Wiki Posts
Search

Bag Fees on Rebook?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Bag Fees on Rebook?

So, after myriad schedule changes, I've got legs coming up on Aeromexico and Alaska connecting from (Aeromexico) and to (Alaska) UA flights. The entire itin is in F, but the bag limits on those other airlines are less than what I'd get on UA.

For the AM flight, because it is domestic, I get 1 bag at 25kg (no first class on the tiny plane) and on AS, it's two bags. Given this is for our wedding/honeymoon, I'm expecting to have far more than 25kg (LCD) of gear per person.

Since my original itin was all UA/CO in F, will they refund any bag charges I incur?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Okay, im ultimately confused....

What was your itinerary?

And for the sense of clarity, list it like this:

XXX-YYY (CO-F) YYY-ZZZ (UA-F) ZZZ-XXX (CO-F)

What is your itinerary now?

Ditto on the format request

And who did you purchase your ticket from? And was it a paid ticket or reward?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
OK...

Purchased:
ORD-IAH (UA-F) IAH-ZIH (CO-F) ZIH-IAH (CO-F) IAH-ORD (UA-F)

3 changes later:
ORD-MEX(UA-F) MEX-ZIH (AM-Y) ZIH-LAX (AS-F) LAX-ORD (UA-F)

This was all on a paid ticked originally purchased on .bomb.

The first change dropped the IAH-ZIH leg due to service reduction.

The second change dropped the ZIH-IAH leg (45 days later, but obviously inevitable).

The third change changed the MEX-ZIH RT from Aeromar to Aeromexico and increased they layover.

The most recent change was a schedule change for the daily MEX-ORD flight from afternoon to early AM.

I'm waiting for the (again, inevitable) change of the ORD-MEX leg to late afternoon, which will eventually cause me to miss the Aeromexico connection.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by jcg20
OK...

Purchased:
ORD-IAH (UA-F) IAH-ZIH (CO-F) ZIH-IAH (CO-F) IAH-ORD (UA-F)

3 changes later:
ORD-MEX(UA-F) MEX-ZIH (AM-Y) ZIH-LAX (AS-F) LAX-ORD (UA-F)

This was all on a paid ticked originally purchased on .bomb.

The first change dropped the IAH-ZIH leg due to service reduction.

The second change dropped the ZIH-IAH leg (45 days later, but obviously inevitable).

The third change changed the MEX-ZIH RT from Aeromar to Aeromexico and increased they layover.

The most recent change was a schedule change for the daily MEX-ORD flight from afternoon to early AM.

I'm waiting for the (again, inevitable) change of the ORD-MEX leg to late afternoon, which will eventually cause me to miss the Aeromexico connection.
The way you have it listed here (ORD-MEX(UA-F) MEX-ZIH (AM-Y) ZIH-LAX (AS-F) LAX-ORD (UA-F)) your outbound will be governed by UA rules and inbound by AS rules (assuming that ZIH is your destination).
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
I have found the above to be true. No matter what your status on other airlines, who issued the ticket etc., The airline you check in with for your first leg governs the bag check rules and your status perks.
Even if global services on United and they issued the ticket, if you fly interisland in Hawaii on IslandAir where you have no status you pay for checked bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.