Question for United re: iAnything compatability

Old Jan 23, 12, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Silver and dropping...
Question for United re: iAnything compatability

I know .bomb gets made fun of but is this the way it's always going to be? The phone app won't let me check-in lately and their website doesn't seem to work on ipad or iphone (sometimes it will.. like 1 out of 10).

Maybe United can stop giving cookies away in F for 2 weeks and divert the money to fixing this issue? I could lose the sugar fix for a few weeks anyway.....

Although, I will say, CS is extremely nice at helping out evertime I need to call in and get availability/book tickets/check-in - due to .bomb/app not working - but I have to imagine that they would rather not have people call in for these types of things...

I've been off of here for a while... if this has been directly discussed lately - my apologies.

Last edited by HeIsAudiHereUnlessHesFlying; Jan 23, 12 at 9:56 am Reason: availability.. not prices
Old Jan 23, 12, 10:14 am

Programs: UA MM Gold
Hey, hey, don't mess with the cookies ....
Old Jan 23, 12, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
I haven't flown in the last few weeks, but I've been using the UA iPhone app since it was released (and its predecessor CO app since ITS launch) and I've never had any issues checking in. I can't say I've ever had issues with either site in Mobile Safari. Maybe there's an issue with your mobile data account...? Do you have issues receiving data from any other sites/apps?
Old Jan 23, 12, 3:50 pm

I hear people complain about the site and the app. I have yet to have any issues at all.
Old Jan 23, 12, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA - Silver and dropping...
Good to hear it's working for some. I'm on Verizon. The issue comes when searching for flights... just always pops up with error messages. Says I'm not filling in origin / destination - even when I am.
Old Jan 23, 12, 5:43 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Just to clarify, on the CO flight side, I've had trouble checking in only once.

On the UA side, there are several bugs, and it's increasingly getting frustrating to use it:

1. The on-and-off bug where sometimes the standbylist/upgrade list shows at T-24 and after, and sometimes not. It's happening more often.
2. Much slower response times in the last week, especially when checking flight status
3. Random app crashing. Not too often but still annoying
4. Correct RDM total not showing on the front page

This is only happening on the UA side. We have only about 5 weeks left of the PMUA systems, so they may figure that these things are not worth fixing

Search this Thread
Search Engine: