Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aacharya
The Fleet Status site is:

https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/

At the site, you can find information about the interior features, livery, etc., for every plane in United's fleet.

To determine which plane your flight will be on go to mobile.united.com and then click on flight status. Put in the flight number for your flight and just have it use today's date (occasionally it'll say flight not operated on this date in which case just choose one of the other 3 dates it lists). In the address bar you'll see something like this:

mobile.united.com/FlightStatus/FlightDetails?carrierCode=UA&flightNumber=1205&fli ghtDate=9%2F22%2F2013&origin=EWR&destination=SFO

Just change the flight date to match the day of your scheduled flight and then change the origin / destination if necessary. Once you do that look in the details tab under aircraft # and if they have assigned a plane it'll say something like #3506 and the type of plane. Once you know that go to the United Fleet website listed above and cross-reference the four digit number against the "aircraft" column under the appropriate aircraft type.

Keep in mind that things change as they get closer and sometimes either they won't have assigned an aircraft yet or it'll be assigned #0 if it's a few days away and they are anticipating aircraft movement (e.g. putting a new/converted p.s. plane entering into service).
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Fleet Updates

Old May 10, 2012, 4:04 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by cheltzel
What was your issue? Is the footwell cramped or at an awkward angle?
It's both, actually. I am 6' tall and wear size 10 shoes, so I'm not Sasquatch or anything but my feet were unable to fit comfortable in the narrow confines afforded by the lie-flat seat. This says nothing of the lack of padding in the "bed," the lack of storage space, and the ease with which everything falls out of said space.

RNE, musing, Were the designers aware that airplanes go up and gravity goes down?
Old May 10, 2012, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
What was your issue? Is the footwell cramped or at an awkward angle?
It's both, actually. I am 6' tall and wear size 10 shoes, so I'm not Sasquatch or anything but my feet were unable to fit comfortable in the narrow confines afforded by the lie-flat seat. This says nothing of the lack of padding in the "bed," the lack of storage space, and the ease with which everything falls out of said space.

RNE, musing, Were the designers aware that airplanes go up and gravity goes down?
How were your flight to Rome and back?
Old May 10, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by RNE

That doesn't sound promising. I am 6'3" and wear size 13EE shoes.
Old May 10, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
I've got an upcoming flight where the "Current Reservation" and "Seat Map" pages list the aircraft as an ERJ 135. However, the "Flight Status" page lists her as an ERJ 145 #125, so presumably N14125, an XR model.

Any way to know which aircraft it will actually be? Is this confusion due to the reintroduction of the 135s?

Last edited by ULMFlyer; May 10, 2012 at 5:29 pm
Old May 10, 2012, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ULMFlyer
I've got an upcoming flight where the "Current Reservation" and "Seat Map" pages lists the aircraft as an ERJ 135. However, the "Flight Status" page lists her as an ERJ 145 #125, so presumably N14125 an XR model.

Anyway to know which aircraft it will actually be? Is this confusion due to the reintroduction of the 135s?
I am not sure.... There is no way to confirm what it will be until you see the aircraft.

UPDATE: there have been ERJ aircraft number issues on united.com during the past few days

Last edited by UA767400; May 10, 2012 at 5:29 pm
Old May 11, 2012, 3:35 am
RNE

Originally Posted by UA767400
How were your flight to Rome and back?
That doesn't sound promising. I am 6'3" and wear size 13EE shoes.
Good luck. Not only will your feet be cramped, your height will make it difficult to bend your knees and stay in the narrow confines of the bed if you're a side sleeper.

Don't get me wrong, I was able to sleep very well. I arrived in Rome refreshed and ready to hit the cobblestone running! TSMRSRNE was not so well rested, complaining about difficulty sleeping on the "hard" bed. She jokingly opined that coach would be softer. I made a mental note to book her into Y and me into BF from now on! Ha!
Old May 11, 2012, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by andrewwm
On a 735, basically nothing once you've filed the paperwork. There's no in-seat power or IFE to mess with so it simply requires repitching the seats and can probably be done in an hour or two.
No rewiring for lights and vents?

I disagree. They will slow down dramatically for the summer schedule. Probably have one 764 in
So do you think they'll hit the November deadline to finish the 764s?

Originally Posted by RNE
Good luck. Not only will your feet be cramped, your height will make it difficult to bend your knees and stay in the narrow confines of the bed if you're a side sleeper.

Don't get me wrong, I was able to sleep very well. I arrived in Rome refreshed and ready to hit the cobblestone running! TSMRSRNE was not so well rested, complaining about difficulty sleeping on the "hard" bed. She jokingly opined that coach would be softer. I made a mental note to book her into Y and me into BF from now on! Ha!
I guess my shortness pays off, especially being a side sleeper. While I never found the BF seats hard, I did notice the new C seats on UA to be a bit more comfy, and the bed slightly longer. It felt narrower though than BF
Old May 11, 2012, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Originally Posted by andrewwm
On a 735, basically nothing once you've filed the paperwork. There's no in-seat power or IFE to mess with so it simply requires repitching the seats and can probably be done in an hour or two.
No rewiring for lights and vents?

I disagree. They will slow down dramatically for the summer schedule. Probably have one 764 in
So do you think they'll hit the November deadline to finish the 764s?

Originally Posted by RNE

I guess my shortness pays off, especially being a side sleeper. While I never found the BF seats hard, I did notice the new C seats on UA to be a bit more comfy, and the bed slightly longer. It felt narrower though than BF
There would be rewiring, but the 735 Econ plus should take less time as there is no E+

The deadline is December not November. I think they will, but it depends if they have any out during the summer.
Old May 11, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by joshwex90
The new C seats on the 772s are a bit too narrow for me. I still prefer them to Y or the old BarcaLounger seats. IMO, the seats are better (wider) on the other IPTE aircraft.
Old May 11, 2012, 9:16 am

Update

B737-900ER
3452/0452 delivered with out E+ all 737 deliveries after June 2012 will be delivered with E+ installed.

B737-500
3620/0620, 3647/0647 leaving the fleet. 3620/0620 going back to the lessor, 3647/0647 going to UTAir.
Old May 11, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Is there a way to track the aircraft orders and updates as they join the fleet?
Old May 11, 2012, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by tashi
I get my info internally and from other employees, however I believe the Boeing website will tell you what airlines have what aircraft ordered/delivered etc.
Old May 11, 2012, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tashi
Use the site in my signature... If you go to the aircraft pages it says which aircraft are in order.

There should be a big order coming from UA this year. It appears that is is for the Boeing 737 MAX.
Old May 11, 2012, 1:27 pm

Use the site in my signature... If you go to the aircraft pages it says which aircraft are in order.

There should be a big order coming from UA this year. It appears that is is for the Boeing 737 MAX.
Oops forgot about the fleet site as well lol
Old May 11, 2012, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28

Oops forgot about the fleet site as well lol
Lol! U forgot about the site u work on!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.