Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

End of VS/OnePass Partnership 2/13/12 -- Post-Agreement Change/Reticketing Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of VS/OnePass Partnership 2/13/12 -- Post-Agreement Change/Reticketing Issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
I was burned by a buddy that I was suppose to fly with on VS so I ended up canceling reservation since it didn't work and I wasn't about to fly that routing by myself......... no VS for me

I dunno I have heard VS is not nearly as good as it use to be, and that one of the main reasons for doing this was the Clubhuose at LHR.

beside I am not a huge airbus fan which is what VS uses to most north america cities these days
I get that all good things must come to an end, but this entire thing seems to me in bad faith. As a 1K, when I book a ticket, I do so knowing it can be changed at no cost. The least CO/VS could have done was allow changes for a year after original ticketing...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
It's a shame to see this end. Over the years I used CO miles for 2 VS flights. Both were great and the LHR VS lounge was very nice.
I hope somewhere in the future some sort of partnership comes back.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: CO - Platinum, SPG - Lifetime Platinum, US - Chairman, Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Silver
Yet ANOTHER loss for all of us in this "merger" BRING BACK VS SMISEK!!!!!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by politux
Yet ANOTHER loss for all of us in this "merger" BRING BACK VS SMISEK!!!!!
He has no say; VS is not going to partner with a carrier who is a direct competitor to them and UA IS more of a direct competitor with routes feeding into a few of VS's big markets like LAX and SFO. If VS ever joins an Alliance, likelyhood is it will be Star Alliance - but until then it's a two way street for both to go their separate ways.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:33 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
I was burned by a buddy that I was suppose to fly with on VS so I ended up canceling reservation since it didn't work and I wasn't about to fly that routing by myself......... no VS for me

I dunno I have heard VS is not nearly as good as it use to be, and that one of the main reasons for doing this was the Clubhuose at LHR.

beside I am not a huge airbus fan which is what VS uses to most north america cities these days
Sorry to hear. Actually VS has perhaps one of the largest daily B747-400 flights TATL ex UK. It's just that most of those flights are UK-Carribean or UK-US/Florida. Some 747s still go to JFK or EWR.

Sad to see the partnership go. I was looking to go from the US east coast to EZE on an award using VS miles but alas, no more!
Old Mar 23, 2012, 5:27 pm

So are there any updates or attempts for people trying to change their tickets that include VS segments. After the feb 13th or really the march 3 date. Looks like one of my domestic flights in SA on SAA got canceled and they put me on an even earlier one. Haven’t accepted the changes yet but wondering if I do will my VS segments be loss. And if I call up try to change to an alternate flight will that mess with my VS segment. And on top of that worry do I have to worry about the ticket being printed onto UA stock therefore losing my VS segments anyway which has also been discussed elsewhere.

So does anybody have any recent experience or words of wisdom?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:15 am
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
I have an award trip next week that includes a VS segment. I wonder what happens if I change the UA segments via SDC? Would the VS segment be affected?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by encierro98
So are there any updates or attempts for people trying to change their tickets that include VS segments. After the feb 13th or really the march 3 date. Looks like one of my domestic flights in SA on SAA got canceled and they put me on an even earlier one. Haven’t accepted the changes yet but wondering if I do will my VS segments be loss. And if I call up try to change to an alternate flight will that mess with my VS segment. And on top of that worry do I have to worry about the ticket being printed onto UA stock therefore losing my VS segments anyway which has also been discussed elsewhere.

So does anybody have any recent experience or words of wisdom?
Originally Posted by aau
I have an award trip next week that includes a VS segment. I wonder what happens if I change the UA segments via SDC? Would the VS segment be affected?
I tried to change the return of an award (that I'm currently flying here in about 90 minutes) that had a VS segment on the outbound. Three different agents told me "no". Oh well. So I left it alone. Now I could change if I wanted to but would have to pay the close-in booking fee. So, the change wouldn't be cost effective (was trying to change which city I had a forced overnight Bangkok vs. Sydney, but the change fees would negate any hotel savings by moving it to Bangkok).

Side note, the seat on VS is nice, the drinks also nice, but the food was quite underwhelming for me. Also, seatguru is wrong on the A346. There are no row 1 seats, so 2K is right next to the bathroom (where I was, but still didn't wake me up. That being said, I've had three straight overnight flights (BKI-ICN, HKG-SYD, and about to board SYD-RAR) so I might not be the best judge of if it's bothersome or not).

Chris
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:11 am

Chris-
thanks for the info. So what were the reasons that now you were allowed to change the flight, policy change or close in changes are allowed?

also what is the likelihood that they would let me switch from the new 6 am flight they put us on to the noon flight as the 10am flight, the 2 alloted award seats are filled by wife and daughter. Only problem that would technically make our layover on this one-way award a stopover as it goes to 25.5 hours.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
I had an award ticket with a invol schedule change for June/July. Several days ago, a PMCO agent rebooked me without incident even though my return flight had a VS segment. YMMV. Ticket was reissued on 016 stock.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amartin1979
I had an award ticket with a invol schedule change for June/July. Several days ago, a PMCO agent rebooked me without incident even though my return flight had a VS segment. YMMV. Ticket was reissued on 016 stock.
My understanding is that in the case of involuntary schedule changes, there is some kind of CO-VS procedure to handle the change and reissue of the ticket. They won't, however, reissue the ticket for a voluntary change.

One thing I wonder about, if the schedule change makes it impossible to be on a ticketed VS segment, will VS actually permit rebooking on a different VS segment, or would you be forced to change non-VS segments in order to accommodate? I imagine if the problem were that VS made the change, they'd probably allow it, but what if you're flying XXX-LHR-JFK, and the XXX-LHR flight is changed such that you'd miss the LHR-JFK segment on VS? Would VS say go deal with the XXX-LHR carrier? Or would they permit rebooking on a later VS flight to JFK?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by amartin1979
thank you, that is what I was hoping to hear ^
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

thank you, that is what I was hoping to hear ^
A piece of advice: Take names of everyone who assists you in doing this rebooking, and keep them on the line as they email you the new itin. Inevitably it will not be rebooked instantly -- they'll have to do something on the VS end. Find out how long this will take, and immediately follow-up if it's not issued when promised.

I simply don't trust the "new" UA to handle this right. You have to stay on top of them with this.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:25 pm

ok I think I was able to make the changes. Called up for my first reservation and asked if I can actually switch it to the later flight, which would make it a 25 hr layover. She had no problem with that and assured me the vs legs would not be affected. I received the a new ticket with the 016 stock with all the correct flights on there. My other reservation I just accepted the changes on line (the flight changed by about 15 mins). No new ticket was issued.

however now when I try to check my vs flights online it is giving me an error? But when I called vs up they said everything is in order. I assume I am fine, should I be worried?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:42 am
Original Poster

however now when I try to check my vs flights online it is giving me an error? But when I called vs up they said everything is in order. I assume I am fine, should I be worried?
The inability to see your CO award on the VS website is a known glitch.

As long as VS confirms it, you're fine. I would, if possible, get VS to send you a confirmation, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.