Best United Club at EWR?

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 26, 19, 2:46 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
As of August 2018:
United Club locations and lounges
United Club pop-up location. A new United ClubSM pop-up location is now open in Terminal C, near Gate C93. This location offers beer and wine, as well as light snack options.
One-time passes. We may not be able to accept or sell United ClubSM one-time passes at United Club locations in Terminal C during peak afternoon and evening travel times when these locations are at or near capacity. We will continue to accept one-time passes in our Terminal A United Club location, space permitting, as well as throughout the United Club network.
Additional United Club locations. We welcome travelers to our United Club locations in Terminal A and Terminal C. For travelers departing from Gates C70-115, we recommend the United Club location near Gate C74 or the United Club pop-up location near Gate C93. For travelers departing from Gates 120-138, we recommend our United Club pop-up location near Gate C124. Our pop-up locations offer beer and wine, as well as light snack options.

Alternative options. We anticipate these United Club locations may be full, particularly during peak afternoon and evening travel periods. For those traveling through New York/Newark during these peak periods, our OTG partners offer many dining options that you can explore instead if your schedule allows. United MileagePlus® Credit Cardmembers even enjoy a 20 percent discount.
Terminal A - A2 concourse -- one-time access passes may be accepted
Terminal C UCs (one-time access passes may be an issue at peak periods)
C1 - near gate C74, upper level.
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 - only serves beer, wine & limited pre-packaged snack
C3 - Pop-up location near C124 - only serves beer, wine & limited pre-packaged snack

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 29, 19, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by manstein58 View Post
NARVIK is dead on. If you have to, use the Uncle Charlie at A but-if you can- go for the dayroom at The Marriott
Cheers.
Of course, with 7 hours, it also might be worthwhile to consider a trip to some nearby off-airport site[s]. I hear even Newark and Elizabeth themselves have some attractions and have cleaned up their act.
(I wouldn't risk a visit to NYC personally, although technically doable.)

In any event, I'd rather not stay in the EWR airport for 7 hours!

Last edited by narvik; Dec 29, 19 at 12:33 pm
Old Dec 29, 19, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
Cheers.
Of course, with 7 hours, it also might be worthwhile to consider a trip to some nearby off-airport site[s]. I hear even Newark and Elizabeth themselves have some attractions and have cleaned up their act.
(I wouldn't risk a visit to NYC personally, although technically doable.)

In any event, I'd rather not stay in the EWR airport for 7 hours!
Go take an Uber here - you can thank me later.

https://www.fernandessteakhouse.com/
Old Dec 29, 19, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.6MM, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dmurphynj View Post
Go take an Uber here - you can thank me later.

https://www.fernandessteakhouse.com/

Nice!

Or Spanish Tavern: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ew_Jersey.html
dmurphynj likes this.
Old Dec 29, 19, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
My personal favorite ... https://tasteofportugalnj.com - try the Steak on a Stone.

Thanks - now I'm hungry! Maybe tonight is a trip to the Ironbound after all ....
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 30, 19, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Xephyr View Post
Have a ~7 hour layover in EWR flying United, arrival and departure both in C terminal. Have two free UC passes. Worth heading over to UC in A or take my chances in C74?
A little update: It looks like the flight is overbooked since they are asking for volunteers to take a later flight which reduce the layover from ~7 hours to ~3 hours. This also means we can sleep in a little since the original flight departs at 0615 while the new flight is at 1035. Should I put in a super unreasonable bid? Also, I went ahead and checked to see what available on the 1035 flight and it looks like there are only 5 first class seats left. Would that mean if we volunteer to take the 1035 flight we would get the first class seat or would they offer those seats to someone sitting in economy that has status?

Edit: NVM, just realized the date they are asking for is for 1-1 not 12-31.

Last edited by Xephyr; Dec 30, 19 at 9:03 am
Old Dec 30, 19, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Xephyr View Post
A little update: It looks like the flight is overbooked since they are asking for volunteers to take a later flight which reduce the layover from ~7 hours to ~3 hours. This also means we can sleep in a little since the original flight departs at 0615 while the new flight is at 1035. Should I put in a super unreasonable bid? Also, I went ahead and checked to see what available on the 1035 flight and it looks like there are only 5 first class seats left. Would that mean if we volunteer to take the 1035 flight we would get the first class seat or would they offer those seats to someone sitting in economy that has status?

Edit: NVM, just realized the date they are asking for is for 1-1 not 12-31.
unfortunate.

just FYI, unless you actually confirm the rebooking (phone call or app), you'll still have to get to the airport and see what happens at gate (whether you get volunteered or not). can't just sleep in
see phone call: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30002009-post336.html
Old Dec 30, 19, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by paperwastage View Post
unfortunate.

just FYI, unless you actually confirm the rebooking (phone call or app), you'll still have to get to the airport and see what happens at gate (whether you get volunteered or not). can't just sleep in
see phone call: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30002009-post336.html
Yep, the plan was getting there for the 615 flight and if I do win the bid, I would just head over to a PP lounge. But since it's 1-1 and not 12-31, it's a no go
Old Jan 9, 20, 8:45 pm

forgot to post this from my trip 2 months ago

per https://www.cokesolutions.com/conten...up-quality.pdf
syrup usually has a 1-3month bestby date after leaving factory, though its fine after that date

not enough people drink coke @ UC, or United's supplier didn't rotate stock enough?

https://i.imgur.com/d0WGdUS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/skTnxdT.jpg

Last edited by paperwastage; Jan 24, 20 at 7:01 pm
Old Jan 24, 20, 9:47 am

Programs: United 1K, 1.7MM
Does anyone know if the EWR UC Pop-up at C124 is still open?
Pop-up is no longer showing on the EWR map on the United website and not showing
showing in the list of clubs.
Old Jan 24, 20, 4:35 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million M; Delta Gold Medallion (2 mio +); American; Hyatt Platinum Passport, Omni Platinum
Agent told me it is closed. Told her club situation at EWR was atrocious. She (on phone in Chicago) suggested i walk over to the A Club. Told her not feasible and maybe impossible as Bus Ogres check BP’s for A Gates
Old Jan 25, 20, 5:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Agent told me it is closed. Told her club situation at EWR was atrocious. She (on phone in Chicago) suggested i walk over to the A Club. Told her not feasible and maybe impossible as Bus Ogres check BP’s for A Gates
Just FYI - The "Bus Ogres" haven't been checking boarding passes lately. If it is at all feasible for me to get over to A, I do it. EWR C terminal sucks in all regards.
manstein58 and AceReport like this.
Old Jan 25, 20, 10:24 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott Titanium (LT Plat), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by acr113 View Post
Does anyone know if the EWR UC Pop-up at C124 is still open?
Pop-up is no longer showing on the EWR map on the United website and not showing
showing in the list of clubs.
Has anyone been in the C93 Club since the C124 Pop-up closed? I realized it's not convenient from the C124 location, but you'd think they would have extended the hours. It's still showing only open from 2:30pm-7:30pm, leaving the main Club at C74 as the only UC in Terminal C open the full day (4:30am-10:30pm).

Last edited by tarheelnj; Jan 25, 20 at 10:31 am Reason: Added "in Terminal C" in last sentence.
Old Jan 25, 20, 10:40 am

Anyone know whether the terminal A club is still accepting one-time passes? When I last checked, the Terminal C club often was not -- at least in the afternoons/evenings -- but the club in Terminal A was.
Old Jan 25, 20, 11:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Chamor View Post
Anyone know whether the terminal A club is still accepting one-time passes? When I last checked, the Terminal C club often was not -- at least in the afternoons/evenings -- but the club in Terminal A was.
Terminal A routinely accepts Day Passes, though they would reserve the right to decline them if it was overly busy...but it doesn't seem to reach that state.
Old Jan 25, 20, 11:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
Just FYI - The "Bus Ogres" haven't been checking boarding passes lately. If it is at all feasible for me to get over to A, I do it. EWR C terminal sucks in all regards.
If Bus Ogres stop you, all you need to do is tell them you are going to the A Club. And then keep going.

David
elitefreak likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: