Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preview site

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kwildnj
Do your "new" seat selections stick? They may stick within the preview site, but do they transfer over to your actual "live" reservation?
nope
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Mine is also showing incorrect info on the amount of miles flown ,segments, etc. It's actually showing 2011 data.

It's also attempting to charge me a co pay for upgrades..

Won't be accessing it again until the integration
Old Feb 10, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by palmetto86
Isn't this what was expected all along? I'm sure the IT integration teams have a lot more back end stuff to architect and merge right now. That's a much larger task than reworking the site. The CO site isn't great, but it's much better than the UA site, IMO.

We'll see a new site soon enough, that I bet reflects the look and feel of the Hub site they've been pushing.
+1.

http://hub.united.com/News/Web/Pages...nited.com.aspx

A phased approach
Initially, we’re focusing our efforts on the huge task of combining the two airline systems into one unified site. At first, united.com will resemble what you see currently when you visit continental.com. Later, we’ll be expanding our offerings and introducing new features and functionality to the website to further streamline your travel experience.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
One weird thing I saw when checking out the preview site is that it claims I had a schedule change on one of my itineraries, but when checked out on both the UA and CO sites, it doesn't show any changes at all. Need to be concerned?

Chris
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by love_to_travel
The preview site is meant as a test site right? ...
an internal test site -- not a test site for customers.

Originally Posted by demkr
Mine is also showing incorrect info on the amount of miles flown ,segments, etc. It's actually showing 2011 data.

It's also attempting to charge me a co pay for upgrades..

Won't be accessing it again until the integration
see above and numerous earlier postings on the data timing.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, SkyMiles, Rapid Rewards, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
One weird thing I saw when checking out the preview site is that it claims I had a schedule change on one of my itineraries, but when checked out on both the UA and CO sites, it doesn't show any changes at all. Need to be concerned?
Mine did too. A flight changed by 1 minute. While the CO and UA sites still show the old time, other websites are showing the new time for my flight, so I think either mine's right or other external systems are able to view the new data as well while it's being tested.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:28 pm

For those tracking spend...the new website also seems to break out the taxes from the total fare. Nice when considering qualifying for GS
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
Sorry to be such a dummy, but how do I get to the preview site? Is there a link?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by psfcfa
Sorry to be such a dummy, but how do I get to the preview site? Is there a link?
in post # 4 -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post17973468

preview.united.com -- just remember this has not been released or annouced by UA for customer use.

appears to be nonfunctioning at the moment.

New name for preview site pss.united.com per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...3-4-5-cpm.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 10, 2012 at 9:08 pm Reason: new url for preview site
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Is the new frequent flyer number on the preview site our new number? It's not my continental or mileage plus number. Should we be giving this to our travel agents for post 3/3 travel?
The number that you should see should be your pmCO OP#, and if it's not I would be concerned that perhaps you didn't properly link your MP and OP accounts. If you are certain that you did, though, then just attribute it to the glitches that everyone is reporting from all over the new site.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
A seatmap for one of my ERJ145s shows EconomyPlus between row 2 and 9 - did I miss something?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
A seatmap for one of my ERJ145s shows EconomyPlus between row 2 and 9 - did I miss something?
bulkhead & exit rows
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by rankourabu
If what you're seeing is actually labelled "EconomyPlus" then I think this is another glitch on the production site equating "preferred seating" (only accessible by elites, but no different from any other seat on the plane except for forward proximity) with E+.

I like how there's now a big banner on the top to clearly tell everyone that transactions conducted on the site will not be honored.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, SkyMiles, Rapid Rewards, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by o mikros
I like how there's now a big banner on the top to clearly tell everyone that transactions conducted on the site will not be honored.
I'm kinda surprised it took them that long to add the banner to the site all things considered. At least they pay attention to FT.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by macbookguy
I'm kinda surprised it took them that long to add the banner to the site all things considered. At least they pay attention to FT.
I'm not entirely sure FT is the reason. If they put the site up for testing purposes and suddenly saw bookings running through the engine, or simply saw multiple logins from people who were not testers, they may have realized that the site URL got leaked and took action accordingly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.