Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Mileage Plus Shopping - consolidated mileage posting questions / issues

Old Jun 26, 19, 11:49 am
  #181  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 14,605
Originally Posted by SuperKirby View Post
8 miles/dollar today, does Macbooks qualify for this? I know they have TONS of exceptions on apple.com. TIA
I looked the offer terms and I don't see any carve outs for Apple hardware. Bose products are excluded, as are gift cards. It's hard for me to imagine they'd exclude the MacBook. Apple's still making plenty of margin on them.
SuperKirby likes this.
jsloan is online now  
Old Jun 26, 19, 11:52 am
  #182  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,810
"Please note these terms & conditions: Rewards are issued by this site, not Apple. Products not eligible for rewards are gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs and shipping. Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale. Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible. Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents. Purchases made with a gift card may be ineligible."

I read it already, i just wanted to make sure if anyone had issues with macbooks. I don't wanna drop $2 Gs and not get a huge return on miles!
SuperKirby is offline  
Old Aug 15, 19, 7:51 am
  #183  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Programs: UA Silver
Posts: 144
MPS Walmart1x but most purchases excluded

This might be a recent terms update, or new to me. It took be my surprise and wanted to share. Walmart which gets 1x thru MPS now has so many exclusions that cover almost all its inventory. I was trying to meet the $350 back to school spend and get 1500 points but only $27 of my $192 walmart delivery was eligible. I have been shopping this way for a while but did not read the recent terms. FYI- read the terms everytime you shop MSP...tedious but necessary I guess.
detony is offline  
Old Aug 15, 19, 7:57 am
  #184  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CLE
Programs: United Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 135
I purchased a Microsoft product from Best Buy through Mileage Plus Shopping about a week ago. The points posted a few days later but within the same day the points were promptly deducted. I guess I'll have to call to find out what's going on....
dabears is offline  
Old Aug 15, 19, 9:50 am
  #185  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Programs: DYKWIA, UA GS/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador
Posts: 1,748
I've given up on Mileage Plus shopping. It seems like 3 out of 4 times, I have to email in to actually get the credit that was promised. And then they credit it late so that doesn't qualify for their promotions....

I've switched to the Chase shopping portal and never have any problems with them at all. It's usually the same stores as MP shopping and sometimes the offers are better.
porciuscato is online now  
Old Aug 15, 19, 10:05 am
  #186  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 620
Originally Posted by porciuscato View Post
I've given up on Mileage Plus shopping. It seems like 3 out of 4 times, I have to email in to actually get the credit that was promised. And then they credit it late so that doesn't qualify for their promotions....

I've switched to the Chase shopping portal and never have any problems with them at all. It's usually the same stores as MP shopping and sometimes the offers are better.
Its cookie based, ad blockers, firewalls and anti virus software affect it. Even browsing habits. I have the same problems. I've found that the best way forward is a computer reboot, disable the add ons, and fresh instance of the web browser. I'll usually do my browsing for items on my iPad separately, figure out what I want, then open my web browser on my laptop and add the items to my cart and complete the purchase. When you go back and forth browsing, adding and subtracting from your cart, multiple tabs and windows open it can affect your purchase being reported back to Cartera. Its definitely an imperfect system.
SuperKirby likes this.
gmt4 is offline  
Old Aug 16, 19, 12:47 am
  #187  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New England
Programs: DL GM, UA, B6, AA, WN, AS, AGR
Posts: 4,230
Originally Posted by porciuscato View Post
I've given up on Mileage Plus shopping. It seems like 3 out of 4 times, I have to email in to actually get the credit that was promised. And then they credit it late so that doesn't qualify for their promotions....

I've switched to the Chase shopping portal and never have any problems with them at all. It's usually the same stores as MP shopping and sometimes the offers are better.
They're both run by the same company - Cartera.

If you want a shopping portal operator that completely ignores you, try Points.com/Points International/Collinson Latitude (all names for the same company) who runs the Amtrak and Jetblue portals (and possibly others)
diburning is offline  
Old Aug 16, 19, 2:04 pm
  #188  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,810
Originally Posted by detony View Post
This might be a recent terms update, or new to me. It took be my surprise and wanted to share. Walmart which gets 1x thru MPS now has so many exclusions that cover almost all its inventory. I was trying to meet the $350 back to school spend and get 1500 points but only $27 of my $192 walmart delivery was eligible. I have been shopping this way for a while but did not read the recent terms. FYI- read the terms everytime you shop MSP...tedious but necessary I guess.
There are more and more exclusions for many items in stores lately it seems.

Originally Posted by porciuscato View Post
I've given up on Mileage Plus shopping. It seems like 3 out of 4 times, I have to email in to actually get the credit that was promised. And then they credit it late so that doesn't qualify for their promotions....

I've switched to the Chase shopping portal and never have any problems with them at all. It's usually the same stores as MP shopping and sometimes the offers are better.
I think it's just luck of the draw. Chase' Shop Through Chase portal almost never works for me and i've been out 1000s of points already. With the MP shopping portal (albeit ran by the same company) they're able to credit my points as long as I show receipt. With Shop Through Chase I am SOL! So I stick with MP Shopping, although for me I'd say it works approximately 75% of the time properly and 100% of the time if I show receipt.

Originally Posted by gmt4 View Post
Its cookie based, ad blockers, firewalls and anti virus software affect it. Even browsing habits. I have the same problems. I've found that the best way forward is a computer reboot, disable the add ons, and fresh instance of the web browser. I'll usually do my browsing for items on my iPad separately, figure out what I want, then open my web browser on my laptop and add the items to my cart and complete the purchase. When you go back and forth browsing, adding and subtracting from your cart, multiple tabs and windows open it can affect your purchase being reported back to Cartera. Its definitely an imperfect system.
This +1!
It seems to help when I completely start a fresh new browser (i.e. search and add to cart on Safari, but use MP shopping on a fresh newly opened Chrome browser).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 16, 19 at 2:35 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
SuperKirby is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 10:57 am
  #189  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 913
I use an Incognito Window. Incognito does not block cookies, it only isolates them to all activity within that window and deletes them when the window is closed.

Note that quickly adding multiple items to a cart and checking out could result in your order being flagged by poorly-written fraud prediction software, as that is not what a "typical shopper" does. The "typical shopper" is expected to check and compare prices, and read descriptions.
mozilla is offline  
Old Aug 28, 19, 7:07 am
  #190  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,810
Apple has 5x today on 8/28/19. I purchased something on 8/27/19 CST however Eastern Time it was 8/28/19. It was listed as 5x when I purchased it.
However on my transaction list it says 8/27/19. Should i cancel the purchase and re-purchase it today?

I'd hate to miss out on 8500 miles based on a technicality!
SuperKirby is offline  
Old Sep 2, 19, 7:48 am
  #191  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 913
Originally Posted by SuperKirby View Post
Apple has 5x today on 8/28/19. I purchased something on 8/27/19 CST however Eastern Time it was 8/28/19. It was listed as 5x when I purchased it.
However on my transaction list it says 8/27/19. Should i cancel the purchase and re-purchase it today?
Cartera is based in the NorthEast and shows the availability of offers based on the current time in the eastern timezone. However, Pacific time governs any sale from Apple.com, while local time governs sales inside physical Apple stores.

Technically, you wouldn't be eligible for the promotion for your Apple.com purchase, as "all contributions will appear on your eligible Program account based on Contributing Company's delivery of eligible reward data." Apple did report 8/27 as that was the date the sale was performed in Pacific time, and 8/27 falls outside the eligibility period for the offer.

However, I'd contact MPSHOPPING and tell them the promo was clearly listed without mention of a timezone, that your local date was inside the eligibility period, and that you purchased because of that promo. It's definitely worth a shot.

Did you get the extra miles?
mozilla is offline  
Old Sep 2, 19, 11:40 am
  #192  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,810
Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
Cartera is based in the NorthEast and shows the availability of offers based on the current time in the eastern timezone. However, Pacific time governs any sale from Apple.com, while local time governs sales inside physical Apple stores.

Technically, you wouldn't be eligible for the promotion for your Apple.com purchase, as "all contributions will appear on your eligible Program account based on Contributing Company's delivery of eligible reward data." Apple did report 8/27 as that was the date the sale was performed in Pacific time, and 8/27 falls outside the eligibility period for the offer.

However, I'd contact MPSHOPPING and tell them the promo was clearly listed without mention of a timezone, that your local date was inside the eligibility period, and that you purchased because of that promo. It's definitely worth a shot.

Did you get the extra miles?
Thanks for the info!
I didn't want to take the chance so I cancelled my order (from 11pm CST/ 12 midnight EST) and waited until 3pm CST the next day (8/28) to re-make the purchase. LoL.
So yes I will get the miles.
SuperKirby is offline  
Old Nov 29, 19, 8:20 pm
  #193  
SST
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 1,938
Anyone know why Staples and Office Depot fail to credit about 1/3 of the time, credit two weeks late about 1/3 of the time, and credit almost immediately about 1/3 of the time?
SST is offline  
Old Nov 29, 19, 10:47 pm
  #194  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Programs: UA Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; Global Entry; TSA Pre✓
Posts: 964
Originally Posted by SST View Post
Anyone know why Staples and Office Depot fail to credit about 1/3 of the time, credit two weeks late about 1/3 of the time, and credit almost immediately about 1/3 of the time?
I use them often and dont have such problems. I suggest you open a support ticket to have any credit failures investigated.
FlyingHighlander is offline  
Old Nov 30, 19, 10:23 am
  #195  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,810
I found that using Chrome with the installed MP extension works a lot better (haven't had missed miles yet).
SuperKirby is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: