Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Opening18 May 2022?

Print Wikipost

Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I recently took pictures of the construction from the internatinal arrivals level. These pictures are from near gates C128 and C134:
From near C128:

From near C134:

Last edited by Xyzzy; Feb 10, 2019 at 2:57 pm Reason: Fixed gate numbers
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Hope they make it BIG.
They need the space to make people want to buy memberships by whatever means they wish (cash, miles or CC fees).
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Just wait - it won't have bathrooms....

David
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by DELee
Just wait - it won't have bathrooms....

David
That would be tough upstairs. I would be very surprised if they did not put in restrooms.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
That would be tough upstairs. I would be very surprised if they did not put in restrooms.
I was told a reason that space was chosen was because of easy access to plumbing -- the kitchen for food outlets directly below.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
There was, many moons ag, an international in-transit lounge up there (it never opened). I'm sure there is plumbing for the bathroom appliances that would have been required for that.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lightbulb

I passed by the new EWR-C3 club cnstruction again this afternoon. I again took a few pictures. There is pretty much no discernible difference from my last pictures:

Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I passed by the new EWR-C3 club cnstruction again this afternoon. I again took a few pictures. There is pretty much no discernible difference from my last pictures:
img
img
That's what it looked like in the summer, even!

Last edited by fumje; Feb 10, 2019 at 8:58 pm Reason: trim quoted images
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member

Are we positive that this is going to be a UC? It doesn't seem like anything is going on . . .
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by elitefreak
Are we positive that this is going to be a UC? It doesn't seem like anything is going on . . .
Maybe they are waiting for permits?
Any day now, any day...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
Maybe they are waiting for permits?
Any day now, any day...
Terminal A refurbish was reasonably quick, but that terminal is in Elizabeth, NJ, while Terminals B&C are in Newark. Maybe the permitting processes is worse for Newark?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
Thanks for the pics @Xyzzy

Any idea that when/if the 2nd UC is opened, the pop-up lounges will go away? They were surprisingly good in both quietness and the view...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We don't know for sure where the new terminal C club will be but I do know that UA was talking about using the space pictured above. Since I heard that from UA the construction seen in the photos took place. What exactly will be going there remains t be seen. But I'd put money on it being a UA club.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by MrGood
Thanks for the pics @Xyzzy

Any idea that when/if the 2nd UC is opened, the pop-up lounges will go away? They were surprisingly good in both quietness and the view...
I would not expect both of them to go away once the new club is opened. They may leave them in place and use them for peak demand periods, similar to how the C92 club is used now (only opens at 12:30 pm).
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:41 pm

We don't know for sure where the new terminal C club will be but I do know that UA was talking about using the space pictured above. Since I heard that from UA the construction seen in the photos took place. What exactly will be going there remains t be seen. But I'd put money on it being a UA club.
I am pretty sure we know where it will be. We just don't know when it will be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.