Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by Eadward
While good news in the long run, that is far too long dealing with this patchwork of inadequate popup clubs. This was entirely foreseable that taking one of the 2 main terminal C UC's and turning it into a Polaris lounge would cause a reduction in UC service. Really poor service and planning.
March? How about starting months ago? What a joke.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
I've tried the C124 pop-up lounge and found it to be kind of a shock compared to the regular lounges, but overall acceptable. Nice views too, and IMO quieter than the original UC at C74. And since the pop-up lounges have pre-packaged snacks, I grabbed a couple things to enjoy later.

Seeing how long it takes for them to build/refresh anything, completing C138 will take longer than anyone has patience for. Plus, building at C138 is mind-boggling since it's in outer-Mongolia far away from everything.

Edit: to answer the OP's question, the UC at terminal A is IMO the best UC at EWR. It's an absolute joy to visit, and I wish all UC's were like that one. It's a lot smaller but almost never overcrowded, food/bev is the same, and basically everything else is better than at C74: view, ambiance, even the bathrooms. Anyway, if you have time, it's definitely worth taking the post-security C-A shuttle at C71 (and if you can take the C to B shuttle to visit the Lufthansa or SAS lounges in terminal B yet aren't in the mood to be punished for using them by EWR not providing a B to C shuttle, being kicked out of security in B, and having to re-enter all over again in C--but I digress).

Last edited by DBam; Dec 19, 2018 at 10:16 am
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Considering finding a pass to get into the UC club in EWR before my trip to MCO on 2/13 around 9:30am. I am travelling alone with a 6 month old and am looking for a good place to hang with him and let him stretch before our long-ish flight. How family friendly are the UC clubs at EWR? Is it worth it to hang in a club vs finding somewhere near the gate?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: UA/CO GS, PP, MM
Originally Posted by EAlyse
Considering finding a pass to get into the UC club in EWR before my trip to MCO on 2/13 around 9:30am. I am travelling alone with a 6 month old and am looking for a good place to hang with him and let him stretch before our long-ish flight. How family friendly are the UC clubs at EWR? Is it worth it to hang in a club vs finding somewhere near the gate?
Passes are often not honored due to overcrowding due to the lounge situation.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:38 am

Unless you can find the pass for ~$20 I'd say it's not worth it. The food offering is very limited, especially after breakfast time and aside from some slightly nicer seating areas and a private restroom there isn't much to write home about. Since you'll be there around breakfast time here's what you can expect if I recall correctly:
  • Fruit Salad (i.e. cantaloupe, berries, etc.)
  • Coffee
  • Granola
  • Yogurt
  • Hard Boiled Eggs
  • Toast
  • Assorted Pastries
  • Toast
  • Cereal
  • Juice (Orange,Apple, etc.)
If you do manage to find a good deal on a pass, your best bet would be the one near gate C70 in Terminal C. If departing from Terminal A there's only one UC there which can be found immediately after security. Avoid the pop-up UC around Gate C120 at all costs since there's not much there than light snacks.

Safe Travels,

James
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Definitely not worth it and as others said, you probably won't get in with a pass anyways due lack of space in pop-ups. The UC that is now Polaris used to have a family room that was rarely occupied and somewhat private.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Plat, Former United GS, Delta Plat
Do all United clubs suck now?

I was through EWR last week and went to the "Polaris" club (the old United club with the showers at EWR). You can put lipstick on a pig.... I did stop by the other actual United Club. If you thought they both used to be crowded, you should see it now that UC members can't get into Polaris! The UC at gate 74 looked like a bad pick me up bar from the 80's. Even the bathroom was PACKED! There were fewer people at the gate. Needless to say, I went down to concourse B. The clubs I have access to down there are MUCH nicer. I did get an invite to the "invitation only" United "Classified" and even that was less than I expected. It's good to be out of the US domestic service metal.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:03 pm

Programs: NEXUS, MileagePlus Silver, Frontier Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by El Comandante
I was through EWR last week and went to the "Polaris" club (the old United club with the showers at EWR). You can put lipstick on a pig.... I did stop by the other actual United Club. If you thought they both used to be crowded, you should see it now that UC members can't get into Polaris! The UC at gate 74 looked like a bad pick me up bar from the 80's. Even the bathroom was PACKED! There were fewer people at the gate. Needless to say, I went down to concourse B. The clubs I have access to down there are MUCH nicer. I did get an invite to the "invitation only" United "Classified" and even that was less than I expected. It's good to be out of the US domestic service metal.
That's precisely why I only go to the club in the A terminal. It's actually decent and not typically overcrowded.
Also, welcome to FT!

Last edited by trmbn65; Jan 23, 2019 at 6:03 pm Reason: added welcome to FT
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
The President's Clubs that Continental ran were great havens for families, often with rooms available for them. The UC's of today have simply gotten too busy and most of the family rooms are gone.
I can't see taking a baby to the C124 pop-up (no restrooms!) and the C74 club is usually close to full with inadequate restrooms. The UC at MCO, however, may actually be ok and worth considering.
Most of the MCO flights I have taken in recent years have gone out of gates near the C124 club and far away from the C74 club. I have never taken a Florida flight from the A terminal, but that club is the best of the lot.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
The President's Clubs that Continental ran were great havens for families, often with rooms available for them. The UC's of today have simply gotten too busy and most of the family rooms are gone.
I can't see taking a baby to the C124 pop-up (no restrooms!) and the C74 club is usually close to full with inadequate restrooms. The UC at MCO, however, may actually be ok and worth considering.
MCO has a nice club, with a friendly staff, more restroom space than its much larger EWR counterparts, and a family room!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:06 pm
Suspended

What’s the ETA on UA breaking ground on the new club in terminal C? Let me guess likely around 2025?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
What’s the ETA on UA breaking ground on the new club in terminal C? Let me guess likely around 2025?
Construction is already underway...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:07 am

Regardless of when it opens, one thing is for sure: there will be no showers
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Where r they going to put the new UC in terminal C?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Where r they going to put the new UC in terminal C?
In the High C terminal area, on the 2nd floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.