Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, AC Elite, Global Entry
LH metal does not count - stick with CO/UA as $'s from these go into the GS calculation pot - remember FF miles is secondary requirement.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by rwsteelers
LH metal does not count - stick with CO/UA as $'s from these go into the GS calculation pot - remember FF miles is secondary requirement.
So CO equipment will qualify towards GS? Thanks for the input.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:49 pm
travelerORD

remember FF miles is secondary requirement.
Is that also true for requal?

Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:42 am

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
Originally Posted by travelerORD
Is that also true for requal?
If it is, then it's rather misleading to provide that metric (Full fare miles) to all GS members on their MP "dashboard", and not provide an actual primary metric.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: UA GS, AC Elite, Global Entry
Originally Posted by flyer215
If it is, then it's rather misleading to provide that metric (Full fare miles) to all GS members on their MP "dashboard", and not provide an actual primary metric.
From the CO website re: Milage Plus Update:

"Presidential Platinum.
Current and ongoing qualifiers of Presidential Platinum Elite™ will receive all benefits and services associated with the program through Jan. 31, 2012. The United Global ServicesSM program will replace the Presidential Platinum Elite program in 2012 and will be open to OnePass members.

Continental Airlines® and United® revenue will be combined and considered for 2012 United Global ServicesSM membership.
•Top revenue qualifiers will be invited to Global Services in late 2011."
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: UA MM/GS, SPG Plat
I have over 200k EQM miles, 94k full fare EQM, but only 44k in spend with 25k in full fare. Any history or thoughts of GS qual with those stats? I guess they'll finalize the list soon.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, F9 Summit, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by abden
I have over 200k EQM miles, but only 44k in spend with 25k in full fare. Any history or thoughts of GS qual with those stats? I guess they'll finalize the list soon.
Doubtful, based on that right there. I have yet to see someone with less than 30k FF spend make it...
Old Jan 14, 2012, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat; UA GS (via MM companion); SPG
From the CO website re: Milage Plus Update:

"Presidential Platinum.
Current and ongoing qualifiers of Presidential Platinum Elite™ will receive all benefits and services associated with the program through Jan. 31, 2012. The United Global ServicesSM program will replace the Presidential Platinum Elite program in 2012 and will be open to OnePass members.

Continental Airlines® and United® revenue will be combined and considered for 2012 United Global ServicesSM membership.
•Top revenue qualifiers will be invited to Global Services in late 2011."
invited not reinvited...

also, "revenue" is supposedly not accurate either... apparently only F A J C D Z Y B fares (the same ones listed as "full fare") count.

Really, UA should make things a lot more transparent, and any metrics shown to existing GS (and everyone for that matter) should be relevant.

It's fine to have no absolute cutoff ("we take the top 1% of customers based on full-fare mileage (or revenues) each year and (re-)invite them"), but they shouldn't make the metrics unclear.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: united
no hope for GS, until 4 Million Miles I guess

Well, I flew 250k + miles a year the last several years about 30k spend, and no GS, but at my current rate I should be in the 4 MM range in about six years, bet that change that, like they did taking away life time red carpet club this year, just before I went over 2MM. Got to love it
Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
I changed email accounts and cannot find the email address for GS Customer Service. I'd appreciate if someone could PM me with it. Thank you.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by cohighcountry1k
I changed email accounts and cannot find the email address for GS Customer Service. I'd appreciate if someone could PM me with it. Thank you.
It is on the back of your GS card.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: UA GS, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by flyer215
invited not reinvited...

also, "revenue" is supposedly not accurate either... apparently only F A J C D Z Y B fares (the same ones listed as "full fare") count.

Really, UA should make things a lot more transparent, and any metrics shown to existing GS (and everyone for that matter) should be relevant.

It's fine to have no absolute cutoff ("we take the top 1% of customers based on full-fare mileage (or revenues) each year and (re-)invite them"), but they shouldn't make the metrics unclear.
The way I understand it and it's been told to me by a CS agent is that it's total $ spend, but in order to reach that amount you pretty much have to be flying a lot of FF flights (e.g., it's pretty hard to hit $50-$60k per year without a decent amount in FF). I think that's why people who have a lot of FF miles but in Y, B or Z constantly get frustrated with the process- they see a lot of FF miles but it doesn't translate into enough $.

I agree that it's crappy in terms of transparency but I guess that's the point to some extent. I squeezed in an extra biz trip to europe in Dec that was pretty annoying to fly on UAL mainly to get enough $ for GS. If I wasn't motivated for GS, I definitely would NOT have flown UA. And I may have already qualified before I left as I saw my status had changed right after I arrived in Europe....
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
I was GS back in 2009 and haven't seen this benefit mentioned. My sister (a general member flying on a cheapo ticket) was flying from ABQ-RAP and there were weather issues along the front range so she was stranded in Denver (along with thousands of other people). She was told by CS in DEN that it would be 2 days before she could be routed up to RAP. I called Val at the GS desk and she got her onto the first flight that left DEN. Got her home about 36 hours earlier than expected.

I never called GS again for a family member related travel issue, so I don't know if this is a typical service or just a one-time rarity.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
There seems to be a lot of confusion even amongst Global Services employees on invites for 2012.

I asked the agent today at ORD Global Reception if there has been any news on invites for 2012. He said invites and requal emails went out for 2012 in the first week of Jan. However, Global Services phone reps say invites will go out for 2012 towards the end of January.

I'm looking forward to just knowing whether I'll continue to be Global for 2012 or should I enjoy the most of it until the end of March. I did a little of 81,000 FF miles (270k EQMs) in 2011 and not sure what my spend was.

One thing for sure ... being GS has completely made my ridiculous travel more tolerable. If I lose the status I think I'd make a concerted effort to travel to less ... and I'd definitely fly LH or other carriers more often. United earned 100% of my business in 2011 thanks to GS. (only a few code shares on LH for inter-europe)

Anyone else feeling the same was as me?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:20 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Jace
There seems to be a lot of confusion even amongst Global Services employees on invites for 2012.

I asked the agent today at ORD Global Reception if there has been any news on invites for 2012. He said invites and requal emails went out for 2012 in the first week of Jan. However, Global Services phone reps say invites will go out for 2012 towards the end of January.

I'm looking forward to just knowing whether I'll continue to be Global for 2012 or should I enjoy the most of it until the end of March. I did a little of 81,000 FF miles (270k EQMs) in 2011 and not sure what my spend was.

One thing for sure ... being GS has completely made my ridiculous travel more tolerable. If I lose the status I think I'd make a concerted effort to travel to less ... and I'd definitely fly LH or other carriers more often. United earned 100% of my business in 2011 thanks to GS. (only a few code shares on LH for inter-europe)

Anyone else feeling the same was as me?
I asked them last Thursday when at ORD and the answer was "We don't know".

When I called the GS desk and asked them (based on a few posts here that indicated that GS status was given to some for 2012), the agent (who I have dealt with for years and who I know to be knowledgable) said that they can't see any indication of renewed status, and that with the merger, it is taking UA longer to calculate who will be eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.