFK CL is 15k square feet, SFO 8k (increasing to 15k) and DFW 13k. All of which can get pretty crowded, so this additional space will be welcome.
I had not heard they were expanding the SFO CL, where are they moving it to? Are they expanding the current space? Great to hear.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
FWIW, the C74 UC was blissfully uncrowded from noon through 2 p.m. (when I had to leave for a connection out of the A terminal... that then departed an hour late). No line to get in or check in, and plenty of seats open the whole time. Food options, however, were not all that: a dry farro salad, two kinds of miniaturized wraps a bit below what you'd get on a platter from Costco, veggie burritos, a somewhat watery beef stew.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by nomad420
I had not heard they were expanding the SFO CL, where are they moving it to? Are they expanding the current space? Great to hear.
Yes, it was announced a few months ago. At the time the target opening was late 2022, so we’ll see what happens. But the expansion is certainly welcome.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by DCA writer
FWIW, the C74 UC was blissfully uncrowded from noon through 2 p.m. (when I had to leave for a connection out of the A terminal... that then departed an hour late). No line to get in or check in, and plenty of seats open the whole time. Food options, however, were not all that: a dry farro salad, two kinds of miniaturized wraps a bit below what you'd get on a platter from Costco, veggie burritos, a somewhat watery beef stew.
Beef stew soup, hence the "watery" nature. I thought it was tasty.
SPN Lifer and unitedbusiness like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.