Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

End of VS/OnePass Partnership 2/13/12 -- Post-Agreement Change/Reticketing Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of VS/OnePass Partnership 2/13/12 -- Post-Agreement Change/Reticketing Issues

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by as219
Listen, I'm glad to hear it. I'm just bummed I got the runaround back when there was some terrific LX/LH F inventory and I had to let it go in order to hold my VS segments.
I dealt with that when I called to rebook before 2/13. First call the agent said the chance to change was over (this was on 2/1). Hung up and the next agent said that she didn't see any VS space, despite CO.bomb showing it. Kept getting those lines until I found one agent who said there wasn't a problem with rebooking.(2/5)

I do have to wonder if the fact that a true 1K agent rebooked this is the reason it worked. Every CO rep I talked to was adamant about no changes. Fingers crossed that more LH/LX F space opens up!
Old Jul 12, 2012, 2:24 am

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Late last night, I had some questions on a different itin, so I rang the 1K Desk and got a true UA agent in Dearborn. She was extremely helpful with the reservation I gave her, so I decided to ask her about the VS reservation.

Basically, I'm flying VS to YVR, and then YVR-DEN the following day. When I booked (October), there was no saver F space on the morning A319, so I had them put me in Y, and set an EF alert for XF. Space never opened, so it looked like I would be staying in Y.

When I talked to the agent, we talked about the VS ticket, and I asked if it was possible to change the UA flight in my res to the next one with XF space (four hours later). She said that the computer wouldn't let her, so I got to listen to Rhapsody in Blue while she contacted the rates desk. They told her to contact a Service Director, who said the change was fine, and that my ticket would be sent to ticketing to be reissued.

As of 9am, I was still seeing the 005 ticket number, and the "please contact reservations" message in my itin. If I try to view a receipt, it shows me the old YVR-DEN. I'm guessing this is because it's not been reissued, and my departure isn't until June. I do have the VS PNR, so I may give them a call to make sure things look alright in their system.
How did this work out for you?
I have the same issue. Called two times. The last time I called, the agent said that they tried every possible thing, but they couldn't manage to reissue it. So they would send the ticket to some desk to issue it. And I should receive an eticket next week! 7 days later! I asked why it would take a week, and he said that it would take this long, but that it should be ok.

My flight is aug 6th. Is it any reality in that they will issue it next week, or should i just call back now until I get to speak with someone that can help me?

There was a schedule change, so I switched to another connecting flight to make it more convenient. VS flight is untouched. Original ticket on 005 number.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nick5000
How did this work out for you?
I have the same issue. Called two times. The last time I called, the agent said that they tried every possible thing, but they couldn't manage to reissue it. So they would send the ticket to some desk to issue it. And I should receive an eticket next week! 7 days later! I asked why it would take a week, and he said that it would take this long, but that it should be ok.

My flight is aug 6th. Is it any reality in that they will issue it next week, or should i just call back now until I get to speak with someone that can help me?

There was a schedule change, so I switched to another connecting flight to make it more convenient. VS flight is untouched. Original ticket on 005 number.
The reissue was successful, and I had no problems flying this ticket on VS & UX.

If you call back, I'd ask them to send it to the rates desk. Perhaps they can do the reissue, while keeping the VS segments.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
The reissue was successful, and I had no problems flying this ticket on VS & UX.

If you call back, I'd ask them to send it to the rates desk. Perhaps they can do the reissue, while keeping the VS segments.
Thanks,
I guess I'll wait until tuesday like he said then, maybe it was the rates desk they were sending this to to issue it.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:13 pm

Flew all VS segments successfully

UAFlyer, do you have independent confirmation from VS that you are good to go on the VS segments? Because as FriendlySkies says, and as I have been specifically told by several SDs, VS won't allow this. And remember, when you're dealing with partner space, it can take a couple of days for them to confirm. I hate to say it, but I'm skeptical this was done correctly. UACO agents no longer have the ability to see or touch VS inventory, so I find it hard to believe this reissue was done completely and correctly. I would be very, very careful with this if flying VS is important to you.

That said, please report back when you have 100% confirmation that this was actually done.
I called VS prior to my flights and asked them to confirm the ticket numbers, which was changed from 005 to 016 after couple changes and reissues. The agent said he couldn't really tell what the UA ticket numbers were, but that I should be good to go. I was a bit worried, but everything worked out well in the end. The boarding pass shows the new ticket numbers perfectly.

I had 3 VS segments in my itinerary, and Upper Class and the London Clubhouse beat anything I experience on UA/CO hands down. Really miss the end of the CO/VS partnership
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:58 am

Thanks,
I guess I'll wait until tuesday like he said then, maybe it was the rates desk they were sending this to to issue it.
called again today, after 8 days passed since I called last time. Waited for 20 minutes, then agent finally said that they put it in a queue to be issued, and it should be issued within 2-3 days.
So, guess I'm calling back in 3 days.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Also had no problems flying my combined VS and UA itinerary on 016 ticket stock.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:21 am

Finally! 4th time I called I met an agent that was able to ticket this, was only on hold for around 15 minutes! That's a new record for me calling United.

So relieved now, and happy that I managed to include C on SQ 77W into this itinerary!
PVG SIN HKG SYD SIN PVG on SQ and VS.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Finally! 4th time I called I met an agent that was able to ticket this, was only on hold for around 15 minutes! That's a new record for me calling United.

So relieved now, and happy that I managed to include C on SQ 77W into this itinerary!
PVG SIN HKG SYD SIN PVG on SQ and VS.
Thanks for reporting back! ^

Just so I understand precisely what happened:

(a) You wanted to change to a *A itin that included VS segments.
(b) You did not want or need to change the VS segments themselves.
(c) You were allowed to do this.
(d) You had your ticket reissued successfully.

If so, congrats for getting this done. ^
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:24 pm

Thanks for reporting back! ^

Just so I understand precisely what happened:

(a) You wanted to change to a *A itin that included VS segments.
(b) You did not want or need to change the VS segments themselves.
(c) You were allowed to do this.
(d) You had your ticket reissued successfully.

If so, congrats for getting this done. ^
The SIN HKG leg was originally SIN BKK HKG. A minor schedule change occurred, and I called when SQ was wide opened and changed this to SIN HKG direct, on 77W C. There was never any issue about the change, it was just difficult for them to produce a new ticket number. 4 calls and 2 hours on hold did it.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 6:08 am

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
So let me see if I understand...my 9/29 award trip from DUB-LHR-EWR was issued and remains on 005 stock. The DUB-LHR segment was BMI, now BA, and the LHR-EWR was and is VS UC. VS says all is fine, but I can't pull up the reservation on their website, ever since it changed from BMI to BA flight #. Should I worry? Should I do anything? If I read this thread correctly, I should just show up and fly...but I have so little faith!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
I just changed my return, no problem.

Taking VS12 on an award ticket on 7/29. Return on 8/16 was LHR-FRA-SFO in F, but seats just opened in C on UA931 LHR-SFO. Called and booked the C seats on 931, but wait listed F for the same flight. At first the agent had trouble doing it, but she never said it could not be done. She just asked if she could put me on hold while she got help. Five minutes later it was done. Total time invested: under fifteen minutes.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
The SIN HKG leg was originally SIN BKK HKG. A minor schedule change occurred, and I called when SQ was wide opened and changed this to SIN HKG direct, on 77W C. There was never any issue about the change, it was just difficult for them to produce a new ticket number. 4 calls and 2 hours on hold did it.
Hmmm. The schedule change is key here. Even I was told back in the day that schedule changes would be accommodated without losing the VS segments.

Originally Posted by psfcfa
So let me see if I understand...my 9/29 award trip from DUB-LHR-EWR was issued and remains on 005 stock. The DUB-LHR segment was BMI, now BA, and the LHR-EWR was and is VS UC. VS says all is fine, but I can't pull up the reservation on their website, ever since it changed from BMI to BA flight #. Should I worry? Should I do anything? If I read this thread correctly, I should just show up and fly...but I have so little faith!
I'm a little confused. UA accommodated you on BA when BD bit the dust?

In any case, the inability to pull up VS awards booked with non-VS miles is a known glitch. No worries there.

Originally Posted by lexdevil
Taking VS12 on an award ticket on 7/29. Return on 8/16 was LHR-FRA-SFO in F, but seats just opened in C on UA931 LHR-SFO. Called and booked the C seats on 931, but wait listed F for the same flight. At first the agent had trouble doing it, but she never said it could not be done. She just asked if she could put me on hold while she got help. Five minutes later it was done. Total time invested: under fifteen minutes.
This is more interesting. If I'm reading correctly, you requested a reroute not forced by a schedule change, and UA is accommodating. Interesting. Personally I would call VS and make sure things are still ok on their end. It's not clear from your post what the "it" is that the agent had trouble doing (the reroute and waitlist for F, or reissuing the ticket with VS segments), but one reason for pause is that there's no possible way it was "done" in five minutes. Any change requiring a repricing requires a reissue, and the reissue is where the VS problem would crop up -- UA no longer has the ability to pull VS inventory. It would have to be sent to the post-agreement integration desk. There's just no way it's "done" so easily.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1MM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold/SVN 3 Star Elite, ICG Plat Ambassador
Actually BD was bought by BA so they just changed the flight number. So my ticket was issued by CO last December and is now on BA and VS. Go figure.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 6:00 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
This is more interesting. If I'm reading correctly, you requested a reroute not forced by a schedule change, and UA is accommodating. Interesting. Personally I would call VS and make sure things are still ok on their end. It's not clear from your post what the "it" is that the agent had trouble doing (the reroute and waitlist for F, or reissuing the ticket with VS segments), but one reason for pause is that there's no possible way it was "done" in five minutes. Any change requiring a repricing requires a reissue, and the reissue is where the VS problem would crop up -- UA no longer has the ability to pull VS inventory. It would have to be sent to the post-agreement integration desk. There's just no way it's "done" so easily.
Well...I don't know HOW they did it, but they do seem to have managed it. I just got off of the phone with Virgin and they confirmed our reservations on VS12 on the 29th. The only odd bit is that they see ALL of our previously reserved flights. This includes an old CO flight SFO-BOS, the UA SFO-BOS flight that replaced it after the merger, our original LHR-FRA-SFO tickets, and our new tickets on UA 931 non-stop LHR-SFO. Virgin was not, however, concerned about any of this. They say that we are good to go regardless.

It really doesn't sound as if the VS portion of this trip had to be reissued. I wonder if United came up with a work-around sometime between February and the present?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.