FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   End of VS/OnePass Partnership 2/13/12 -- Post-Agreement Change/Reticketing Issues (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1303974-end-vs-onepass-partnership-2-13-12-post-agreement-change-reticketing-issues.html)

as219 Jan 18, 2012 12:50 pm

End of VS/OnePass Partnership 2/13/12 -- Post-Agreement Change/Reticketing Issues

See here:

Effective February 13, 2012 we will discontinue our OnePass partnership with Virgin Atlantic. Mileage accrual benefits are valid for travel through February 13, 2012. Please refer to the Mileage Credit Request Form for information regarding obtaining missing mileage credit. OnePass reward reservations for travel on Virgin Atlantic must be confirmed and ticketed by February 13, 2012, and they are valid one year from the date ticketed.
I'm just glad I was able to snag some JFK-LHR C awards while I could. Per this thread, practically all US-UK inventory is already gone, but there are some ex-LHR awards to points east and south that are still possible. Grab em before they're gone!

climmy Jan 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Over the years I've enjoyed a few UC SFO-LHR on VS. too bad.

The writings' been on the wall for a while now tho. Certainly the biggest casualty is no longer being able to use the fantastic LHR Clubhouse. My wife always enjoyed that aspect. Actually, I've never even been in a UA or CO lounge at LHR!

Wouldn't even know where to find it. I guess I'll find out next month on an LHR stopover.

cesco.g Jan 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Totally expected, as VS is a strong competitor out LHR for UA. Actually surprised, it lasted that long after the merger announcement.

FriendlySkies Jan 18, 2012 1:25 pm

:td:

Another change we're supposed to like?

encierro98 Jan 18, 2012 1:32 pm

That stinks.

Anybody have any ideas on what might happen to award flights booked lets say next December in regards to changing or redepositing. Imagine it will be no different except that VS flights won't be an option anymore.

I guess this why I can't find any awards on any VS ex the states.

Passmethesickbag Jan 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by climmy (Post 17838943)

The writings' been on the wall for a while now tho. Certainly the biggest casualty is no longer being able to use the fantastic LHR Clubhouse. My wife always enjoyed that aspect. Actually, I've never even been in a UA or CO lounge at LHR!

Wouldn't even know where to find it. I guess I'll find out next month on an LHR stopover.

For a softer landing, lounge-wise, I would recommend trying CO first, so long as they're using the ST lounge in T4.

NYC2TheWorld Jan 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by encierro98 (Post 17839087)
That stinks.

Anybody have any ideas on what might happen to award flights booked lets say next December in regards to changing or redepositing. Imagine it will be no different except that VS flights won't be an option anymore.

I guess this why I can't find any awards on any VS ex the states.

I would imagine any changes after Feb 13 VS would no longer be an option. (even if you aren't changing the VS segment as from my understanding they have to reissue the whole ticket).

as219 Jan 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by NYC2TheWorld (Post 17840552)
I would imagine any changes after Feb 13 VS would no longer be an option. (even if you aren't changing the VS segment as from my understanding they have to reissue the whole ticket).

Right, but the language above says tickets "are valid one year from the date ticketed." Wouldn't that mean changes are possible so long as they aren't more than a year after the ticketing date?

weirdlyndon Jan 18, 2012 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by as219 (Post 17840588)
Right, but the language above says tickets "are valid one year from the date ticketed." Wouldn't that mean changes are possible so long as they aren't more than a year after the ticketing date?

Yes, but I'm sure any changes would mean flying a different airline. Not VS.

mherdeg Jan 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Oof, this creates a conundrum. We have revenue tickets booked in UA C (747 upper deck) and award tickets booked in VS UC (A346 forward cabin). Which to cancel?!

encierro98 Jan 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by NYC2TheWorld (Post 17840552)

I hope you are wrong regarding any change would require reissuing the ticket for all segments.

I did change up a domestic leg already and they didn't mention having to reissue the whole ticket. I guess I better be certain before any future change is made. Too bad I can't just call co and ask as I am sure I would get a number of different answers.

glx Jan 18, 2012 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by climmy (Post 17838943)

Yeah, oddly enough you use the OW lounge in T4, which is actually very nice.

RobOnLI Jan 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by glx (Post 17842243)
Yeah, oddly enough you use the OW lounge in T4, which is actually very nice.

It's the ST (SkyTeam) lounge in T4 that CO uses at LHR. Best lounge in the SkyTeam system IMHO.

-RM

nevansm Jan 19, 2012 7:53 am

Keep in mind all this says is things are over with OP. Everything is over with OP. for all we know UA could announce something starting march 3rd that is with MP.

as219 Jan 19, 2012 8:37 am

True, but it stands to reason the party will indeed be over.

PMCO and VS had mostly complementary route structures. Only ex-EWR did they compete head-to-head on flights to LHR. PMUA, however, competes with VS ex-ORD, LAX, SFO, and IAD. In other words, every hub except DEN.

I just don't see UACO sharing the wealth on UK flights...