FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2012 Let's Eat - Domestic First, BusinessFirst, & Business Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1296993-2012-lets-eat-domestic-first-businessfirst-business-class.html)

BuckleandBoots Aug 4, 2012 8:53 am

Originally Posted by transportprof (Post 19044644)
Smoking Loon Cabernet Sauvignon was the red wine, an improvement over Canyon Road, at least to me.

I agree! I was pleasantly surprised by the smoking loon.

mh3265a Aug 5, 2012 9:54 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 19053767)
Sorry, the original question was about EWR-HNL and someone mentioned it would be similar to IAD-HNL, my mistake. But yes, it does not change my basic issue!

It's about a 9 hour flight but I get your point. YES, United First to Hawaii has definitely taken a nose dive in terms of service. I'd like to see the BF-lite service come back.

JWongInSF Aug 5, 2012 11:41 am

EWR-SFO Dinner flight First

TO Begin:
Chilled Appetizer - Smoked salmon and sesame coated tuna
Fresh seasonal greens - tomatoes, kalamata olives, parmesan cheese and croutons with honey dijon dressing.

Assorted dinner rolls and garlic bread

Main Choice:

Tenderloin beef - Delmonico's steak sauce, rosti potatoes, fine green beans and roasted tomatoes

Cajun style chicken breast - Cajun cream sauce, white beans with chicken sausage, collard greens and grilled onion

Vegetable filled mezzuluna pasta - Pomodoro sauce and zucchini with parmesan cheese

TO FINISH - Ice cream with choice of toppings.

I had the beef. Very tender..but the "Delmonico's steak sauce" was a fancy name for A1 steak sauce.

They passed out a menu. I took a picture, but how do I upload it into flyertalk? It asks for a url, instead of attaching a photo from my personal drive.

FlightNurse Aug 5, 2012 12:19 pm

I would almost say this is on par or slightly better than PS FC meal.

You have to use flicker or another online photo sharing service to post, however there is a thread on how to post pictures in the travel report section of FT.

Originally Posted by JWongInSF (Post 19063834)

TO Begin:
Fresh seasonal greens - tomatoes, kalamata olives, parmesan cheese and croutons with honey dijon dressing.

Main Choice:

Tenderloin beef - Delmonico's steak sauce, rosti potatoes, fine green beans and roasted tomatoes

Cajun style chicken breast - Cajun cream sauce, white beans with chicken sausage, collard greens and grilled onion

Vegetable filled mezzuluna pasta - Pomodoro sauce and zucchini with parmesan cheese

I had the beef. Very tender..but the "Delmonico's steak sauce" was a fancy name for A1 steak sauce.

They passed out a menu. I took a picture, but how do I upload it into flyertalk? It asks for a url, instead of attaching a photo from my personal drive.

Originally Posted by mh3265a (Post 19063201)
It's about a 9 hour flight but I get your point. YES, United First to Hawaii has definitely taken a nose dive in terms of service. I'd like to see the BF-lite service come back.

Wouldn't it have been simpler to keep a BF like service on flight over say 6 hrs, instead of downgrading everything to something a litter bit better then say soup kitchen quality.

1kBill Aug 5, 2012 5:23 pm

Is this menu limited to transcons EWR?

Or do other transcons have it as well? I'm on a PHL-SFO flight later this month, so inquiring minds and all that.

Originally Posted by JWongInSF (Post 19063834)

TO Begin:

Main Choice:

rch4u Aug 5, 2012 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by 1kBill (Post 19065455)
Or do other transcons have it as well? I'm on a PHL-SFO flight later this month, so inquiring minds and all that.

Only EWR/JFK-LAX/SFO have menus (and three entree choices with a decent-sized appetizer).

AAerSTL Aug 5, 2012 6:17 pm

Dinner flight SFO-BOS on sUA equipment. What should I expect to be served? Two entree choices standard domestic catering? Lox starter? Sundaes with toppings?

Will there be sUA crews?

Thanks.

demkr Aug 5, 2012 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by AAerSTL (Post 19065657)
Dinner flight SFO-BOS on sUA equipment. What should I expect to be served? Two entree choices standard domestic catering? Lox starter? Sundaes with toppings?

Will there be sUA crews?

Thanks.

Yes-
sUA crews

Assuming no catering snafus, you should have two entree choices along with tiny appetizer, salad/fruit, then sundae instead of cookie for dessert..also snack basket before arrival

demkr Aug 5, 2012 7:22 pm

08/05/12
UA849
SFO-MSP
F Class Lunch

Warm mixed nuts

Choice of beef chipotle wrap or chicken salad w/ olives and ranch - served with mushroom soup, dinner roll, and small fruit bowl

Oatmeal raisin cookie

AAerSTL Aug 5, 2012 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by demkr (Post 19065866)
Yes-
sUA crews

Assuming no catering snafus, you should have two entree choices along with tiny appetizer, salad/fruit, then sundae instead of cookie for dessert..also snack basket before arrival

Thanks.

dan1431 Aug 6, 2012 7:03 am

I was under the impression that EWR-SEA also got three entree choices and a menu, but I maybe wrong about that.

Dan

Uaflyer710 Aug 6, 2012 11:49 am

Anyone know what's being served as a "snack" on late night midcons?
Flying IAH-SAN , departs @ 9:11 pm , 737-900. Thanks!

SEA1K4EVR Aug 6, 2012 11:52 am

Originally Posted by dan1431 (Post 19067857)
I was under the impression that EWR-SEA also got three entree choices and a menu, but I maybe wrong about that.

Dan

It did..as did all transcons on CO up until the catering alignment several months ago. But those flights were all downgraded and there are now just 2 meal choices and no menus on all transcons except PS and EWR-SFO/LAX.

jraindc Aug 7, 2012 4:48 pm

Meal Service Upgrade ORD-DCA

I flew flight # 1585 today ORD-DCA at 1:20 p.m. I was pleasantly surprised to be served a snack. It was the humus, salad, couscous plate. According to the flight attendant, this service just started yesterday.

It was one of the Continental 737's with a Houston-based crew. Very attentive.

rch4u Aug 7, 2012 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by jraindc (Post 19078177)
I flew flight # 1585 today ORD-DCA at 1:20 p.m. I was pleasantly surprised to be served a snack. It was the humus, salad, couscous plate. According to the flight attendant, this service just started yesterday.

It was one of the Continental 737's with a Houston-based crew. Very attentive.

I am not familiar with this new "snack" - I'm also confused because ORD-DCA was previously just "refreshments" = the snack basket.

Were there pita chips/bread to dip in the hummus?

Pictures?