Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

No United Club access for BF passengers on some routes??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:07 pm
Zip
Original Poster

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold

The United Club access rules read in part “BusinessFirst markets include customers traveling in the front cabin of Continental-operated flights to/from Houston/Newark and the following: Europe, Asia, India, Argentina, Brazil as well as flights between Newark and Lima or Honolulu and Houston/Newark/Guam.”

So, does this mean that a non-club-member Platinum passenger flying DEN-HNL in BF (CO135) does NOT get Club access?? If correct, this seems to be a very strange exception.

Are there any other BF flights where a BF passenger does not get Club access??
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Zip
The United Club access rules read in part “BusinessFirst markets include customers traveling in the front cabin of Continental-operated flights to/from Houston/Newark and the following: Europe, Asia, India, Argentina, Brazil as well as flights between Newark and Lima or Honolulu and Houston/Newark/Guam.”

So, does this mean that a non-club-member Platinum passenger flying DEN-HNL in BF (CO135) does NOT get Club access?? If correct, this seems to be a very strange exception.

These rules were clearly written prior to any CO flights being operated between DEN-HNL. If access is given from IAH-Hawaii, then you'll be able to access it at DEN also.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K
DEN-HNL is "BusinessFirst-marketed", i.e. copays apply for upgrades and it is not eligible for EUA. You should be fine for club access. Good luck.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
UC Access

I returned from HNL on Monday (first time) and was in [N]F - could I have used the UC after or before HNL-SFO?

I looked on .bomb and could not find the rules being quoted above.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by Zip

Likewise, how about passengers on the IAH-LIM flight which is 6.5 hours long?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Madone59
I returned from HNL on Monday (first time) and was in [N]F - could I have used the UC after or before HNL-SFO?

I looked on .bomb and could not find the rules being quoted above.
No - this is just a regular domestic route. The EWR, IAH and DEN routes are operated with BF service.

Originally Posted by Time traveller
I presume so, since it's international? This would be in line with the *A rules (or more accurately, would exclude the exception that the domestic US airlines have for their domestic routes)
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Flying from IAH to Mexico in "international business class" has always in the past allowed me to access the Presdent's Club in Houston so traveling to Lima in the forward cabin should also allow access to the U ited Club for Star Gold elites.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by Time traveller
IAH-LIM has been UA operated for a while on an old UA 767 so it would not be a "Business First" route, just a United Business Route. However, if you are in business (award/paid/upgraded) you WILL be able to access the UC in IAH and one of the contract lounges in LIM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mpw81
IAH-LIM has been UA operated for a while on an old UA 767 so it would not be a "Business First" route, just a United Business Route. However, if you are in business (award/paid/upgraded) you WILL be able to access the UC in IAH and one of the contract lounges in LIM.
Also due to *Gold status - missed that in the OP's profile.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:55 am
Zip
Original Poster

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
These rules were clearly written prior to any CO flights being operated between DEN-HNL. If access is given from IAH-Hawaii, then you'll be able to access it at DEN also.
Thanks for this comment and others. Mrs. Zip is pleased she has a reasonable chance at access. However, if an agent does look up the rules, they will see the "written prior to any ... flights DEN-HN" rules (quoted in my original post above). Also, the rules do not atate "U Club Access is given to any BF passengers," so this implies that there are some exceptions; hoping that DEN-HNL is not one of these exceptions!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.