Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC

Not the best or most authentic confirmation but received a holiday phone call thanking for customer appreciation from a CS VP. Indicated for renewal in 2013 with 248k eqm and 104k spend
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:09 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ORDFlightDelay
83K PQM with spend around 40K with half miles and revenue international business class. Told didn't make cut but was awarded 1K w/out SWUs as consolation. Some of my admin reports did not make cut either despite higher miles. Decisions, decisions.
What had your status been before?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
What had your status been before?
Platinum this year and for 2+ decades prior ranged from Gold to GS.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:14 pm

Revenue Run?

I'm GS this year, but am not lined up to make it next year (85k & $30k). Is there any value to me spending $12k tonight to run my revenue numbers up this year in the hopes I may improve my chances of GS next year, or is it better to wait until tomorrow to secure a stronger 2013 in the hopes I requal in 2014?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:22 pm

Spending tonight won't add to your revenue - rev is counted based on the scheduled departure date of your flight, so unless you get your BIS before midnight, it'll be 2013 spend.

If you're looking for a requal, you might be able to get them to nudge you up since you're close to the bottom end of requals that we've seen this year (mid to high 30k range)...worth asking.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:24 pm

Thanks. Will do. Perhaps the $12k in new booked tickets will help the nudge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.