Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Old Apr 19, 15, 8:12 am

Programs: Honors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K Million miller
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
Check you company's policy on this or get the approval of a senior manager in advance. This is the sort of thing that could create problems for you, conflict of interest issues.
Miles on airlines and basic miles from credit cards are generally accepted practices but letting the personal rewards to you influence company purchasing is a very murky place to go. Surprised you are not mandated to use a company card at those spending levels.
I do use a company credit card for this and yes I have approval from the CEO. And of course I will buy the hardware at the least expensive method. The particular pieces of Seagate hardware are 5,099 everywhere I have looked so Im really trying to see if someone else has done this and that many miles have posted without issue.
Old Jul 31, 15, 1:48 am

Programs: UA *G, AS MVPG, Globalist
Has anybody had experience with miles posting/not posting after doing a price match? I did a staples order and has cust svc price match one item. However no 'unauthorized coupons' or anything like that.

Later I read the T&C and it says contacting cust svc _may_ result in no miles.
Old Jul 31, 15, 4:38 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dordal View Post
Has anybody had experience with miles posting/not posting after doing a price match? I did a staples order and has cust svc price match one item. However no 'unauthorized coupons' or anything like that.

Did you email Customer Service with the details of your receipt, etc.? I've generally found them to be surprisingly responsive and helpful.
Old Jul 31, 15, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence
Originally Posted by dordal View Post

I had the exact same situation last year. I bought a printer on Staples.com and then got a price match for about $20 less a couple weeks later. The transaction posted automatically to my mileage plus shopping account, and then a few weeks later a point deduction was taken for the $20 difference in price. Everything was seamless, no intervention from me.

Also, in practice, I have frequently used coupon codes that didn't appear on the MP shopping site and have ALWAYS gotten the miles. YMMV...but I've used coupons on Neiman Marcus, Nike, Staples, Groupon, Home Depot, Saks with no issues just to name a few merchants off the top of my head.

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
Did you email Customer Service with the details of your receipt, etc.? I've generally found them to be surprisingly responsive and helpful.
+1 on this. I have also been surprised at the consistent quality of their reps. A little slow at times, but always professional, and always following up on issues through completion.
Old Aug 29, 15, 12:58 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
How do I use United’s MP shopping portal to earn miles when clicking through to iTunes? This morning I clicked on iTunes inside the MP shopping portal and the link sent me to apple.com/iTunes where my option is to download it. I already have the software installed. Isn’t it supposed to open the iTunes program when you click on the link in the portal?
Old Aug 29, 15, 2:38 pm

Programs: UN 1K MM, Marriott-LT TitanElite, HH-Gold
I- Tunes

Originally Posted by JaysonW View Post
How do I use Unitedís MP shopping portal to earn miles when clicking through to iTunes? This morning I clicked on iTunes inside the MP shopping portal and the link sent me to apple.com/iTunes where my option is to download it. I already have the software installed. Isnít it supposed to open the iTunes program when you click on the link in the portal?
Once you are in United MP shopping portal, and select iTunes, it should open Itunes on your computer. At that point, anything you purchase qualifies.

Hint: To make this process easier, I do this often and buy $50 gift cards that I give to myself. Then I cash it in, so every purchase I make has gotten me miles. Then, when my iTunes balance is low, I purchase another gift card for myself.

Good luck. (It shouldn't be asking you to download the software... but it may be requesting that you download the latest itunes update, which you can decline).
Old Nov 15, 15, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
MileagePlus shopping + eBay posting times

A few weeks ago I made a purchase through MileagePlan Shopping and the tracking posted after a few days (from eBay),

With UA's new shopping bonus I made a $700 purchase on eBay, via my mobile browser on my phone, and that was about 5 days ago. I know the site says "sometimes takes 60-90 days to post" or something like that. But does anybody have any data points about eBay miles posting to your MP shopping account? Thanks. I know generally Cartera (?) sucks but I don't have many issues with them.
Old Nov 16, 15, 8:38 am

If I shop through my MP account login, but use my boss' credit card to make a purchase through the portal, am I eligible to receive the bonus multiple for that purchase?
Old Nov 16, 15, 12:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
If I shop through my MP account login, but use my boss' credit card to make a purchase through the portal, am I eligible to receive the bonus multiple for that purchase?
You need to register the credit with your account and
You represent that you are the account holder of any card you register in the Program and that you have full authority to register such card in the Program and to receive information about the transactions effected using such card.
Suspect authorized user also qualifies.
Old Nov 18, 15, 9:40 pm

Ok, to answer my own question, the bonus miles will hit your account when shopping under your own login and using (with prior approval of course) someone else's credit card. I did not have to register the card in MP Shopping, but I did have the items purchased delivered to me. The miles just hit my account today.
Old Nov 21, 15, 8:35 pm

Programs: UN 1K MM, Marriott-LT TitanElite, HH-Gold
Ok, to answer my own question, the bonus miles will hit your account when shopping under your own login and using (with prior approval of course) someone else's credit card. I did not have to register the card in MP Shopping, but I did have the items purchased delivered to me. The miles just hit my account today.
Sorry Jayson - yes - all that matters is that you are logged into the Mileage Plus Shopping as you... it does not matter whose credit card is used to purchase the sale. All that matters is that you logged into the the site as you, and you click on the link through Mileage Plus as you. Thanks for posting the clarification.
Old Nov 23, 15, 11:17 pm

Just saw the MP Shopping Portal has Magazines.com at 45 miles/$! Easy way to earn some massive points. I've noticed lately that increased mileage bonuses only run for 24-48 hours, this is one to definitely take advantage of.
Old Mar 30, 16, 3:32 pm

Programs: Pleb, unless you count Global Entry
Anyone else have an issue with iTunes? I bought a song through iTunes, through the MP portal, but when I log on to MP Shopping, it shows that I only visited & didn't purchase.

Guess I need to just use MPX to keep my miles alive?
Old Dec 22, 16, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Harry & David / not free FREEDELIVERY promo

Purchased the fruit of the month club via Harry & David via United MileagePlus shopping. $349.99 total for the fruit of the month club + tax total. Shipping was free via the FREEDELIVERY promo predominately displayed at transition between United MileagePlus and Harry & David. In the end the $85 for shipping was "discounted" from the $349.99 resulting in a shortage of ~1500 miles. The issue is in the hands of both United and Harry & David and the responses to date are less than customer friendly. In both cases I requested the issue be escalated to management. United responded to indicate the escalation is a 4-8 week process.

To summarize, $350 + tax total. Shipping was free via free shipping promo. Points posted for $265 ($350 - $85). The $85 is the amount I would have paid for shipping without the free shipping promo.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Dec 22, 16 at 5:53 pm
Old Dec 22, 16, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz PC
I'm a bit confused here - were you actually charged $350, or were you charged $285? It reads like you were charged $350 + tax, and the shipping cost was waived, but that was deducted from your bill. I've never had issues with H&D posting correctly to my MP account, so that's definitely a new one...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: