Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2012 "Upsell Offers to Business/F (UFC, PCU)" Questions/Discussion [Paid Upgrades]

2012 "Upsell Offers to Business/F (UFC, PCU)" Questions/Discussion [Paid Upgrades]

Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:12 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by bseller
goalie - I "think" that the 'initial offer' might well have been a more generic type, such as "BUY UP to F, for as low as $65". That's been my experience when I've downloaded the HTML emails anyway.
Glad you cleared!!
Dave
Yup but again, my issue is why was I being sent the e-mail in the first place when my upgrade was waitlisted (n.b. waitlisted vs pending)
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:50 am
Community Director Emerita

I just received an offer to purchase biz on my not yet upgraded HKG-SFO. However, when I click thru from the email to my itineraries, I can find no offers. I don't plan to buy, but I am curious as to the dollar offer. Can anyone walk me thru what I need to do to determine what it is?
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
$999 for Y->C on a H fare at booking for a NRT-IAD. Declined, used SWU on a 77Q.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just received an offer to purchase biz on my not yet upgraded HKG-SFO. However, when I click thru from the email to my itineraries, I can find no offers. I don't plan to buy, but I am curious as to the dollar offer. Can anyone walk me thru what I need to do to determine what it is?
Offers will only show up if there's upgrade space available. It's possible that it disappeared sometime between the time the email got batched to be sent out and when you actually clicked on it.

I can't imagine the price for buying up to business on HKG-SFO has changed much lately.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
ICT-DEN
A320
$75
declined
Old Jan 8, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: SEN, Platinum Ambassador PC
Premium Cabin Upsale Offers When Flying with United and CO from Zurich?

Hi,

I will fly with United from Zurich to New York in Eco-plus and same day New York to Houston with CO in Eco.

At zurich airport, United ofert any last mitute upgrade to Business class with $$$ ? Any experience for upgrade at the check-in ?

any comments ?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by ZUG2007
Hi,

I will fly with United from Zurich to New York in Eco-plus and same day New York to Houston with CO in Eco.

At zurich airport, United ofert any last mitute upgrade to Business class with $$$ ? Any experience for upgrade at the check-in ?

any comments ?
I think you're more likeley to get answers in the UA/CO forum.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I know in GVA for sure they have such offer roughly CHF 600, however, in ZRH I am not sure.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
The 2011 UA thread on upsell offers http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...1-edition.html
And the newly-opened 2012 version http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...on-thread.html

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Jan 8, 2012 at 11:42 am Reason: added 2012
Old Jan 9, 2012, 2:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Lack
I think you're more likeley to get answers in the UA/CO forum.
I would tend to agree. Off it goes.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:41 am

Programs: SPG Plat
You bet they do and they make no bones about it (they do not cover up the fact that waitlisted SWU will wait until they ask if anyone wants to buy-up to C). Cost a few months ago were somewhere around 650 CHF (a little over $700). Just ask the check-in agent for the buy-up cost.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by goalie
Bolding mine: Hammer hits nail on the head.
Must be the "tens of dollars" approach finally infecting UA.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA gold
AUS/SFO
Y(K)—>C
$225

SFO/LAX
Y(K)—>C
$99

LAX/PVG
Y(K)—>C
$999

All PCU
All
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:06 am

Kids got UFC 2 hours before flight on award tickets, Y -> C, GRU-IAD for $570. I thought it was a bargain.

Deb
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by DebBrown
Kids got UFC 2 hours before flight on award tickets, Y -> C, GRU-IAD for $570. I thought it was a bargain.

Deb
Thanks for another data point regarding award TOD upgrade. Seems this is getting common now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.