FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   MileagePlus Dining - and the Merger (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1310150-mileageplus-dining-merger.html)

G2244 Feb 3, 2012 10:53 am

MileagePlus Dining - and the Merger

I have an existing MP Dining for Miles account. I called today to see how they were handling the merger and the use of the new CO style account numbers. They offered to put in a request to change from my MP# (old) to my future MP# (existing linked CO #). I did that and will see what happens. I am not sure how this will go but thought it was interesting that they made it sound like we needed to request this.

On a FTer note I asked what would happen if I signed up for the new offer from CO to join the dining program. They said I could, but that would create a duplicate account that would require merging later. Not sure if that means they would honor the new sign up bonus for CO or not but thought it might be of interest to some to try.

100countrygoal Feb 3, 2012 11:02 am

I expect the accounts will automatically convert at some point in the future and don't want to go through the trouble of contacting them to convert. . . United will obviously have activity (from a variety of sources) that will continue to hit the MP numbers well after they consolidate the MP & onepass numbers. Now, if the same people who came up with the Month of Miles promotion are involved, then all bets are off. . .

G2244 Feb 3, 2012 1:22 pm

Indeed. I got a reply back via email on my request:

As per United Airlines, your Frequent Flyer number will be automatically updated from … to … in the dining system on 03/02/2012. Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

sjefenole Mar 13, 2012 5:20 pm

It didn't update here.

demkr Mar 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I had some dining miles post yesterday but The # in the system has not changed

caseminole Mar 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by G2244 (Post 17946846)
Indeed. I got a reply back via email on my request:

As per United Airlines, your Frequent Flyer number will be automatically updated from … to … in the dining system on 03/02/2012. Should you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Can you let me know the phone number you called? I need to do same thing. Couldnt find a support # for that...

thx

kwildnj Mar 13, 2012 6:15 pm

I contacted MP Dining via e-mail, and asked them to convert my old MP# to new MP#. I got the reply below.

Honestly, calm down people, lets not see another company with 2 hours hold time. -- Things should update automatically in the coming weeks.

If nothing else, your dines will reflect on the MileagePlus Dining site, and should any issue arrise, there will be a record, where you can track your earning. The dining site is run by an outside company, who would ultimately be responsible for any mileage fulfillment.

Their reply appears below. I have left their phone number for any future reference. But please, there is no need to call!

Dear KWILDNJ,.........

Thank you for contacting us!

As of March 3, 2012 Continental’s Onepass and United’s Mileage Plus program officially merged. Your frequent flyer number will automatically change within the next few weeks on your dining account. There is no need for you to make any changes to your account. To earn dining rewards please continue to dine as usual.

Your Mileage Plus Dining member status and account preferences will remain the same. ..

If you would like to review your account, please contact Member Services at 1 800 555 5116 from 9am -10pm ET, Monday – Friday.

We look forward to rewarding you soon!

emcampbe Mar 13, 2012 6:21 pm

FyI...per a post in another thread, signed up for a "new" account through dining, and all of my transactions, CCs etc. appeared in the new account.