Preview site

Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Appears that my data is now current on the preview site.
Now I've only got my OP RDM balance (700 miles) , and no SWUs or CR1s.. EQM/EQS are also missing.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
I just found a potential change from PMUA regarding non-*A partner award redemption, although it's probably interesting to only a fraction of folks.

At PMUA MP, each non-*A partner had its own award chart, which was often more expensive than the *A chart for the same region pairs. On the preview site, however, non-*A partner pages just refer to the generic *A chart. It is very possible that they haven't created all the new charts yet, but if this is true, I might be interested in redeeming miles for some of those partners (say QR).
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Upgrade Standby Priority

Looks like 1Ks and GSs aren't included on the Upgrade Standby List. Better hope that upgrade clears in advance...

How are upgrades prioritized?

Customers standing by for upgrades are prioritized based on several factors, such as paid premium cabin customers versus complimentary Premier upgrades. When not already confirmed in the premium cabin, customers on paid premium cabin tickets are given top upgrade priority.

On flights that are eligible for complimentary Premier upgrades, United MileagePlus Premier members will be awarded in the following priority:

Premier members with full-fare (Y class) tickets, in Premier tier order
Premier members with full-fare (B class) tickets, in Premier tier order
Premier Platinum members in all other fare classes, in fare class order
Companions of Premier Platinum members
Premier Gold members in all other fare classes, in fare class order
Companions of Premier Gold members
Premier Silver in all other fare classes, in fare class order

Premier Platinum and Premier Gold companion upgrades may only be requested within two hours of flight departure. If there are multiple customers having the same Premier status, the type of fare originally purchased will be used to determine priority. Specifically, the ranking of United's discounted fare classes from highest to lowest priority is: M, H, K, Q, U, V, G, W, E, S, T, N, and L class. In the event there are multiple customers with the same Premier status and fare class, the time of check-in will be the ultimate tie-breaker. For companions of Premier Platinum and Premier Gold members, the time the member was added to the upgrade standby list will be the determining factor.

Once all Premier upgrades have been processed, all remaining customers eligible for upgrades will be prioritized. Upgrades for qualified pass riders will be cleared after all eligible customers have been accommodated.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cuse44
Looks like 1Ks and GSs aren't included on the Upgrade Standby List. Better hope that upgrade clears in advance...
Everyone is Premier after 3/3:
Premier 1K
Premier Platinum
Premier Gold
Premier Silver

Not sure about GS (Whether that's called Premier GS or not).

Having said that, you're right -- the list starts at Platinum!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Cuse44
I'm pretty sure that one'e been noted before. Don't worry though, here's the whole deal on upgrades:

At the airport, GS, Y, (sorted by status, 1K-Silver), B (sorted by status, 1K-silver), M (1K only), paid upgrades (GPU/RPU, miles...; sorted by status, fare, and date of waitlist), 1K (sorted by fare), Plat (sorted by fare), Gold (sorted by fare), Silver (sorted by fare)
Originally Posted by UA Insider
  • New CPU clearance windows. CPUs will begin processing automatically starting at 120 hours for Global Services, 96 hours for Premier 1K, 72 hours for Premier Platinum, 48 hours for Premier Gold and on the day of departure for Premier Silver.

• New CPU hierarchy. Our CPU/airport standby upgrade hierarchy will be as follows:
    • Global Services
    • Y/B/M instant upgrades that weren’t confirmed in advance (sorted by fare class then premier tier)
    • Paid upgrades (i.e. GPUs, RPUs and mileage upgrades) sorted by status, fare class, and date of waitlist
    • All remaining premier customers by status, then fare class
  • Companion CPUs for all Premiers. Premiers at all levels will be able to extend their CPUs to one travel companion in the same reservation, including in the advance clearance window and with Y/B/M instant upgrades. This will happen automatically when the Premier reservation includes a single companion. In cases where there are more than two people in the reservation, or where the companion is in a separate reservation, the companion upgrade may be designated at the airport.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Silver
This is the hierarchy for complimentary upgrades, right? I am sorry if this has been discussed, but I am still uncertain on the hierarchy for other upgrades, like SWUs. Do Y/B still rank higher or does status come first?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by HSmartt
This is the hierarchy for complimentary upgrades, right? I am sorry if this has been discussed, but I am still uncertain on the hierarchy for other upgrades, like SWUs. Do Y/B still rank higher or does status come first?
There is no Instant YBM upgrades on non-CPU routes.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by HSmartt
If it's a CPU-eligible flight, then Y/B/M will trump SWUs. If it isn't CPU-eligible, then GPU/RPU/mileage+co-pay are sorted by status, then fare class, then date of waitlist.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:28 pm
21A

Haven't seen this posted yet.

The backs of the new cards have (in addition to the PMUA elite numbers):
http://united.com/premiervoice
which is broken, but
http://pss.united.com/premiervoice
goes to
http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...mierVoice.aspx
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Just saw this, and figured it wqs worth noting:

If you would like to book award travel immediately but your full mileage balance doesnt display

Proceed with selecting your award flights on united.com and during the booking process, choose to hold your itinerary for up to 72 hours for free with our FareLockSM service. For itineraries that include partner airlines, a free 24-hour hold will be offered. This service is a temporary offer during our account transition period.

Please note that youll have to return to united.com to complete your purchase once your miles are available.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:48 pm
21A

One more thing for the "least substantive" file:
https://pss.united.com/CMS/en-US/tra...rLocation.aspx
Some pictures of what the new boarding passes may look like. Looks like the online format is basically unchanged from PMCO but the kiosk format is tweaked a bit.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by 21A
Some pictures of what the new boarding passes may look like. Looks like the online format is basically unchanged from PMCO but the kiosk format is tweaked a bit.
I've been looking at the new boarding passes for awhile (as the changes can be seen on CO flights). Now that there is a comparison online, it looks ugly and cluttered as heck!

PMUA was clean and easy to read. PMCO looked pretty and nice with a bit more clutter but still readable and a bit more informative. The new boarding pass looks like a cluster #@$$!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 24 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by edcho
I've been looking at the new boarding passes for awhile (as the changes can be seen on CO flights). Now that there is a comparison online, it looks ugly and cluttered as heck!

PMUA was clean and easy to read. PMCO looked pretty and nice with a bit more clutter but still readable and a bit more informative. The new boarding pass looks like a cluster #@$$!
I hope those aren't the graphics they are planning to use for the post 3-March website - as they feature 005 ticket numbers and CO branded flight selections, neither of which will exist once this goes live.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by 21A
Funny that the "After 3/3" BP says CO Connection.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
I hope those aren't the graphics they are planning to use for the post 3-March website - as they feature 005 ticket numbers and CO branded flight selections, neither of which will exist once this goes live.
I think if you are looking at the ticket numbers that closely, then you probably already know the change in ticket stock numbers. . I think those graphics were geared to the UA n00bs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.