Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2012 Edition [Compensation]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2012 Edition [Compensation]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, American Kettle, Hertz #1 Presidents Circle, Marriott LT Platinum
Diverted 787 Flight 1146

It took a followup email, but I just got a $300 e-Cert for being on the 787 that diverted to MSY on December 4th.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by calvinoeh
I was on a IAD-BRU-FRA-DUB itinerary in business. LH ticket with UA operating IAD-BRU and LH on BRU-FRA-DUB.

IAD to BRU flight delayed ~2hours due to some mechanical problems and subsequently missed the BRU-FRA-DUB flight. UA booked us on a direct EI BRU-DUB flight but in economy (single cabin flight).

I filed a request for compensation due to the involuntary downgrade for the BRU-DUB based on the Euro regulations and mileage credit for the original routing.

Odds of getting something from UA?
Finally heard back after ~2 months. $250 ecert..
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
On a flight in December the FA gave my coat to another passenger. It was never retrieved. I wrote to 1k voice and a week later I received a call from Houston.

The exec was apologetic, he said he didn't have the ability to send me a check, but to tell him what amount in vouchers I needed to be made whole. No argument, done deal and I walked away very satisfied. He even said if I needed anything not related to reservations, give him a call and gave me his direct line.

Finally he thanked me for sticking with UA during a tough year. It almost wipes clean the bad taste in my mouth from having to "debate" with CSRs about this and that.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UAL
July, 2012, my golf bag went to Kalispell, MT instead of Eugene, OR. Several phone conversations promising delivery and compensation. Golf clubs 3 days later, comp...missing. Called after a couple of months, promised $75 domestic. Never arrived. Called again, now actually have a $150 domestic voucher.
Old Mar 30, 2013, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Mods, can you close this thread and have everyone post in 2013 thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...pensation.html

[Posts which concern compensation for 2013 flights have been moved into the 2013 thread and this thread is now closed. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Mar 30, 2013 at 9:36 am Reason: See above note.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.