Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by jgsx
For new quals, you the status was already awarded. So since you switched to GS in mid-Dec, you made first draft. For requals, it is more complicated since you can't see a status change. First draft requals were already selected. WHQ and GSCS agents can see who made that, but phone operators / front line employees can't. Some people were indirectly notified about requalifitying.

The official notifications are all to occur by month's end.
You sound very confident- I assume you have 'inside scoop' somehow???
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
I went to: http://www.mileageplusmergerupdates.com/en/mp/Welcome

That page confirmed my 2012 GS status.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS/1K MM, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just rec'd the 2012 GS requal email. Interesting that it came from Continental, using my matched OnePass account number

^
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: United 1K/GS, AA Gold
Requal

Same here-- requalified for GS with email from Continental OnePass.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kents
Just rec'd the 2012 GS requal email. Interesting that it came from Continental, using my matched OnePass account number

^
Congrats ^ For some reason, I receive the Continental Merger Update Emails around noon and the UA Merger Update Emails around 5 or 6 pm on the same day.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
Just got the requal email -- came as a Frequent Flyer Program Update "One Pass" with the Continental Logo -- very interesting.

We are pleased to extend you an invitation for 2012 Global ServicesSM membership. The 2012 MileagePlus program, status levels and benefits will begin on March 3, and you will become a MileagePlus member at that time. Log in for a personalized preview of your membership, including information about how your OnePass account number will carry over to become your MileagePlus account number.

VERY GREAT NEWS!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kents

^
I just got the same e-mail, also from Continental.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:16 am

Programs: UA:GS, AA:Gold, HH:Diamond, Hyatt:Platinum, Marriott:Gold, SPG:Gold, Avis:First
GS Requal email, from "Continental Airlines OnePass"

Uggh, what a disappointing way to start out 2012. Just remind me yet again of the disentegration of the United GS program.

Can't complain too much, requal'd, but I really miss the GS program from 2010 and prior. Starting in 2011, it has started to go downhill, I now expect it to be "just another level" within 1-2 more years.

Gate agents in Chicago, the GS check-in area, all seem to be demoralized (as well as fellow GS folks I've talked to in the 2011 chaotic boarding process).
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Data Point:

Re-Qual with ~$45K Total & ~$15K FF spend. 290K EQM, ~45K FF Miles (almost all domestic).

Received the email today (had previously been told by a GS agent). I also had ~30K First Class miles flown on reward tickets.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:56 am

I just received the email inviting me to Global Services. I am a CO Presidential Platinum, no status on United. For 2011 I had 98,600 EQM and 91.5 EQ Points. No idea what my spend was, but guessing it was around $40k, mostly on Y fare domestic flights.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM
$45K FF spend, 85K FF miles, no requal

After 3 years as GS, and flying 85K C/D (no Z) business class miles last year on UA metal, no requal. I called GS today and they said my records did not show requal for 2012. Ugh! I guess SFO is really the wrong place to live, as I see others with much less spend and miles getting initial qual and requal.

Oh well. Since I fly mostly C/D anyway, I guess I am not really losing much.

EDIT: so that people who scan this thread looking for equal data will not include this incorrectly, it looks like I did make GS after all. GS on the phone said no, but on the 'special' page link given above, it says I am GS 2012 starting March 3. So I think I am GS (?). Time will tell.

Last edited by blueman2; Jan 19, 2012 at 12:55 pm Reason: update
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:58 am

No Requal

Just logged onto the special status web page (seen via a mail from Continental) and I did NOT requalify for Global Services in 2012. I'm really surprised on this one given how much UA travel I've done in the past year. Stats:

EQM ~174,000
FF BIS ~99,750
Total Spend ~$45,000

I've been pretty disappointed with UA lately -- and a particularly unacceptable response back from the Global Services mail address on Christmas Eve of all days -- so I've been busy looking at the best options to take business elsewhere. I guess now I get to pull the trigger on that plan.

Frustrating, though.

Also: I'm based at MHT, not exactly an elite-heavy hub. ;-(

Last edited by erikas; Jan 19, 2012 at 11:58 am Reason: Update
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA
I also did not re-qualify for 2012, based in DEN. Had 80k FF BIS (mainly Z international, some D) and around 160k EQM's. Did not get an email but saw it on the united merger web site.

Didn't track my spend but I am a little surprised with some of the other numbers I have seen here.

On the other hand fly mainly paid Z and D international and therefore won't loose that much. Also now I feel better having booked ANA for my February Asia trip :-). I probably will use LH more to Europe because I can't really use the SWU's on UA that easily and can't beat LH First on a Z fare but might end up in the slanted C once in a while.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Wow

Hope you last three posters tell UA to shove it and head out to greener pastures, especially for your profitable FF int'l travels.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by erikas
Just logged onto the special status web page (seen via a mail from Continental) and I did NOT requalify for Global Services in 2012. I'm really surprised on this one given how much UA travel I've done in the past year. Stats:

EQM ~174,000
FF BIS ~99,750
Total Spend ~$45,000

I've been pretty disappointed with UA lately -- and a particularly unacceptable response back from the Global Services mail address on Christmas Eve of all days -- so I've been busy looking at the best options to take business elsewhere. I guess now I get to pull the trigger on that plan.

Frustrating, though.

Also: I'm based at MHT, not exactly an elite-heavy hub. ;-(

I am shocked that your figures didn't qualify for GS. I guess the bar for requalification must be a lot higher than I thought.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.