Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread [ARCHIVE]

Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread [ARCHIVE]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 23, 18, 3:35 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
This is an archive of older posts, the active thread is Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread

United operates United Clubs in the USA and many international locations -- see United Club and Other United Lounges for a detailed list.

UA's partners and the Star Alliance operates lounges in some of the same airports and many others. See the *A Lounge Finder and *A Lounge Access Policies . Additionally, some airports have "contract" lounges, admission is airport dependent.

United also operates International Global First Lounges and Arrival Lounges. These lounges have different access policy, see the linked threads for more.

To have access to the UCs, you will need to fit into one of the following
  • Be a UC member -- either directly purchased or combined with a credit card (such as Chase MP Club card)
    * UC members can have 2 guests or guest their spouse and dependent children under 21 years - Note at non-UA *A lounges UC members are allowed only 1 guest.
    * The actual UC membership card @ UCs is generally not required if you have a UA BP -- since the UC membership is tied to the MP account
    * Same day BP on ANY airline (arriving or departing)
    * Spousal memberships are available as an extra cost option
  • Be traveling as *G member (see UA *G on domestic-only itinerary limitation) with departing *A BP showing your status while in any cabin
    * Can guest 1 traveler with a departing *A BP.
    * UA *G cannot access domestic UCs unless traveling on a *A international itin (within 24 hours - can be different PNR)
    * If non-UA *G but crediting to UA MP, you will need to present your non-UA *G card. There have been some reports of refused entry -- agents claiming you have to be crediting to the same program as you are requesting entry
  • Be departing that airport in *A International Business or International First (with BP)
    * International First passengers can guest 1 traveler with a departing *A BP. No guests for International Business.
    * UA has an expanded access policy that those traveling same day International Business or International First on UA operated flights can access UCs at any same day connecting airport
  • Premium transcontinental non-stop (EWR-SFO/LAX & BOS-SFO) business class traveler
    * Limited to origin and destination airports of the premium transcontinental flight -- does not include connecting cities
    * No guests
  • Have or purchase a UC one-time access pass
    * No guests
  • Have Amtrak Select Plus or Select Executive status.
    * 1 guest
    * Same day BP on ANY airline (arriving or departing)

When BP/ticket is required, it can be either a paid or award ticket.

United Club T&Cs

Common questions
Children -- Are they counted as a guest?
Anyone with an individual ticket is counted as a guest. Lap children (below 2 years of age) are not counted as a guest. UC members can guest their dependent family at UCs (but this will not work at other *A lounges).

Is Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Puerto Rico (San Juan), .... international for UC access?
Yes
Travel to or from Canada, the Caribbean, Central America, Guam and Mexico are considered international itineraries for the purposes of United Club access.
What about Domestic First Class?
Domestic First Class is not provided with UC access. Unless you qualify based on some other reason, there is no access for paid or award domestic FC.

Can my guest stay if I leave the lounge?
Strictly speaking, no. Guests only have access when the sponsor is in the lounge. You have "responsibility" for the guest when they are in the lounge. Realistically, however, there is usually no problem with leaving a guest behind.

Can access to the UC be further restricted?
UA reserves the right to limit access including the number of guests at times of crowding.

Can I bring food into the UC?
Strictly speaking no. There may be local health & safety codes against this.

Can I guest 3 co-workers by using multiple access methods? Such as 2 via UC membership and 1 as *G international?
No -- you cannot stack access methods.

Can I access the UC on arrival and no forward *A travel or if departing on a non-*A carrier?
Maybe if UC member or UA *G on international itinerary or arriving on UC operated Polaris cabin itinarary (Alsoyou qill need to able to access to the UC location)
Starting 18 Aug 2016: United Club Access (including members) Only w/ Same-Day BP

Partner lounges
Access / reviews for TK's IAD *A lounge
Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [2014 forward]
Best IAD Lounge
Lufthansa Lounge Access in DTW/Detroit
Accessing the *A Lounge at LAX/TBIT as a UA flyer
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 2, 17, 9:14 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by br2k View Post
Thank you! That's what I figured. Breakfast at the hotel it is, then (I take it, other than UC there is nothing interesting lounge-wise at ORD)
I thought the UC at ORD was one of the few in the system with hot breakfast.
Old Sep 2, 17, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0 View Post
I thought the UC at ORD was one of the few in the system with hot breakfast.
I did not know that (only been through ORD on short connections). There seem to be several. Do you know which one?
Old Sep 2, 17, 2:48 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I did not know that (only been through ORD on short connections). There seem to be several. Do you know which one?
B18 was the pilot for hot food. It may have expanded to the other UC's at ORD too, but I'm not sure.
Old Sep 2, 17, 3:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by zeer0 View Post
B18 was the pilot for hot food. It may have expanded to the other UC's at ORD too, but I'm not sure.
B6 also does, usually start serving hot food around 0730-0800
Old Sep 3, 17, 3:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Thank you! That's what I figured. Breakfast at the hotel it is, then (I take it, other than UC there is nothing interesting lounge-wise at ORD)
All the existing UCs at ORD have complimentary hot food available during meal times.

Breakfast is currently a french toast mix, with a fruit (apple?) compote served separately. Sometimes have sausage links, though a rather poor quality.

Any decent hotel buffet / restaurant will be much better.
Old Sep 5, 17, 6:31 am

Lounge access in Guam

Hi, hope someone might be able to help me with a question on lounge access.

I'm flying to Chuck from Tokyo and the routing takes me via Guam with a circa 6 hour layover in Guam. I've been able to upgrade the Tokyo - Guam leg to Business but this is not an option on the Guam to Chuuk leg.

My question is, am I eligible for lounge access in Guam before my flight to Chuuk based on the Business class flight in from Tokyo?

If so great, if not does anyone have any thoughts on how to kill six odd hours in Guam airport late at night / early hours of the morning?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 5, 17, 7:37 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by Dazed and Confused View Post
Hi, hope someone might be able to help me with a question on lounge access.

I'm flying to Chuck from Tokyo and the routing takes me via Guam with a circa 6 hour layover in Guam. I've been able to upgrade the Tokyo - Guam leg to Business but this is not an option on the Guam to Chuuk leg.

My question is, am I eligible for lounge access in Guam before my flight to Chuuk based on the Business class flight in from Tokyo?

If so great, if not does anyone have any thoughts on how to kill six odd hours in Guam airport late at night / early hours of the morning?

Thanks in advance
If your flying international premium cabin, then yes you have access before and after your flight. Just present your boarding pass and it will be scanned.
Old Sep 5, 17, 8:43 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Odd time?

if you arrive at GUM between 8 pm and 3 am, your question is mute because United Club is not open. Good luck.
Old Sep 7, 17, 1:53 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
When flying SLC-IAH-POS in first/business class, in a dummy booking I find seats in United First to Houston en United Business to Port-of-Spain (both seem to book into P bucket). I am correct in assuming we will not have lounge access in Salt Lake City but we will have lounge access in Houston?
Old Sep 7, 17, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer View Post
I am correct in assuming we will not have lounge access in Salt Lake City but we will have lounge access in Houston?
You should have access at both airports. Does SLC have *A lounge though

If not, your assumption is correct.
Old Sep 7, 17, 2:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer View Post
When flying SLC-IAH-POS in first/business class, in a dummy booking I find seats in United First to Houston en United Business to Port-of-Spain (both seem to book into P bucket). I am correct in assuming we will not have lounge access in Salt Lake City but we will have lounge access in Houston?
Normally domestic F does not include lounge access but UA will provide connecting domestic flight passengers access to UCs when flying UA international premium cabin.

However, there is no UC in SLC
Neither is there an *A lounge but you would not have access anyway.
Old Sep 10, 17, 4:53 pm

First class Domestic MCO to Denver

Do i get access or do i need to purchase a one day pass?
Old Sep 10, 17, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, United Premier Gold
You'll need to purchase a one-time pass. Domestic first class does not grant access.
Old Sep 10, 17, 11:34 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meli Rewards Platino, NH Silver
Hey. I have another question.
Can a *G (LH) enter the UA Club upon arrival (on UA/*A flight, of course)? Ive read somewhere that indeed, but I dont believe it.

Thx
Old Sep 10, 17, 11:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Marcin83 View Post
Hey. I have another question.
Can a *G (LH) enter the UA Club upon arrival (on UA/*A flight, of course)? Ive read somewhere that indeed, but I dont believe it.
Only if you are arriving in Polaris business or Polaris first, i.e., long-haul premium cabin on United metal.

Note that at HKG, you cannot physically access the UC without an onward BP.

Search this Thread