Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aacharya
The Fleet Status site is:

https://sites.google.com/site/unitedfleetsite/

At the site, you can find information about the interior features, livery, etc., for every plane in United's fleet.

To determine which plane your flight will be on go to mobile.united.com and then click on flight status. Put in the flight number for your flight and just have it use today's date (occasionally it'll say flight not operated on this date in which case just choose one of the other 3 dates it lists). In the address bar you'll see something like this:

mobile.united.com/FlightStatus/FlightDetails?carrierCode=UA&flightNumber=1205&fli ghtDate=9%2F22%2F2013&origin=EWR&destination=SFO

Just change the flight date to match the day of your scheduled flight and then change the origin / destination if necessary. Once you do that look in the details tab under aircraft # and if they have assigned a plane it'll say something like #3506 and the type of plane. Once you know that go to the United Fleet website listed above and cross-reference the four digit number against the "aircraft" column under the appropriate aircraft type.

Keep in mind that things change as they get closer and sometimes either they won't have assigned an aircraft yet or it'll be assigned #0 if it's a few days away and they are anticipating aircraft movement (e.g. putting a new/converted p.s. plane entering into service).
Print Wikipost

United Airlines Fleet Updates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
The 762s aren't that old. I flew one for the first time IAH-EZE last week in BF and while it didn't have the lay-flat beds I slept fine. Are they too small for intended routes? I was kind of surprised CO ordered them at the time as nobody had ordered the -200 for years until then.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by born sleepy
The 762s aren't that old. I flew one for the first time IAH-EZE last week in BF and while it didn't have the lay-flat beds I slept fine. Are they too small for intended routes? I was kind of surprised CO ordered them at the time as nobody had ordered the -200 for years until then.
I think they are not fuel efficient. They are not that old, but they are keeping them around until they get the 787. I am kind of surprised they are getting rid of them however.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Oil was about $11/barrel when CO ordered the 762s in 1998. No, I didn't miss a digit in that oil price.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Oil was about $11/barrel when CO ordered the 762s in 1998. No, I didn't miss a digit in that oil price.
Haha those were the good days! I am not sure that's why they are getting rid of the 762. It could be more capacity related. Either way five are going away this years- probably depending if UA Takes delivery of the 5 787s that are expected.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Silver
Originally Posted by UA767400
Haha those were the good days! I am not sure that's why they are getting rid of the 762. It could be more capacity related. Either way five are going away this years- probably depending if UA Takes delivery of the 5 787s that are expected.
CO's 762s have similar capacity to a 752: 170 passengers. However, being a widebody plane, it weighs nearly 140,000 lbs more than a 757, so you can see how the CASM (operating cost) of a 762 is ridiculously high. It was a plane designed for $15/barrel oil, not $140/barrel.

The 787s are not direct replacements for the 762s though; the 787s are much larger. The 762s will be replaced with the reconfigured 763s which are marginally larger but cost the same to operate as a 762, making them much more cost-effecient.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Gooooooood Evening FlyerTalk! It is UA767400 with your Sunday night update!

1 SkyWest CRJ has beenPainted, one skywest CRJ was found out not to been in the new livery, Aircraft 0645 (a 737-500) will exit or has exited, 3 737-800’s received E+, the new Boeing 737-900ER (0447) has been found with the new livery, date announced on Airbus interior modifications and aircraft 0505 (a boeing 737-800) in the new livery.

Have a great week, and I will post an update either Tuesday or Wednesday. In the mean time as always please keep comments, suggestions, and questions coming (I will continue to answer them as I collect more information for a new update). I am glad to hear that you guys are enjoying the thread! Thanks for the positive feedback!

UA767400

Originally Posted by boilerla
CO's 762s have similar capacity to a 752: 170 passengers. However, being a widebody plane, it weighs nearly 140,000 lbs more than a 757, so you can see how the CASM (operating cost) of a 762 is ridiculously high. It was a plane designed for $15/barrel oil, not $140/barrel.

The 787s are not direct replacements for the 762s though; the 787s are much larger. The 762s will be replaced with the reconfigured 763s which are marginally larger but cost the same to operate as a 762, making them much more cost-effecient.
Very true. The 762s are still in the fillet now as they were expecting the 787 already to be in service. In order to keep the expected capacity for this year it was necessary to keep the 762 plus they are waiting for the 763s that will be newly configured.

Last edited by UA767400; Feb 5, 2012 at 6:34 pm Reason: UPDATE #1 FLEET LIST!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
In the mean time as always please keep comments, suggestions, and questions coming.
Can you identify the CO 737s with the Boeing Sky Interior on your list?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! That's a great idea. I have been thinking about doing that.

I will add it to the main list next time I update it.
737-800 528-531
737-900 443-447
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
What do you mean by POST MERGER CONTINENTAL? There will be no Continental post-merger

Shouldn't the CO count be 346, not 347? And the IPTE total should be 104, not 105? May want to go through and check math on the listings since I see a few more errors.

Possible to break out 737-900s and 737-900 ERs?

Last edited by bmvaughn; Feb 5, 2012 at 11:38 pm
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
I'd also love to see this maintained in the wiki... it's probably easier to update, and it's definitely easier for (most) people to get the info from there... that said, thanks much to the OP for maintaining anything. ;-)
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:05 am
Original Poster

I am separating the CO and UA fleet to make it slightly easier to track, the wiki an a.net both do that so I thought it would be easier. Also as of now there is still a Co fleet and a Ua. Do you work for UA? I have fixed the errors.

737-900 401-412
737-900ER 413-447

Last edited by UA767400; Feb 6, 2012 at 3:40 pm
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:06 am
Original Poster

No problem, I am glad you like it.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Please let me know the errors and I wi fix them. I have checked this with a.net and their informations is correct as many work for Co/Ua
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Cuse44
Ahh, I do remember this now. On CO, I guess I have never checked out the airshow while watching a movie before. Well, hopefully they do change the software interface to model more of the UA interface. I can't imagine that would take that much effort to do, but I am far from an IT guy.
I'd like to see the Airshow changed to have the maps up the whole time, particularly having the "close-up" map displayed longer, to give you a chance to study where you are. The flight data should run along the bottom of the screen like during news shows. Some of the data (speed and altitude) aren't that important (and don't change dramatically) for most of the flight, whereas remaining flight duration is probably the most important data point to most people. Note that remaining flight time shows on the program selection screens.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I'd like to see the Airshow changed to have the maps up the whole time, particularly having the "close-up" map displayed longer, to give you a chance to study where you are. The flight data should run along the bottom of the screen like during news shows. Some of the data (speed and altitude) aren't that important (and don't change dramatically) for most of the flight, whereas remaining flight duration is probably the most important data point to most people. Note that remaining flight time shows on the program selection screens.
I'm completely blanking on who it was, though it might've been BA - they had the best airshow. It was completely interactive. You could play music while watching, choosing the music while in the airshow. You chose what to display - whether the map, or other info (outside temperature, speed, flight time, time to destination, time at origin, time at destination, time where you're located...) plus you could zoom in on the map and really play around with it. That's what I want to see!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.