Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will I get premier exec standby treatment for star alliance award ticket?

Old Feb 1, 12, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President Circle

I am premier exec (CO Plat). I have a star alliance ticket on united metal for an upcoming trip. I had orphaned miles on a different star carrier and was able to use them for an award ticket.

It looks like my schedule has changed and I might want to take an earlier return flight on the same day. Typically star alliance reward tickets are a no change affair once you have started the trip.

As a prem exec I believe on revenue or united award tickets I would be entitled to fee waived same day standby for earlier flights.

Does anyone know the following:
1) - will they allow me to do it as prem exec if ticket is a star award from another carriers program?

2) - does the standby program work (if available) for biz/first or is it just for economy. Ticket is for transcon first.

Thanks! I appreciate your thoughts.
Old Feb 2, 12, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, Best West Gold, United Gold
Hello, I just wanted to check back and see how things were going? When is your return trip? Flight Numbers/Cities? Availability such as XF for your flight?
Old Feb 2, 12, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
You might be able to do so if you update your FF number on the award ticket to your CO/UA number. But it's a big YMMV.

At least if you do the above, you may get the SDC offers that CO offers at OLCI.
Old Feb 3, 12, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President Circle
Trip is in a few weeks so will let you guys know how it works out. I would break the ticket and change it now but the other flight is no longer available.

How easy is it to change the FF number on the ticket once ticketed? Where is the best place to do that?
Old Feb 3, 12, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ldsny View Post
Trip is in a few weeks so will let you guys know how it works out. I would break the ticket and change it now but the other flight is no longer available.

How easy is it to change the FF number on the ticket once ticketed? Where is the best place to do that?
On CO, it's under "traveler information".

On UA, it's all the way at the bottom of the reservation information.

I find it easier to change on CO, but I know that site better.

Search this Thread