Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA GS
Both the c74 and pop up clubs look open. But at capacity - for the first time, couldn’t even get into c74. (It’s one in one out). I could have waited but it’s bad enough finding a seat during normal busy periods. Went to the pop up instead - no Polaris premium drinks for me.

They really need to do something about the Polaris lounge.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by villox
....They really need to do something about the Polaris lounge.
More than a handful of intl business flyers are needed and that data does not look good for the near-term
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:28 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
More than a handful of intl business flyers are needed and that data does not look good for the near-term
I wonder if an interim solution would be to use the PL as an interim United Club: No premium services (big buffet, showers, etc.) but just UC amenities. At least there are chairs, lavatories, and a place for agents to help UC-eligible customers.
elitefreak, chavala and 8MiHi like this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by wxguy
I wonder if an interim solution would be to use the PL as an interim United Club: No premium services (big buffet, showers, etc.) but just UC amenities. At least there are chairs, lavatories, and a place for agents to help UC-eligible customers.
I like that idea. The PL is also more convenient for the C101-138 gates.
Kmxu and 8MiHi like this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
They wont open the existing A club and they limit the pop-up to only afternoon hours.

They don't care enough to try and improve the experience.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by wxguy
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I like that idea. The PL is also more convenient for the C101-138 gates.
Or perhaps only admit Premier Gold and above and *Gold. Leave the “unwashed” ones at regular UCs.

Edit: Looping up a section for Polaris passengers with better amenities should kill two birds with one stone.
elitefreak likes this.

Last edited by Kmxu; Sep 2, 2021 at 7:16 pm
Old Sep 3, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
At main EWR UC - completely full, with people standing. The back section is still closed off. Second picture is a peek behind the curtain. Didn't see anyone working in there - they could have opened part of it for some of the overflow crowd.

Behind the curtain
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
At main EWR UC - completely full, with people standing. The back section is still closed off. Second picture is a peek behind the curtain. Didn't see anyone working in there - they could have opened part of it for some of the overflow crowd.

Behind the curtain
I was there late morning today. Poor experience, as always. Pop up still closed until 3PM. Terminal A still not open.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I was there late morning today. Poor experience, as always. Pop up still closed until 3PM. Terminal A still not open.
And yet all of the UC posters in Terminal C proclaim the Terminal A Club to be open. It would be nice if they replaced those signs if they are not going to reopen that UC.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I am a "geek", and look at Polaris seat maps daily out of EWR, Outside of multiple LHR flights which are only one right now, almost all Polaris seats are full daily out of EWR. Does is make a differnece of they are on "business", or "Leisure", and what difference does it make, as long as they are buying Polaris tickets. I'm not understanding this.
cheltzel likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:51 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JerseyCityS
...Does is make a differnece of they are on "business", or "Leisure", and what difference does it make, as long as they are buying Polaris tickets. ....
Average ticket price?
are these $1,500 RT tickets or under $3K or preCOVID $4K/$5K and higher? And what is the flight frequency vs preCOVID?
How many are upgrades / awards / NRSA / ....
A full cabin is never a guarantee of strong revenues / profits.

Reports are, for the airline industry. international ticket prices (unfortunately not separate by cabin) are down 40-50% and the volume of tickets are down a similar 40-50%, so international revenues are down 60-70%

So such significantly lower revenues do not support the expense for a small group of passengers, yet. What that point is I don't know and all projections are leisure travel is going to cut back in September and business, once hoped to return in September, is probably still 2-3-4 months out if then.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Originally Posted by EWR764
There's a secure-side bus between C and A. Land at B, reclear security at C, spend some time in the lounge, and ~20 min before boarding out of A, get on the bus.

Keep in mind that lots of UAX flights are still using Terminal C. UA gave up a few gates at A-2 which are now being used by JetBlue.
So the airside C to A bus is running again?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by iplaybass
Yes, that's correct.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by st530
(I didn't ask as I only had about 20 minutes and just wanted a prosecco and EWR Club offers no premium bubbly.)
EWR had champagne when we were there in June and in July. Did that change? Did you ask?
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iplaybass
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, that's correct.
Yes, though not going as frequently, so plan plenty of time.

Another trip thru Terminal A for me today. At this point, can United update their info for the Terminal A club from "Temporarily Closed" to "We don't care about Newark passengers" ?
Guate87 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.