Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
EWR United Club Status as of October 2023

Terminal A - Upper level, near Gate A27, 5:00 a.m. - 9:15 p.m. daily
C1 - Near gate C74 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, no showers [reopened 11 Oct 2023]
C2 - Pop-up location near C93 (now closed)
C3 - Near gate C123 (upper level) - 5:00 a.m. 10:30 p.m. daily - hot food, shower suites

related threads: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? (C3)
United Polaris Lounge Open in Newark (EWR)

related thread: Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs?

Archive thread:Status of United Clubs at EWR {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Status of United Clubs at EWR (C74 reopened 11 Oct 2023)

Old Jul 25, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
For those traveling through EWR, has the pop up even relieved much crowding from the c74 lounge? Those pop-ups are sizable but only stocked with the bare minimums.
The 74 club was still packed to the gills around 3pm when I visited, before going to the 93 pop up when it opened. I spent about 30 minutes in there and was with maybe 20-25 others. That won't put much of a dent in the big lounge crowding but it's a good option if you know about it.

The food options are better than the last iteration (pre-COVID); basically, now everything is the same as the 74 club minus the hot bean/cheese burrito (pass). At the bar, it's just beer/wine/prosecco, no liquor. No bathrooms, either, but on the plus side, it has great ramp and runway views.

The pop-up in the C-3 concourse is gone, swallowed up by the new United Club construction, so don't expect that to reopen. I really wish they'd open something in C-2; even a pop-up would be worthwhile though I suspect it would get very crowded since there's no other viable option within walking distance.
flyingrohit likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by EWR764
The 74 club was still packed to the gills around 3pm when I visited, before going to the 93 pop up when it opened. I spent about 30 minutes in there and was with maybe 20-25 others. That won't put much of a dent in the big lounge crowding but it's a good option if you know about it.

The food options are better than the last iteration (pre-COVID); basically, now everything is the same as the 74 club minus the hot bean/cheese burrito (pass). At the bar, it's just beer/wine/prosecco, no liquor. No bathrooms, either, but on the plus side, it has great ramp and runway views.

The pop-up in the C-3 concourse is gone, swallowed up by the new United Club construction, so don't expect that to reopen. I really wish they'd open something in C-2; even a pop-up would be worthwhile though I suspect it would get very crowded since there's no other viable option within walking distance.
The popup in the C120 gates (if that's C-3) had amazing Manhattan views so if all they have less than the main one is just bean and cheese burrito id much rather go to a popup. But unfortunately like you said, I think its that one that closed for new club construction so hopefully that one opens soon
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: United 1k
United club EWR?

Hi FlyerTalk. I've got an important work call I'll likely have to take from the airport tomorrow (unless I change my flight). Wondering if anyone has recently visited either of the United clubs at EWR, and can provide any insight into how busy they are lately / how strong the WiFi is. Curious how covid closures may be affecting things. This would be around midday on a weekday. Thanks for any thoughts!
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dirigible
Hi FlyerTalk. I've got an important work call I'll likely have to take from the airport tomorrow (unless I change my flight). Wondering if anyone has recently visited either of the United clubs at EWR, and can provide any insight into how busy they are lately / how strong the WiFi is. Curious how covid closures may be affecting things. This would be around midday on a weekday. Thanks for any thoughts!
The wifi is fine. There aren't any great areas for taking calls in the club (no phone rooms). Best option would be the little cubicle things along the section sides, which I have made work before. It is still better than trying to have a call from the terminal. Noon is sort of a quiet period. The morning (8-10a) and afternoon (2-5p) banks are quite crowded.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Just go to Terminal B if you need some quite area for conference calls.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Dirigible
I was at the C74 club yesterday between 1500-1800 due to IRROPS and it wasn't crowded at all, perhaps half capacity. I think the best place for quiet are the carrels to the left after you pass the check-in desk or near the toilets opposite (i.e. all the way on the other side of the atrium) of the food area. WiFi was pretty fast.

Last edited by zombietooth; Jul 28, 2021 at 10:49 am
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:33 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Are the open EWR Clubs still exempt from entry using the Chase single-use passes? Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Are the open EWR Clubs still exempt from entry using the Chase single-use passes? Thanks.
I think it depends on how crwded they are. I was at EWR last week and there were no signs up at the C-74 club indicating those passes could not be used. At other times I have seen the signs.
SPN Lifer and FlyinHawaiian like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I think it depends on how crwded they are. I was at EWR last week and there were no signs up at the C-74 club indicating those passes could not be used. At other times I have seen the signs.
"You've just entered...The Twilight Zone..."

David
Xyzzy likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2021, 10:10 pm

My family of 4 is flying out of C138 at 6:30p tomorrow - looks to be the very end of one of the hammerheads and nowhere near the UC at C74.. Forget the overcrowding and mayhem - is it even physically worth it to lug the family down there for 90minutes or so? I’m not too familiar with C Terminal walking distances.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
My family of 4 is flying out of C138 at 6:30p tomorrow - looks to be the very end of one of the hammerheads and nowhere near the UC at C74.. Forget the overcrowding and mayhem - is it even physically worth it to lug the family down there for 90minutes or so? Im not too familiar with C Terminal walking distances.
It's a ways. Probably on the order of half a mile / 1 km one way. How old are the kids and how much luggage will you and they be lugging?

David
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:06 am

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
I would say no

My family of 4 is flying out of C138 at 6:30p tomorrow - looks to be the very end of one of the hammerheads and nowhere near the UC at C74.. Forget the overcrowding and mayhem - is it even physically worth it to lug the family down there for 90minutes or so? Im not too familiar with C Terminal walking distances.
The club is so crowded. You have to fight for a seat, and it will be hard to get seats together. I suggest you find a comfortable restaurant near your gate and hang out there.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
You might have difficulty getting 4 seats together but if you keep a watch you could snag them. I go if I have 30 minutes to spend there. Grab some snacks and a glass of wine and relax a little. Plan on 15 minutes to get to the gate.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
My family of 4 is flying out of C138 at 6:30p tomorrow - looks to be the very end of one of the hammerheads and nowhere near the UC at C74.. Forget the overcrowding and mayhem - is it even physically worth it to lug the family down there for 90minutes or so? I’m not too familiar with C Terminal walking distances.
The pop-up club by C92 may be open at the time you would be looking to stop in. You may find some room there or it might make the C74 club a bit more open. Choosing to walk that far with family is a function of luggage and everyone's tolerance for walking in crowds. I always allow about 15 minutes for that walk. YMMV
SPN Lifer and EWR764 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
So, looks like United is back to using their "A" gates for UAX operations. And of course, did not open the United Club in A.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.