Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
EWR United Club Status as of November 2021
Terminal A - A2 concourse
C1 - Near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - no hot food
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - permanently closed due to new club construction, Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2018, 6:35 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Gold
I guess the easiest thing would be to go into the lounge terminal then shuttle to your flight terminal.
Old May 19, 2018, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Twice in the past week I've been denied the shuttle without a boarding pass for another terminal (tried once for B, and once for A)

I've had nothing but success up until this point.
I'd tell them the UA club is full and that they sent you ver!
Old May 20, 2018, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
My understanding is that a new UC will be built above the restaurants at the end of the C3 pier. That is at/near where the never used TWV lounge was built at the time the C3 pier was built. There has been construction in that area of late which may be related to a new club.
where exactly was the TWOV area supposed to be?
Old May 20, 2018, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Originally Posted by jp12687

where exactly was the TWOV area supposed to be?
The area is on the international arrivals level (above the restaurants and shops) acrss the walkway from about where internationally-arriving gate C139 passengers exit.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
The area is on the international arrivals level (above the restaurants and shops) acrss the walkway from about where internationally-arriving gate C139 passengers exit.
interesting
any idea how Big square footage wise that area is?
Old May 20, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: None yet
Originally Posted by manstein58
I have not heard of any plans for new or remodeled Uncle Charlie at EWR. And my betting is that the Polaris Lounge will be an ill-mannered zoo
Why would you say so, since Polaris access rule is pretty strict?
Old May 20, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by moyang_mm
Why would you say so, since Polaris access rule is pretty strict?
because there will be many PAX connecting home from Europe and Asia at the same time many other PA are arriving for their outbound flights. There will be hundreds of PAX- many flying on miles or splurges- all expecting a big, brand new Perq. My bet is that the place will be packed to the gills
Old May 20, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I had a long chat with an agent at the C3 pop-up today. She said that when the P-Club opens in a few weeks, the current club will remain open. Another pop-up will be built this summer near gate 90. In planning, as suggested earlier in this thread, is a large, two-story permanent club at the end of the C3 concourse; construction will begin later this year and take about a year to complete. Sounds encouraging... we'll see!
Old May 20, 2018, 12:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by manstein58
because there will be many PAX connecting home from Europe and Asia at the same time many other PA are arriving for their outbound flights. There will be hundreds of PAX- many flying on miles or splurges- all expecting a big, brand new Perq. My bet is that the place will be packed to the gills …
It is a matter of sizing the lounge correctly, which UA missed for ORD originally but has corrected. And it appears SFO Polaris Lounge is most sized correctly -- although the lower floor could use more F&B options. It can be done, let's see if UA does it correctly for EWR.

And a functional Polaris Lounge should have a positive impact of the crowding of the other EWR's UCs.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: None yet
Originally Posted by wxguy
I had a long chat with an agent at the C3 pop-up today. She said that when the P-Club opens in a few weeks, the current club will remain open. Another pop-up will be built this summer near gate 90. In planning, as suggested earlier in this thread, is a large, two-story permanent club at the end of the C3 concourse; construction will begin later this year and take about a year to complete. Sounds encouraging... we'll see!
Interesting! Did she say with C90 pop-up opened, the current C74 club will be closed for renovation?
Old May 20, 2018, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jp12687

interesting
any idea how Big square footage wise that area is?
The TWOV area was not terribly large, perhaps 20x30 feet or so. I was never inside it so I don't know. It never actually opened. But there is certainly plenty of space for a club up there and I saw construction in the area not too long ag
Old May 21, 2018, 4:43 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
June 4th appears to be the plan.
Was told yesterday 1 June is the Grand Opening date for the Polaris lounge.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Was told yesterday 1 June is the Grand Opening date for the Polaris lounge.
That is the preview opening, access only for those with preview tickets. No access for others.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-june-1st.html
Still 25 morning slot tickets available
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, AAdvantage, Miles & More
Question

Hi All,
Any reports on whether the one-time pass restriction has been lifted in the C terminal UC's since the launch of the new Polaris lounge?

Thanks,
Mike
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
I've got several one time passes I want to use at EWR and the restrictions on using them seem to still be in place after the opening of the Polaris lounge. I've heard reports that people are sometimes denied access for boarding the shuttle at Terminal C in order to got to the Terminal A UC. Anyone have any experience with this? And if you have used the shuttle, what's the transit time from C to A?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.