Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Interesting time lines and experiences.

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
Just wanted to share my experience.

At united.com I saw "Mileage Balance expires on 3/31/2012".
At mileageplusshopping.com I clicked iTunes on 3/20/2012 and bought a song.*
At mileageplusshopping.com on 3/31/2012 it showed the transaction but with status "Pending".
At united.com on 3/31/2012 the mile hadn't showed up yet -- a bit of a worry.

Fast forward to yesterday and today.
At mileageplusshopping.com on 4/9/2012 it showed the transaction status "Confirmed".
At united.com on 4/10/2012 the mile was there, and added to the previous balance.

So it worked fine for me (even though I shoulda bought the song sooner for peace of mind).

I'm also using the mileageplusshopping.com browser search toolbar and got a few miles that way.

* I had a gift card balance in my iTunes account which also mighta screwed me up (by not letting me spend a dollar via the mileageplusshopping.com click-thru). I addressed that issue by just creating a second iTunes account.
Originally Posted by NurseRatched
Download the MP Shopping search tool, do 3 searches. 3 searches = 1 mile, and no $$ out of your pocket.
Originally Posted by BrycePGH
About 90% of my purchases from the United Mileage Plus portal do not get posted. I have to keep a spreadsheet that has all of the information for the purchase with a field that is the order date + 45 (days) so I can manually file the request. To their credit, they have manually awarded all of the miles I have requested/earned. I wish I would have started this type of mile/cashback tracking years ago, I am sure I have missed out on hundreds of dollars and thousands of miles.
Originally Posted by nycvisitor
This is NOT accurate! 95% of my purchases get posted automatically (and recently very quickly, it takes about a week). Make sure you are not using unauthorized promo codes and cookies are enabled in your web browser.
Originally Posted by ctbarron
Only about a third of mine post without contacting MP shopping. The ones that do post do so quickly (7-10 days) but I have to submit a request for the rest.

Oddly I never have a problem with MP Dining...
Old Sep 19, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
I made a large order from eBags on the UA portal when they had a 18 x miles promotion on 23 July for UA credit card holders. Still haven't gotten my miles. I do have screenshots and filed a missing miles claim and someone emailed back they need another 4 weeks to investigate.

Last edited by Tiki; Sep 19, 2013 at 9:01 pm
Old Sep 30, 2013, 12:59 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I have yet to get any of my purchases this year to credit. I've sent order #s and forwarded copies of the invoices--no dice yet.

These have always been difficult miles to collect, requiring close supervision and often several follow-ups, but in prior years, I've usually gotten at least 50% of my shopping miles without extra effort. This year, it's literally 0%.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
I use MileagePlus shopping quite frequently; ShoeBuy.com, LL Bean, Under armor, Nordstrom, Drugstore.com, BestBuy, FTD, and others.

My points post anywhere from three to ten days after purchase.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Just received in my email this offer for Mileage Plus Shopping , spend $25 get 500 Bonus miles, spend $50 with 2 additional purchases ( total) get an additional 1,000 miles.

Offer valid from 10/22 - 11/11/13 11:59:59pm EST. To qualify for the first 500 bonus mile offer, you must make a single purchase of $25 or more with any MileagePlus Shopping online retailer.
To qualify for the additional 1,000 bonus miles, you must make two additional purchases. with any participating online retailer, for a cumulative amount of $50 or more.

The maximum number of bonus miles that can be awarded to each qualifying member through this promotion is 1,500 bonus miles with at least 3 purchases and a total spend of $75 through MileagePlus Shopping.

This bonus offer is only available for members who received an email from MileagePlus Shopping. Returns, shipping, taxes, gift card purchases, and certain products are not eligible for bonus; please see site for details on any coupon code details or usage restrictions.
Please allow 8-10 weeks for bonus miles to post to your account.

Last edited by duranza; Oct 30, 2013 at 8:23 am
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:34 am

My experience with MileagePlus shopping has been varied. I have not had anything post from Home Depot or Lowes directly to the site. I had to contact them to get it fixed. Drugstore.com and Magazines.com have had not issues, regardless of whether or not I use my United Explorer card. I just completed four purchases last Friday to get the bonus mentioned by duranza above, all with my Explorer card. So far only drugstore.com has shown up.

To summarize my experience, you have better luck if you use the United Explorer card than if you use another card. Home Depot and Lowes both suck at tracking purchases through the site. Drugstore.com and magazines.com both post rather quickly. I can report back when I have info on other sites.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:41 am

I just went and filed 8 more claims for missing mileage. Cartera is frankly awful.

I have had one--exactly one!--transaction post this year without my intervention: a 12 mile Bath & Body purchase.

I am due not only 8 other (substantially larger) purchases from other vendors, but also at least two bonus/promo miles offers. Wonder if I'll ever see those?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:46 am

im still waiting on my 60,000 miles from the sears 16x gift card sale.

Looks like sears cards are earning again for the next 2 days @ 4miles per $
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:55 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
It's a total YMMV situation as from this post, I had MP shopping miles from Target post in 2 days
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:52 am

Interesting how the inquiries seem to be handled significantly better or worse by different CS folks at Cartera. Of my recent 8 inquiries, I got responses (from the same person) to 5 of them yesterday--all cut & pasted, anyway--apologizing and promising the miles have been sent to UA.

The other 3 I got back this morning, all 3 from a different person at Cartera. The first two claim that they will "check back again" in 8-12 days, citing that "merchants send us transactions in batches." (Mind you, one of these is ~7 weeks old already; can't believe the merchant just hasn't "batched" that one.) The third claims that "our T&C say that merchants will not investigate claims over 6 months old."

I replied to that one with a copy of the receipt, saying there's nothing for the merchant to research, and that the order still appears in the merchant's system by order # (I just confirmed that a few minutes ago).

We'll see what the response to that one is.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:27 pm

I think I am going to have to start a spreadsheet just to track Mileage Plus Shopping purchases. While I have had one properly-posted transaction this year (Smarthome), none of the others (2x Home Depot, 2x Kohls) have shown up.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by exerda
I think I am going to have to start a spreadsheet just to track Mileage Plus Shopping purchases. While I have had one properly-posted transaction this year (Smarthome), none of the others (2x Home Depot, 2x Kohls) have shown up.
So all of those eventually posted, albeit with much needling on my behalf.

Next up: a $1200 Home Depot purchase and a $170 Home Depot purchase. I filed a claim for the $1200 one a few days ago, and Cartera says that because it was a large purchase, they're opening an investigation with Home Depot.

I guess I'm just glad they are looking into it given Home Depot no longer participates. I was half expecting their response to be, "Sorry, no miles because Home Depot isn't a partner store any longer."
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Is there typically a time lag between miles earned from a retailer for purchase and the MP mall bonus?

I bought an item from Macy's during a point promo in early August (5x or 10x points, can't remember the specifics). I got the base points for the purchase from Macy's, but no sign of the big MP mall bonus. I know Macy's was one of the eligible retailers because it was highlighted and linked directly off the promo page on the MP mall website.

It has been a little under two months... should I just wait one more month before making the inquiry? There are a couple thousand points hanging in the balance so I'd like to get my hands on them.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:06 am

Make the inquiry now. The worst they can say is, "The T&C of the promo say it could be up to 8-10 weeks." If you wait too long, they'll claim they can't look at claims older than that...
Old Sep 30, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by exerda
Make the inquiry now. The worst they can say is, "The T&C of the promo say it could be up to 8-10 weeks." If you wait too long, they'll claim they can't look at claims older than that...
Good call... thanks.

I find these shenanigans discouraging... it's my first experience with the MP Mall and I can't say I'll be in a huge rush to try it again based on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.