Which Fare Basis Post Systems Merger

Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
Which Fare Basis Post Systems Merger

Given that both CO and UA are currently publishing fares on various routes - and those fares differ significantly (i.e. B can be a difference of > $1000) ... what fares are going to win out once we move to integrated system day one?

There are a few UA fare basis that I have grown accustom to booking based on their flexibility...but looking at the same fares on the CO side they seem to be more expensive with less features (i.e. stopovers). I really hope we end up keeping lots of the UA fares but only time will really tell.

I am hedging my bets, booking up on the UA airfares before the systems merger. Lets see if they payoff!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
There's no reason it would have to be one or the other - this is something that the combined airline will make business decisions on based on competition, etc. So I would expect you'll see fare structures and rules pulled from both legacy airlines going forward.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:56 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Fare basis changes all the time, with or without a merger in the mix. I believe both UA and CO fare basis have been aligned at the moment, but always subject to change (of course).
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The fare classes should be aligned as of today. The revenue management system that is going to be employed is the legacy UA one.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I am sure it is covered somewhere but I can't find it. How do I find the Fare Basis of my new united.com booking and get the fare rules? (It is already ticketed and I don't see it listed in the confirmation e-mail.)

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.